• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ You guys are ******* dominating. WTF! :\\

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
No one can stop Barca at the moment..You can only hope they have an offday.I am just glad its a good team having all this success not a team of pricks.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
No one can stop Barca at the moment..You can only hope they have an offday.I am just glad its a good team having all this success not a team of pricks.

all in all not a very nice to watch game. lot of fouls and yellow cards.

interesting Real couldn't use any of the standard situations.

messi is sick. yes, he is.

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
all in all not a very nice to watch game. lot of fouls and yellow cards.

interesting Real couldn't use any of the standard situations.

messi is sick. yes, he is.

You should have watched Fiorentina-Inter 2-2,attacking from start to finish with great defensive set up for Fiorentina.Its a great game for the neutral,unfortunately for me i am not.Inter lost two precious points and might lose 1st place this week for the first time since god knows when.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've watched Messi the last couple of games. He is awesome. His change of pace, movement and the power of his shots from almost standing still are stunning. His first goal against Arsenal at the Nou Camp was a perfect example. OMG!

The hierarchy is definitely:

Messi
Ronaldo
Rooney

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
You should have watched Fiorentina-Inter 2-2,attacking from start to finish with great defensive set up for Fiorentina.Its a great game for the neutral,unfortunately for me i am not.Inter lost two precious points and might lose 1st place this week for the first time since god knows when.

i only had access to live-stream and this was a hassle
wink.gif

let's see what the 20th will bring...

Quatsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
I've watched Messi the last couple of games. He is awesome. His change of pace, movement and the power of his shots from almost standing still are stunning. His first goal against Arsenal at the Nou Camp was a perfect example. OMG! The hierarchy is definitely: Messi Ronaldo Rooney
I just finally got around to watching the highlights of Messi's 4 goals against arsenal. Stunned. Plus, look at his face after he scores that fourth one - he almost looks like a little kid who's just having fun playing some childhood game. He doesn't appear to have ultra-ego yet, but he's only like 22 though. I hope he keeps from it.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
I've watched Messi the last couple of games. He is awesome. His change of pace, movement and the power of his shots from almost standing still are stunning. His first goal against Arsenal at the Nou Camp was a perfect example. OMG!

The hierarchy is definitely:

Messi
Ronaldo
Rooney

You've got that a bit wrong, my friend. Wayne Rooney is not the 3rd best player in the world.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Modernist
Messi is sick, but last night belongs to Xavi.

It usually does. Messi is the superstar, but Xavi is the engine that powers the Barcelona machine. He is their most important player, and without him they would not be nearly as good as they are.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
It usually does. Messi is the superstar, but Xavi is the engine that powers the Barcelona machine. He is their most important player, and without him they would not be nearly as good as they are.

Word. Xavi is the metronome of this team (see: two key assists vs. Madrid)

I'd go so far as to say he's the most underrated player in the world. Since he isn't the one making the goals, but making the pass that makes goals, he's never in the conversation as world's best.

Given this year's form, I'd most definitely put him above CR9 in the convo (Messi, Rooney, Xavi)

My personal hate for him aside, Ronaldo has been a joke this year. He can score against small Spanish teams but has done nothing in big games (See: vs Barcelona twice and CL round of 16 vs Lyon)

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Word. Xavi is the metronome of this team (see: two key assists vs. Madrid)

I'd go so far as to say he's the most underrated player in the world. Since he isn't the one making the goals, but making the pass that makes goals, he's never in the conversation as world's best.

Given this year's form, I'd most definitely put him above CR9 in the convo (Messi, Rooney, Xavi)

My personal hate for him aside, Ronaldo has been a joke this year. He can score against small Spanish teams but has done nothing in big games (See: vs Barcelona twice and CL round of 16 vs Lyon)

I wouldn't say he's been a joke as, to be fair, he's still been better than a majority of the players in the world. But I agree that he's been nowhere near as good as Messi this season, and he hasn't come close to replicating his form from last season. I wouldn't say Xavi is the most underrated player in the world, I mean, he starts every game for Barcelona. But he certainly doesn't get the plaudits that he deserves, because he really is the driving force behind that team.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xavi and Iniesta (sp.?) are both consistently amazing. Theyre at the core of the team. Barcelona have an amazing solid team and Messi is just great. If anyone has ever played soccer growing up theres always that young kid whos annoyingly faster and more athletic than everyone and you just feel so depressed playing against him, and its pretty crazy that even on the highest level Messi managed to be that guy.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14

Xavi is indeed an unsung hero. It's a different barca team without him. Congrats Barca fans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads