• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevefok

Reaction score
Example of a cordovan balmoral boot GMTO, View attachment 1234800

We would then apply a 23% discount which would deduct 265.65€

The price would be the same as the ready to wear model in our collection with the difference you can select all the detailing.

View attachment 1234802

We will also be offering complimentary shoetrees for this styleforum GMTO.

Just wondering, is women shoes welcome for this GMTO? If yes, I am interested to make a Amaretto longwings for my wife.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Would greatly appreciate some fitting and last advice.

I actually ordered a pair of Carmina whole cuts on the 910 rain last before and had to return them because the last just didn't fit (lots of heel slippage and the shoe was just too tight). I've had similar problems with wholecuts from other shoe brands.

Do you think this means the Rain last isn't for me or does the wholecut rain fit differently than the other Rain shoes?

I was wondering what you recommend for a more traditional fitting yet still sleek and contemporary last. Allen Edmonds 65 last fit me well and are comfortable, and I'm looking for a last that might be similar in fit (yet better looking).

Would the Inca or Forest have a more traditional and roomy fit than the rain?

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Truth be told .... I'm tempted to get another Amaretto pair ....

Would love to have another pair like this one of mine (... maybe a bit different style) ... but in Amaretto Shell and Tobacco Suede (this is Green Shell and Loden Suede) .....

But .... damn, I already overspent on shoes this year.

Anyway, @Carmina, when is the round close? Is there a deadline? I'd see if I could conjure up some money. And can I mix leather like this one? Or it has to be purely Amaretto (which will completely rule me out this time, so I won't have to make decision :).

DSCF1373.jpg

WNovizar

Reaction score
Amaretto or Chili, which one is better guys? I can only buy one....

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol... I would be very shocked if you got shell people to say a shell color was too light. Lighter shell tends to be very sought after in the shell community...In person the color is spectacular.

View attachment 1234799

View attachment 1234801
Beautiful boots! I'm new to Carmina but would love to order these through the current GMTO. What are the specs on yours?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Blastwice

Reaction score
Would like to know the setup first

You can order any model you like, as long as it is in Amaretto shell cordovan. Alterations to existing patterns or special requests will have additional upcharge(s).

I hope we get the required group. To help enable stragglers, I'll be MTOing:

Frankenstitch Jumper Boots 80223
Amaretto Shell Cordovan
Red Kid Leather Lining
Detroit Last, Dainite, Double Sole w/ Stormwelt (Natural Edge)
Gold Eyelets + (Carmina Choice Hooks)

member2000r

Reaction score
You can order any model you like, as long as it is in Amaretto shell cordovan. Alterations to existing patterns or special requests will have additional upcharge(s).

I hope we get the required group. To help enable stragglers, I'll be MTOing:

Frankenstitch Jumper Boots 80223
Amaretto Shell Cordovan
Red Kid Leather Lining
Detroit Last, Dainite, Double Sole w/ Stormwelt (Natural Edge)
Gold Eyelets + (Carmina Choice Hooks)
@Carmina

Is a pair of shell jodhur boots with wholecut shaft achievable? I saw some example with patch and sewn

stevefok

Reaction score
@Carmina

Is a pair of shell jodhur boots with wholecut shaft achievable? I saw some example with patch and sewn

I doubt that, I wanted to customise a Chelsea boots in shell cordovan as well but they said they cannot do it. If they can make a exception this time, I will def make a amaretto chelsea boots.

Perhaps there are some technical difficulties during the process? May be @Carmina could enlighten us.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful boots! I'm new to Carmina but would love to order these through the current GMTO. What are the specs on yours?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, they are pretty straight forward really, nothing special in terms of makeup. It’s Carmina’s attention to detail that makes them special.

NORWEGIAN BOOTS style# 80488
Skin and color Armagnac Cordovan
Lining Violet Kid
Last and sole Forest & Rendenbach sole
Double sole & Chestnut edge
Eyelets Vintage brass
Hooks Vintage gold hooks
Metal Toe Cap

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads