• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual trousers with longer inseams

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
I am 190cm tall with an athletic build and usually wear more dressed-up clothing such ass odd trousers, sports coats, knitted vests et cetera. I always buy my trousers made-to-measure or bespoke due to the lack of high-waisted, fuller-cut trousers in the ready-to-wear market.

However, on the weekends, I would like to wear more casual trousers with knitwear, sports shirts, polos and the like. I really like the aesthetic of Japanese casualwear, Bryceland's, milsurp and the like, and would like to wear something similar. Think fatigues or cargos with denim shirts, high-waisted jeans with toweling polos, Rubato knitwear with 1940's army chinos etc. Having a high waist and full-cut legs/hips is essential for me.

The problem is, those kind of casual trousers don't really exist for us longer-legged men! Every Japanese brand seems to make trousers in a one-length-fits-all option that is catastrophic for my build. Orslow seems to think that 79-80cm is enough of an inseam for everybody. For Warehouse, it's usually even shorter, and ditto for Belafonte, Full Count, Brut Clothing, Soundman, Real Mccoys etc. I really need at least 84cm for the inseam length, usually more if it's a shrinking fabric as is usually the case.

So far, I've only found longer options from Casatlantic, Stan Ray and cheaper denim brands. As for Casatlantic, their Tanger cut is okay, but the others don't really fit me well – and they don't have too many styles. 34-length Stan Ray fatigues aren't really sold here in Europe, and moreover I find the material really lacking compared to, say, the Orslow fatigues. Levi's, Lee etc. do sell 34-length denim, but they never have the styling I am after (high rise of 33-35cm, full cut in the hip and length) and the fabric is usually lacking. Military surplus or vintage usually offer very short styles as well.

Does anyone have any brand suggestions for higher-end casual trousers with longer inseams and the styling described above? Preferably available in Europe.

LeviMay

Reaction score
Bill’s Khakis come in a few different fits, tons of fabrics, and are typically sold unhemmed. I’m 6’4”, and they work great for me.

mattty

Reaction score
I'd look at Tellason - I believe their inseams are all 34". These are a couple of mid-rise, fuller-leg options:
US-based, but I believe there are some stockists in Europe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads