1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by TyCooN, Nov 8, 2009.

1. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

We need a boxing thread.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...al-mayweather/
    Is fanny pac full of shit? He's the one that EVERYONE, including people who don't know shit about the sport of boxing, wants to to see get an AZZ beating from Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather. That means there will be money, what Floyd continuously claims to be his reason for boxing, coming in from the fight. Anyways, if he feels so responsible for entertaining everyone then he should put out by fighting for less money, since Floyd is the one that's all about the money.

Floyd deserves the lion's share of the purse:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Jr.
    Now for the knockout blow:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_Match
    Floyd even beats him in numbers.

Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather:
    fanny pac isn't even on the list of the biggest sellers. Floyd already bested Tyson's sales back when Tyson had as many events as Floyd does. Keep in mind that during Tyson's reign boxing was much moar mainstream, and Tyson also happened to be the most popular human being on planet Earth.

Top it all off with the fact that Money Mayweather embarrassed fanny pac's Mexican bestfriend, Marquez, every single round, while many felt fanny pac lost to Marq

[​IMG] to the greatest fighter of our era, Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather

2. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

I still remember the greatest fight I ever saw, Chavez v. Randall I. This was in the time where Chavez was not just defeating everyone, but crushing them. From Greg Haugen to Macho Camacho, it seemed he was knocking out a guy on a monthly basis. The Mexican people loved him too, much more than they would ever love De La Hoya, because he had scars and looked like a fighter. We're not too far apart, but I still think Chavez is the greatest boxer of this era.

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

I still remember the greatest fight I ever saw, Chavez v. Randall I. This was in the time where Chavez was not just defeating everyone, but crushing them. From Greg Haugen to Macho Camacho, it seemed he was knocking out a guy on a monthly basis. The Mexican people loved him too, much more than they would ever love De La Hoya, because he had scars and looked like a fighter. We're not too far apart, but I still think Chavez is the greatest boxer of this era.
    Another reason they don't love Oscar so much is that he's not from Mexico. Very nationalistic people.[​IMG]

4. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

Another reason they don't love Oscar so much is that he's not from Mexico. Very nationalistic people.[​IMG]

He is of Mexican decent. Would you like to be Randall "Tex" Cobb to my Larry Holmes?

5. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

He is of Mexican decent. Would you like to be Randall "Tex" Cobb to my Larry Holmes?
    Being of Mexican decent isn't good enough for some of those old school guys. They actually have to be from Mexico. How do you see Nov 14th going? Is fanny pac good enough to bang with a true blue welter in his prime? Is Cotto still the same after losing to Margocheato? Will Cotto be able to stop inertia of fanny pac's hype from destroying dlh and hatton?[​IMG]

6. daft

daft Well-Known Member

Mayweather vs RA the Rugged interview. Everyone should hear this.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Part 1
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Part 2

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Mayweather vs RA the Rugged interview. Everyone should hear this.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    Part 1

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    Part 2

Mayweather isn't ever going to "win". When he beats fanny pac they'll say fanny was too small, when he beats shane mosley they'll say mosley was too old, when he beats cotto they'll say he was damaged from Margocheato, etc.

He's the Muhammad Ali of our era. Lots of people hate him since he talks a lot of shit, but when he gets in the ring it's game over.

What a lot of people don't know is that Mayweather did call out Mosley TWICE in the past, and each time Mosley would pull the dumbest excuses out of his AZZ. There was the I'm going on a vacation excuse, and then there was I have a toothache.[​IMG]

Floyd isn't alone when he isn't interested in fighting Paul Williams. Paul doesn't have the title of the most avoided fighter in the World for nothing. He took the belt from Margocheato, and he had to jump a weight class since NO ONE wanted to fight him in the welterweight division. Keep in mind that Floyd already had the Marquez fight to prepare for when Paul Williams took the belt. Why not hold every welterweight to the same standard for ducking Paul Williams?[​IMG] We have to look at things from a fighter's perspective. They only fight 2-3 times per a year, there's always a chance to get your AZZ beat, and being beat bad enough will spell the end of a career (see Ricky Hatton). It doesn't make sense to fight a high risk, low reward man like Williams. Paul William's name isn't big enough to get AZZes to fill the seats. Let's be realistic here fighters do it for the money. No one likes to get hit. We can all agree that Mayweather is the KING OF FIGHTING FOR CHECKS. Paul Williams isn't going to bring in the cash.

The radio guy said Floyd is fighting all these smaller people.
    1) It was Marquez who expressed an interest in fighting Floyd
    2) Floyd did come from a lighter weight class, and he did beat bigger fighters (Oscar, Judah, etc)
    3) The thing everyone wants to see is fanny pac getting his AZZ beat by Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather. Guess what? fanny pac IS THE SMALLER GUY

RA goes off about how fanny pac did a better job on Oscar and Hatton.
    1) fanny pac has a much moar aggressive style, so it's only natural that he'll beat them moar viciously than the boxer with a cautious style who overvalues his 0
    2) Floyd fought Oscar when he wasn't dehydrated to death, even roach admits that Oscar was too fucked up from the weight drain for the fanny pac fight. Oscar kept talking about how his body didn't respond. Shit just doesn't break down in a day, that was the effects of dehydration. Hell, even fanny pac got knocked the fuck out when he dehydrated himself to fight in a weight class that was no longer suitable for his frame. Floyd beat an Oscar at his usual weight that could actually go the twelve rounds distance.
    3) Hatton still had the fire and determination when Floyd fought him. Floyd KO'd an undefeated Hatton.

We all know what happens when a fighter receives his first KO defeat, "A prizefighter who gets knocked out or is badly outclassed suffers in a way he will never forget." - Floyd Patterson

Floyd beats shane on points
    Floyd beats cotto on points
    Floyd knocks fanny pac the fuck out
    Floyd embarrasses Paul Williams, and possibly knocks him the fuck out

Paul Williams throws 100 punches a round, but the connect percentage is low. That would be counter punching heaven for Mayweather. Quintana, who isn't even in Money's league, was able to do it in order to receive a victory over Paul Williams.

Styles make fights.

8. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Well-Known Member

Why do you take these things so personally?

9. daft

daft Well-Known Member

Mayweather is the ali of our era? How ridiculous. Floyd's fans are just as delusional as he is.

10. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Well-Known Member

I love Mayweather. Best fight I ever saw (which made me a fan at 15) was his fight against Gatti. Before anyone knew this "Mayweather" guy, I was telling people he was the most exciting fighter ever. He demolished Gatti and, I swear I've watched that bout 30 times.

11. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Mayweather is the ali of our era? How ridiculous. Floyd's fans are just as delusional as he is.
    Is he not the most SKILLED fighter of our era?[​IMG] That's what separated Ali from everyone else during the Golden Heavyweight Era, he had the highest ring IQ out of any of them. Floyd is the greatest ring general of our times, he doesn't even get hit flush.

12. Vashin

Vashin Well-Known Member

Is he not the most SKILLED fighter of our era?[​IMG] That's what separated Ali from everyone else during the Golden Heavyweight Era, he had the highest ring IQ out of any of them. Floyd is the greatest ring general of our times, he doesn't even get hit flush.

Dude I love mayweather like you but paul williams would be his toughest fight for sure. Stylistically swarmers like paul (with fricken super long arms wtf) have the advantage over counter punchers like mayweather. Ali had a lot of trouble vs fraizer.

It's too bad williams can't fight pavlik that would've been good fight to watch in order to gauge where paul williams is on the pound 4 pound list.

13. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Dude I love mayweather like you but paul williams would be his toughest fight for sure. Stylistically swarmers like paul (with fricken super long arms wtf) have the advantage over counter punchers like mayweather. Ali had a lot of trouble vs fraizer.

It's too bad williams can't fight pavlik that would've been good fight to watch in order to gauge where paul williams is on the pound 4 pound list.

I agree. Mayweather vs Williams at 154 would be my dream fight right now. I can see Williams doing real good if he utilized his height and reach advantage by fighting tall for all twelve rounds. He would bring out the best of Mayweather. I don't see the fight happening due to money.[​IMG]

14. Vashin

Vashin Well-Known Member

Yea I definitely don't see the fight happening either... I think williams can still fight at 147 (according to him anyways) so that might be the ideal weight for that fight. The interesting paradox that is paul williams is that he doesn't need to fight tall. He's got some great inboxing... check out this punch:

I agree with you that mayweather should be able to dodge/block a lot of william's punches but it will be difficult for mayweather to pull the trigger when he's so concentrated on D. When williams fought wright (the best defensive boxer of his generation), winky was completely befuddled.

I can't wait to find out who mayweather will fight next though, he's made all his past few opponents look silly so far. This weekend should also be an exciting fight, just over a year ago never would I have imagined a pacman - cotto fight (even though it is at a catchweight).

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Yea I definitely don't see the fight happening either... I think williams can still fight at 147 (according to him anyways) so that might be the ideal weight for that fight. The interesting paradox that is paul williams is that he doesn't need to fight tall. He's got some great inboxing... check out this punch:

I agree with you that mayweather should be able to dodge/block a lot of william's punches but it will be difficult for mayweather to pull the trigger when he's so concentrated on D. When williams fought wright (the best defensive boxer of his generation), winky was completely befuddled.

I can't wait to find out who mayweather will fight next though, he's made all his past few opponents look silly so far. This weekend should also be an exciting fight, just over a year ago never would I have imagined a pacman - cotto fight (even though it is at a catchweight).

154, because they'll say Floyd weight drained him if it happens at 147.

How do you see Saturday going?[​IMG]

16. Vashin

Vashin Well-Known Member

154, because they'll say Floyd weight drained him if it happens at 147.

How do you see Saturday going?[​IMG]

No clue, which is what makes it an exciting fight. It can go either way, I like both fighters but I may have to lean towards pacman due to the advantage of having roach in his corner. Cotto is bigger, stronger and also quite skilled but there are still lots of questions remaining about whether he is the same fighter after the margarito knockout. Pacquiao is smaller but faster and has been on a huge roll lately... either way the fight fans are the winners here.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Tycoons hate for Pacman runs deep. [​IMG]
    You can't talk like Money is perfect, dude is all about the money and even though he is a great fighter, maybe the best, he has ducked fighters like Cotto and Mosley as well and dude has no respect for his opponents country and culture. I know it's all mind games and maybe thats why so many people likes him but seriosuly, Pacmans traits > Moneys trait. Mayweather is just that perfect villain and he does prove it in the ring but he is nowhere from being perfect.

Now I am not saying Pacman hasn't ducked anyone, I still think he is still running from JMM but he is facing Cotto, a real fighter where really Pacman should be the underdog. I mean Pacman obliterated DLH and Hatton but after seeing Cotto more and more, this match is almost unfair for Pacman especially since Cotto is still overweight by 5 lbs I think.

18. Mauby

Mauby Well-Known Member

I still remember the greatest fight I ever saw, Chavez v. Randall I.

The best one I ever saw was Holmes vs. Cooney. It was the first live PPV fight I ever saw. Maybe that's why I remember it so well. Thumbs up on starting a boxing thread. I like watching Mayweather fight and Pacquiao brawl...quite a difference in styles.

19. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Tycoons hate for Pacman runs deep. [​IMG]
    Yes, because selling moar than him throughout both of your careers shouldn't mean that you should make moar money than him when it comes time to beat that AZZ. Never mind the fact that Money whooped greater versions of Oscar and Hatton.

he has ducked fighters like Cotto and Mosley
    What a lot of people don't know is that Mayweather did call out Mosley TWICE in the past, and each time Mosley would pull the dumbest excuses out of his AZZ. There was the I'm going on a vacation excuse, and then there was I have a toothache.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as well and dude has no respect for his opponents country and culture. I know it's all mind games and maybe thats why so many people likes him but seriosuly, Pacmans traits > Moneys trait. Mayweather is just that perfect villain and he does prove it in the ring but he is nowhere from being perfect.
    This is sports, it's about winning. Are you really looking towards athletes for examples on being respect and humble?[​IMG] Ali called Frazier a gorilla. A racist expression done by white boys to blacks for centuries. Thanks for enforcing something that white boys have been trying to do forever to put another race down, let's not forget that Ali is black himself. Guess whose remembered as one of the greatest boxers of all time? It's not Frazier.

Now I am not saying Pacman hasn't ducked anyone, I still think he is still running from JMM
    He's just doing what Mayweather does, watching out for his legacy. If he beats Cotto that's seven belts in seven different weight divisions.

but he is facing Cotto, a real fighter where really Pacman should be the underdog. I mean Pacman obliterated DLH and Hatton but after seeing Cotto more and more, this match is almost unfair for Pacman especially since Cotto is still overweight by 5 lbs I think.
    Everyone else disagrees with you, go check the odds for Cotto.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I just don't think you can be unbiased since you hate Pacman too much. You damn well that a fight between the two best (assuming Pacman wins against Cotto) is well worth a 50/50 split in income. Money probably won't get a bigger payday than goign against Pacquiao, even if Cotto wins against Pacquiao. I don't think Pacquiao is saying he sould make more money but he know he will get paid and just wants a fair share and looking at a 50/50 split.

Mosley backing out, I need to read that article with a valid source because Mosley is trying to make money right now and calling him out and Money still won't budge. Understandable as he is looking for a bigger payday in Pacman but honestly, if Cotto beats Pacman, I doubt we'll see a Cotto vs. Money in the future. I'll gladly eat my words if that were to happen because I would love to see that fight but I just don't see Money fighting Cotto in his prime.

Man, you are defending the trash talk and Mayweathers action? Come on now, I know everyone like the bad ass and but to grab someones flag and throw in the floor in their own country, which led to being chased almost getting killed is disrespectful. Insult the person, but not the family or even the country. And Ali being black makes his "Gorilla" statement less insulting and racist, even if he means it. They call each other the "N" word all the time, they do not take offense in that.

This is sports and it is about winning but respect is respect. I guess you condone Lebron not shaking the Magic hands after they eliminated teh Cavs? There really is no excuse for poor sportsmanship. Like I said, I slightly defended Money by saying it is all mind games but your hate for Pacman just runs way too deep and maybe your love for Money runs deeper but you need to look at things logically. If you were Pacman and Money grabs the Philippines flag, throws it in the ground and steps on it, you'll stand there and just say, "hey, it's just sports, it's all good." I doubt it.

Yeah, both of them has ducked opponents but so far, Pacman has been going against people that the majority admits should have destroyed him but proved them wrong. Whatever people say, its the old DLH or the soft Hatton, the odds were still against Pacman. You have to remember, Pacman was the underdog against DLH and everyone predicted Pacman would lose and from the first bell it was evident there was no way DLH would win. That looked like a sparring training for Pacman. He didn't get the overwhelming odds in his favor until he beat DLH and even then people doubted Pacman agaisnt Hatton and again beat him to retirement.

With Cotto, it's a different story. I do not give a crap what Vegas says, the odds in Pacmans side is all hype, he is good, he is fast and he is strong and I don't think Cotto has faced anyone with that combo but Cotto can take a beating and his body shot will make the difference and he is a bigger and stronger guy so to me, I see a big advantage by Cotto. This is probably Pacmans toughest fight yet, this could be like fighting JMM but with a bigger bite so I put Pacman as the underdog. Don't get me wrong, I have Pacman picked to win but it definitely won't be easy and I can tell you right now, if Cotto loses the excuses of Cotto not being the same after his defeat from Margarito will flow, the same way that if Pacman loses the excuse of Cotto being too heavy that's why he lost coming out. On a sidenote, there is a chance Cotto comes to the fight weighing 155-160 lbs so we'll have to see if that will help or not but one way or the other, it'll be an excuse in the end for the losing side.

Pacman is the biggest name in boxing right now and has taken the pound for pound crown from Money (due to retirement) and like it or not, Money has to take it back and I would love to see that happen. But seriously, you are just making Money like he is perfect when he is far from it. Same with Pacman (dude needs to stop singing, acting, etc... and focus on boxing). As a fighter, Money will probably be the best ever or be considered the best even if he loses to Pacman in the future but right now, he just isn't at the top yet, not until he beats Pacman or Cotto, simple as that.