• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^You may not be able to tell from the pic I posted, but there is a difference.

Congratulations by the way. You and I share similar tastes in shoes.
fing02[1].gif

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are awesome. Turned out a real nice shade. Some saddle looked freakishly light and orange. I kind of regret passing on these now. Oh well, hope one day there' s a cognac shell GMTO for it.

Last edited:

cobashk

Reaction score
If your foot or toes are wide at all, I would avoid it. I'm 8E US brannock and basically need an 8 UK simpson.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I will try and get some pictures of what women's Carmina models we have up soon.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or is Carmina's dark brown suede much darker than other brands?

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Oscar compare to Soller? Which one is "bulkier/wider"?

Also, please check my signature, you might like some boots I'm selling.

Macs

Reaction score
Dear gentlemen, just a reminder that this GMTO is ongoing.
Having reached 7 orders we are thinking about closing it early. Final deadline is March 11th (6:00 pm, Swedish time).
If there is someone else interested, he is more than welcome to jump onboard.
All the best.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does Oscar compare to Soller? Which one is "bulkier/wider"?

Also, please check my signature, you might like some boots I'm selling.

Soller is visually pointier and a bit longer than Oscar; I think it's slightly wider with a tapered toe box.

Personally, I'd take a 7UK in a Soller boot, even 6.5 UK in a shoe...but the Oscar fits me perfectly at 7.5 UK. I also wear Rain in 7.5 UK but the 7 UK is a snug (not impossible) fit.

Meatyowllegs

Reaction score
Hey people! Long time lurker here.

May I ask the more experienced buyers as regards the reasonable lapse of time before you send a follow-up email to carmina? The reason is that I have a few (short & simple) correspondences with them last week and they do happen to have my desired model in the relevant size. I am 99% sure of going ahead with the purchase and just wanted to clarify one or two simple questions but haven't heard from them (last correspondence being on Friday). Do they usually not reply on Mondays? I do not want to come across as an unreasonable customer and do understand that different cultures harbor different perceptions as to what is a reasonable standard of customer service, and thus would like to seek advice here. Thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads