1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Bordeaux would have been more my speed, but the Aubergine is a very nice shade and I can see why it would get compliments.

My main goal will be getting all the Duck Canvas that are available (hoping the navy gets a restock soon), got a birthday coming up next month so I better start dropping some hints to my wife haha.

2. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

I'll be heading to NYC just before my birthday in early August. Sorry for scooping up all the 33's!

3. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Doh!

I better get the hints going and hope she buys in advance before you wipe them out haha. Hope you have a great trip! I would love to head to NYC one day.

4. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

Oh boy, I waited too long this summer to pickup the navy Seersucker and/or grey Irish linen walts. I just saw them in the sale section. There's still a 31 in the seersucker, but wondering how'd they'd fit. I special order a 29 but also wear a 30 in Walts. I'm a dead on 30 in Rivets. You think I'd be alright altering a 31"? I could have a matching bottom to my Caine sportcoat!

5. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

Matt, are the Wilshire's slim enough in the leg for you? I'm still on the fence, afraid they'll be a tad too loose in the knee.

6. trig

trig Well-Known Member

I think you'd be fine altering a 31. i love my seersucker walts.

7. Louys

Louys Well-Known Member

I went on a cruise with my folks last week. Never again. That said, here are some fits.

[​IMG]
    Taylor Stitch
    Epaulet
    (Unseen) GATS

[​IMG]
    Taylor Stitch
    Epaulet
    (Unseen) GATS

The noragi is my favorite piece ATM. For those on the fence it's easy to wear, you just take it off the hanger, put it on your body and profit. But seriously it's a great light layer that goes well over simple tees with most pants. You'll dig the robe vibe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Epaulet
    Taylor Stitch
    Wolf vs. Goat

[​IMG]
    Deal with it.

Rainbows

5 people like this.
  8. jhuetsch

jhuetsch Well-Known Member

Wondering if this sizing conversion is generalizable. I fit well in 31 rivets. Would walts and/or driggs fit me best in a 30?

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

EP x Vass scotch grain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  10. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

Oh, man. Very nice.

11. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

These are perfect Ryden. Just how I would wear them with denim man. My size is still out there.

Decided to grab last Purple Paisley Wool PS from sale section. It will go on Olive/Gold Windowpane FF SC.

[​IMG]

12. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Well-Known Member

Bad a** [​IMG]

13. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

The waist isn't even the biggest difference for me, it's the crotch area. The Rivet is a little uncomfortable in a 29, but it's roomy enough in a 30, and the waist is spot on with a 30. The Walt cut fits me fine there in a 29 but the waist is spot on usually as well, although I have a few 30 walts that fit well enough that i've never bothered altering. I've always thought the 29 Walt waist fits better because the rise is higher than the Rivets and I'm probably a little thinner just above the waist.

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I love those socks!

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Grab them! They are awesome!

Thanks for all the kinds words guys, the VAss makeups are so great and the quality and construction is top notch.

@Michigan Planner thanks buddy. J Crew Factory...looks like they are sold out as I don't see them on the site but they may pop back up soon.

16. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

Looks nice, sir. I'm not qualified to comment on the shoulder question but I was wondering how tall you are. I have been going 37XS on my last few jackets and I'm 5'4".

17. aglose

aglose Well-Known Member

Removed, didn't look hard enough.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  18. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Well-Known Member

It's hard to judge the color online. What is it like in person? What color shirts to you pair with? Thanks!

19. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Thanks Todd V! I'm about 5'5" to 5'6". I think length is hard for shorter guys. On the one hand I think I'll look taller and more proportioned with a shorter than average jacket, but whenever I've tried them … BB Milano, BF, J.Crew … I think it looks kinda silly and boyish. I think they have a tendency to exaggerate my short, skinny frame. Skinny lapels look weird on me as well. I have small shoulders, but a 2.5-3+ inch lapel looks better IMO. What I really like about the EP Southwick cut is that it's not exaggerated or trendy in anyway … just a good tailored look … not too Italian and not too ivy. EP is just right :)

20. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

I think it looks about right on you. You must have much longer arms than I.

In my experience, a Southwick 37XS runs 27" in length so you are probably best with the Short (I assume your's measure about 28.25 or 28.5"?).