• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Modernist
Guardiola is amazingly lucky to have players like Xavi and Iniesta, whose style is reminiscent alot of his own back in '94. They are perfect for transforming his vision of the game into actual football.

Would be naive to call it lucky. Iniesta and Xavi were both brought up through the Barcelona youth system as kids and have studied and learned the same philosophy that Pep played (and now coaches) under. It's the 'total football' system Johan Cruyff brought from Ajax.

Xavi was Guardiola's understudy in the late 90's and Guardiola was Iniesta's youth coach.

Guardiola+y+Xavi.jpg
andres-iniesta-joven-y-guardiola.jpg

Sure, it may be a 'lucky' that they found these kids and brought them over, but everything else is a product of the infrastructure that keeps the Barcelona machine going from year to year.

It's no coincidence that Barcelona played the derby match with 8 youth team players (Messi, Valdez, Puyol, Pique, Pedro, Busquets, Iniesta, and Xavi) vs. Real Madrid's 1? 2? (Raul, Casillas...Guti(?))

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
You should have watched Fiorentina-Inter 2-2,attacking from start to finish with great defensive set up for Fiorentina.Its a great game for the neutral,unfortunately for me i am not.Inter lost two precious points and might lose 1st place this week for the first time since god knows when.

smile.gif
wink.gif
mwink[1].gif
devil.gif
tounge.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
smile.gif
wink.gif
mwink[1].gif
devil.gif
tounge.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Congrats,u deserve it the way you came back from a horrible start.More than that we completely lost things as in the last 11 games we got 15 points only,if this was the start of the season we would probably be in relegation zone.Mou should have rested alot of players to avoid this,but he doesnt factor in fatigue at all.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congrats,u deserve it the way you came back from a horrible start.More than that we completely lost things as in the last 11 games we got 15 points only,if this was the start of the season we would probably be in relegation zone.Mou should have rested alot of players to avoid this,but he doesnt factor in fatigue at all.

I'm encouraged w/ Inter facing Juve (
plain.gif
) and their CL fixture in quick succession, but more than a little apprehensive about Lazio - cautiously optimistic that we may just be able to pull it off....
marchal.gif

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Juve will do more harm to Inter than Lazio can do for ROma.I think it will go down till the end.

I was wondering if you saw Camorenesi elbow do the dirty work this week.I cant believe he didnt get a red card for that or suspended...

On the other hand Sneijder gets suspended for clapping and Cambiasso for practically nothing in that game against Sampdoria...Double standards!!

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so I've liked soccer for years and recently got Fifa 10 Ultimate Team for Xbox live and have been wheeling and dealing players to get cash to make the team I want. Last World Cup I ditched out of work each day in two hour intervals to go watch the games. But the problem I have is that I can never find soccer on tv (besides the crappy MLS which I don't watch). Where the hell do you guys watch these games? I never see soccer games on ESPN or any of the Fox Sports channels. For years I have been
ffffuuuu.gif

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Alright so I've liked soccer for years and recently got Fifa 10 Ultimate Team for Xbox live and have been wheeling and dealing players to get cash to make the team I want. Last World Cup I ditched out of work each day in two hour intervals to go watch the games. But the problem I have is that I can never find soccer on tv (besides the crappy MLS which I don't watch). Where the hell do you guys watch these games? I never see soccer games on ESPN or any of the Fox Sports channels. For years I have been
ffffuuuu.gif

I am assuming you are in the states.Well while i was there i had the same problem.My cable provider would broadcast the EPL but i wanted SerieA and found it on Goal TV,ESPN (The latin American channel,think its called Espaniol) and on RAI due or RAI International on the weekends where they will broadcast the game of the week.

I am sure that if you go to ur local Irish Pub or little Italy(if there are any where u live) you might get to see such games and know who broadcasts them.

Worse case scenario would be to get a great internet connection and watch it streaming live.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

I watch most of mine on Fox Soccer Channel (FSC). Also, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN Classic will show some EPL games early Saturday or Sunday morning (7am). For the English club that I support (Blackburn Rovers) I just stream the match for free on my laptop.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you are in the states.Well while i was there i had the same problem.My cable provider would broadcast the EPL but i wanted SerieA and found it on Goal TV,ESPN (The latin American channel,think its called Espaniol) and on RAI due or RAI International on the weekends where they will broadcast the game of the week.

I am sure that if you go to ur local Irish Pub or little Italy(if there are any where u live) you might get to see such games and know who broadcasts them.

Worse case scenario would be to get a great internet connection and watch it streaming live.

I have directv and haven't seen Goal TV or RAI, but will check on it.

Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
I watch most of mine on Fox Soccer Channel (FSC). Also, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN Classic will show some EPL games early Saturday or Sunday morning (7am). For the English club that I support (Blackburn Rovers) I just stream the match for free on my laptop.

I don't have FSC as part of my package but will look into adding it on when I get home.

As far as live feeds online, are there any particular websites you guys use? I saw Chelsea is playing Bolton at 2:00 PST and would like to watch it as I'm working. Goal2net.com has a feed supposedly. I'll see if that works when the game starts.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Between GolTV and Fox Soccer Channel you have the EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, and La Liga. The problem with DirecTV is that you have to get them via the sports package which I think can be pricey.

You can get GolTV and Fox Sports Espanol (which shows the same games as FSC, but in spanish) via the Spanish package. I think that one's a lot cheaper.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Between GolTV and Fox Soccer Channel you have the EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, and La Liga. The problem with DirecTV is that you have to get them via the sports package which I think can be pricey.

You can get GolTV and Fox Sports Espanol (which shows the same games as FSC, but in spanish) via the Spanish package. I think that one's a lot cheaper.

Just checked directv and the sports pack with those channels is $13 a month. Of course I don't remember my login information so I'll have to dig through some crap and figure that out later.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Would be naive to call it lucky. Iniesta and Xavi were both brought up through the Barcelona youth system as kids and have studied and learned the same philosophy that Pep played (and now coaches) under. It's the 'total football' system Johan Cruyff brought from Ajax.

Xavi was Guardiola's understudy in the late 90's and Guardiola was Iniesta's youth coach.

Guardiola+y+Xavi.jpg
andres-iniesta-joven-y-guardiola.jpg

Sure, it may be a 'lucky' that they found these kids and brought them over, but everything else is a product of the infrastructure that keeps the Barcelona machine going from year to year.

It's no coincidence that Barcelona played the derby match with 8 youth team players (Messi, Valdez, Puyol, Pique, Pedro, Busquets, Iniesta, and Xavi) vs. Real Madrid's 1? 2? (Raul, Casillas...Guti(?))

+1 Thanks for making my post for me.

Great game by Xavi. Excellent tactics by Pep. Visca Barça!

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked directv and the sports pack with those channels is $13 a month. Of course I don't remember my login information so I'll have to dig through some crap and figure that out later.

ESPN2 also usually shows one EPL and one La Liga match per week. You can watch lots of (live and replay) games online for free at ESPN360.com. Spanish language networks like Telemundo broadcast Mexican league games as well.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
I'm encouraged w/ Inter facing Juve (
plain.gif
) and their CL fixture in quick succession, but more than a little apprehensive about Lazio - cautiously optimistic that we may just be able to pull it off....
marchal.gif

Forgot about Coppa d' Italia game today in Firenze!
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads