• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most recent purchase. Forest last captoe balmorals in black shell. I was without a good pair of black shoes and I wanted to try UK 10.5 in Forest, so I figured what the hey. While the length works in these, they are definitely a little tighter than the UK 11s I have, especially in the arch and instep. I would be interested to try a UK 10.5 wide, if such existed in the Forest. It's my impression that it does not, outside of MTO.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Most recent purchase. Forest last captoe balmorals in black shell.
I was without a good pair of black shoes and I wanted to try UK 10.5 in Forest, so I figured what the hey. While the length works in these, they are definitely a little tighter than the UK 11s I have, especially in the arch and instep. I would be interested to try a UK 10.5 wide, if such existed in the Forest. It's my impression that it does not, outside of MTO.

hope it works out for you. they are wonderful.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most recent purchase. Forest last captoe balmorals in black shell. I was without a good pair of black shoes and I wanted to try UK 10.5 in Forest, so I figured what the hey. While the length works in these, they are definitely a little tighter than the UK 11s I have, especially in the arch and instep. I would be interested to try a UK 10.5 wide, if such existed in the Forest. It's my impression that it does not, outside of MTO

Beautiful!

Carmina does an especially nice job on their shell shoes. It appears that they make them to a slightly higher standard than their calf skin shoes. (At least based on my limited purchases from them.)

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look absolutely beautiful, FC! Could you post some pictures after some wearing?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Im getting anxious and Betty has yet to respond. ****. Meermin responded within 2 hours but they don't have rtw shell boots

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Namor, told ya she has a 24 - 48 hour turn around time, good luck anyways

Or more. My advice is to send her a 'tickler' email if you don't hear from her in 3-4 days.

The more specifically you can address your needs (ie: An exact model number from the main website is your gest bet.)

MTOs or general questions will take a while, IME.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thankfully shipping to the US only takes a few days once the order has actually been placed!

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if an email in Spanish would garner a quicker response. I considered responding to her in Spanish but I was worried she would think it was condescending
shog[1].gif

bullswin

Reaction score
Namor, told ya she has a 24 - 48 hour turn around time, good luck anyways

Or more. My advice is to send her a 'tickler' email if you don't hear from her in 3-4 days.

The more specifically you can address your needs (ie: An exact model number from the main website is your gest bet.)

MTOs or general questions will take a while, IME.

+1

Even when I was in the final stages of placing my MTO order, some email responses took 3 or 4 days. But in the end, every email received a response.

bullswin

Reaction score

Most recent purchase. Forest last captoe balmorals in black shell. I was without a good pair of black shoes and I wanted to try UK 10.5 in Forest, so I figured what the hey. While the length works in these, they are definitely a little tighter than the UK 11s I have, especially in the arch and instep. I would be interested to try a UK 10.5 wide, if such existed in the Forest. It's my impression that it does not, outside of MTO.

I have this same pair, but in calf. I find the instep/lacing area to be very snug and tight -- almost like my foot is being squeezed -- but in a good and comfortable way. My instep is fairly low and my foot is somewhat low volume in that area, so it seems to work for me.

I hope they work out for you!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments, gents. I'll definitely post more photos once I've got them broken in and worn them around a little. Hopefully soon.

And in re. your question about my tts, Namor, yes it is 11 on the Brannock. And right at the wide end of D, so I think the Forest UK 10.5 works well for me in the length, but may be a little narrow. UK 11 gets me the width I need at expense of a little unnecessary length. Such are the vagaries of trying to find your size by mail.

huskyzealot

Reaction score
Those cap toes look great!

Which CJ/EG/Vass/Alden/AE last is most similar to the Forest last in appearance? Some pictures make the Forest last look a bit blobby, others (like yours) make it seem slightly elongated...and all the comparison pics I see are minimally helpful and just shoe it next to some other Carmina last I'm not familiar with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads