• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to hear they fit up top, Stitchy.

As far as the length goes, I had my tailor leave them two rolls longer than normal. It definitely takes the lower leg in a little bit.

I was torn over keeping the original hem so as to put a little string in and cinch them (that's what those two holes on the inside of each hem are for) but I decided I'd probably never wear them like that and just had her chop it.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question, what do you guys do with the hems? These are way to long, do you guys have them shortened by a tailor or roll them? What length do you wear them at, high water or with a little slouch?
Yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to. I kept all my original hems and roll them up the ankle a bit for a more casual look on the weekends (especially since it is still so warm out), and then let them down to just a single roll if I want to wear them in a more MC casual style. Obviously would depend on your height though whether to get them hemmed or not.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

CD, Im relatively short, 5,10 with shoes on, so there is no way I can wear them with a cuff without chopping them, would be like 5 or 6 turns if I dont have them tailored. Heck, I doubt a roll above the ankle would even look good now that I think how many turns it would need.

Ill try and get some pics soon.

mbaum

Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

CD, Im relatively short, 5,10 with shoes on, so there is no way I can wear them with a cuff without chopping them, would be like 5 or 6 turns if I dont have them tailored. Heck, I doubt a roll above the ankle would even look good now that I think how many turns it would need.

Ill try and get some pics soon.

The fatigues are a bit cropped, so I am surprised that you have to roll them 5 - 6 times but maybe EG went long on your size. I left mine un-hemmed. Perfect from my height (5'11") as I can wear without a roll and then can roll one or two times to show different degrees of ankle (I wear the M with an inseam of ~31.5").

However, I did bring my orSlow fatigues and EG USN pants to my tailor for a bit of shortening. On your fatigues, it is a quite easy to do the same. I think you should have ~8.25" of leg opening, so if you shorten, I would go your regular length and then you can wear with our without a roll, though, personally, I think they look a tad better rolled twice :)

Glad they fit in the top block. They strings also help with the added waist (Mine do).

Mike

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man. Im both short and I have short legs. My MC pants that have just about no break are hemmed with an inseam of 28.75 inches. 5 to 6 was a guess, but they were quite long when I tried em on, defo more than 3 rolls. Im sure Ill figure it out. My bigger concern is just the general cut of the legs, not slim at all, which is not usually what I aim for. It will be a fun new adventure!

orlylow

Reaction score
have an EG pineapple chambray from the previous season in large, brand new with tags. might want to sell it, anyone's interested?

hennree

Reaction score
Yoox purchase just arrived; my first ever EG piece. Some greyish blackish pants.

Not sure what the model is, I think Yoox had them listed as the usual 'Casual pants' in 'Steel Grey' so I didn't really know what to expect.

Turned out really well, however. Nice texture & the fit is cool. They're kinda half-way towards sweat pants but I think the material is enough to distinguish them apart.

It's made me want more EG.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Missed out on the remaining XL brown homespun Bedford on Garbstore and am looking to avoid paying the horrendous duty importing from the US/Canada will cost.

Anyone got any inside info. on when the Euro stores are likely to get the new season in? A lot still haven't.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yoox purchase just arrived; my first ever EG piece. Some greyish blackish pants.

Not sure what the model is, I think Yoox had them listed as the usual 'Casual pants' in 'Steel Grey' so I didn't really know what to expect.

Turned out really well, however. Nice texture & the fit is cool. They're kinda half-way towards sweat pants but I think the material is enough to distinguish them apart.

It's made me want more EG.

Nice! Any more left? Link?

:)

tjonesd2

Reaction score

Tried on the pants yesterday, definitely not to small. Little big if anything. Waist and thigh feels great, but they are a little roomier down the leg than I am accustomed to. Will have to figure out how to wear them properly.

Question, what do you guys do with the hems? These are way to long, do you guys have them shortened by a tailor or roll them? What length do you wear them at, high water or with a little slouch?

Darn, I passed on that pair because I feared they would be too cropped. I wouldn't roll them 5-6 times... definitely hem them with room for a roll or 2.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defo not cropped. You done missed out. Dont worry, I have no intent of rolling more than twice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads