• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit on these is SPOT ON, once I get the waist taken in and the pants hemmed. I think I'll be ordering a 34 Rudy from now on. Speaking of...are there going to be any more Rudy pre-orders anytime soon, or should I just email and grab something now? I'm specifically looking at the dove grey hopsack...the standard grey hopsack I just got today is fantastic, and I'd definitely be interested in more hopsack fabrics in the future.

Rudy pre-order trousers got delivered today - navy Irish linen and grey hopsack. Can't wait to get home and try them on! This is my first try with going up a size from 33 to 34. I'll definitely need the waist taken in, but the thigh and seat should hopefully fit perfectly now. I'll have to make sure I can get out to the tailor for alterations this weekend.

mikeharo

Reaction score

Fit on these is SPOT ON, once I get the waist taken in and the pants hemmed. I think I'll be ordering a 34 Rudy from now on. Speaking of...are there going to be any more Rudy pre-orders anytime soon, or should I just email and grab something now? I'm specifically looking at the dove grey hopsack...the standard grey hopsack I just got today is fantastic, and I'd definitely be interested in more hopsack fabrics in the future.

+1 on more Rudy's - got my pre-orders today and they are perfect. The fit is exactly what I need and have been trying to find. More Rudy's please

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do you plan to add any lighter color wool pants? (a light light grey, or a light cream/tan)

and any way to list the weight of the pant fabrics? just for reference

Simplicio

Reaction score
Lighter colours would be good. As for the dove grey hopsack, I have now ordered a second pair, just to be sure that I always have them available. They are potentially a OneTrouser.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today Epaulet Japanese check (thinnest shirt ever), navy cargo rivets and Hancock loafers.

0F386A7C-A64F-4CF0-BA69-44E2D052DEC1-3496-000003CB04F21DD6_zps6603d339.jpg

793175F7-18FC-479F-8611-F485A79C99C2-3510-000003CC39C492FB_zpsda060c08.jpg

nathanl

Reaction score

Lighter colours would be good. As for the dove grey hopsack, I have now ordered a second pair, just to be sure that I always have them available. They are potentially a OneTrouser.

To rule them all - at least during summer!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hopsack is a great fabric. And glad to hear you got the fit dialed in. Congratulations!

Thanks! I had gotten the thighs let out a bit on some of my older size 33s, but 34 is the way to go for me now.

Just thought of another question - any new updates on the selvedge denim Smith jean? I think from the original timeline those should be dropping soon. And are those able to be altered at all? Like if I sized up to get the thighs to fit, could the waist be tailored? I don't know much about denim, so that may be a really dumb question, but my usual problem with most jeans is the same problem I have with everything else - if I buy them to fit my waist, they're usually too slim for my thighs, and if I size up to fit my thighs, they're too big for my waist.

Last edited:

ascher07

Reaction score
Hey Mike/Adele,
My girlfriend took the epaulet skirt to the dry cleaner, and they de-pleated it. Any advice on what she can do to restore them? She's pretty upset. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member