• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been drinking these the past two weeks and put some tubes of them in the freezer.

The Sumatra has been delicious. A really interesting earthy complex kind of weird cup. Not usually the flavor profiles i like but still good. The blend is fine. Not bad just not as good as the Sumatra.

Attachments

• 20240211_114702.jpg
    20240211_114702.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 75

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of these days I'll get off my duff and offer up some home roasted coffee on this thread. This past holiday I pulled out all the stops and roasted Geishas, JBM Peaberry, a Panama Elida estate, and a few others.
I roast at home too but can barely keep up with my own family’s consumption. 95% of what I’m roasting is wet processed Ethiopians and Kenyans. I’m using a Behmor, what do you use?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Were you using anything else before? I kind of want to try one of the small roasters that does a few hundred grams to see if i enjoy roasting at home.

Dc trip report!

Went to compass coffee. It is very pretty but not good. Would not recommend. I enjoyed it when i was there 2018ish. Picked up some nespresso pods because ultimately they kind of all taste the same
20240216_091110.jpg

20240216_091121.jpg

stopped at la colombe which had pretty glasses. Was very upset because it was next door to seylou bakery. We stopped at seylou the day before and picked up some wonder sourdough loaves made with einkorn and a great pastry. But i didnt see the cafe so i didnt know to stop there! They served small planes which sadly i didnt get to try in dc this trip. Anyway long way of saying id go to seylou over LC but i had to throw out my cup of compass so i was desperate.
20240216_101846.jpg

swings is so so pretty i cant not stop there. Plus it is next door to the white house. Whats the point of going to dc if you dont go to the white house? (Granted i always have a standing invite so ymmv irregardlessly)
20240216_150846.jpg
20240216_150914.jpg

id wanted to try dua fkr years. We walked past it serendipitously and knew we had a late night ahead so i had an espresso. Regret not buying the mug. Very good espresso.
20240216_162247.jpg
20240216_162506.jpg

requesicst in pace, Father Karras.
20240217_144805.jpg

came home with these. The swings hits you with the lemon right off the bat. The dua is earthy but very floral too. If i didn't know better idve thought it wS a blend.
20240219_084320.jpg

Not pictured: stopped at a tatte by our hotel. They serve stumptown so it was fine. The spinach labneh pita was delicious. The fruit tart was dry and too thick.

Went to zekes downtown. No roast date on bags so i didnt buy any which was a shame. Good prices. Definitely not as lightly roasted as they think. There was a definite old school high quality roaster flavor profile. A bit toasty but the floral note came through. I think it was a kenyan drip that i had.

Blue Bottle. I gotta say. Ive had blue bottle all over the world. It is always good. It isnt my favorite nor do i think its the best but ill never be disappointed with it. It really is impressive their QC and consistency.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Were you using anything else before? I kind of want to try one of the small roasters that does a few hundred grams to see if i enjoy roasting at home.

Dc trip report!

Went to compass coffee. It is very pretty but not good. Would not recommend. I enjoyed it when i was there 2018ish. Picked up some nespresso pods because ultimately they kind of all taste the same
View attachment 2134753

View attachment 2134755

stopped at la colombe which had pretty glasses. Was very upset because it was next door to seylou bakery. We stopped at seylou the day before and picked up some wonder sourdough loaves made with einkorn and a great pastry. But i didnt see the cafe so i didnt know to stop there! They served small planes which sadly i didnt get to try in dc this trip. Anyway long way of saying id go to seylou over LC but i had to throw out my cup of compass so i was desperate.
View attachment 2134757

swings is so so pretty i cant not stop there. Plus it is next door to the white house. Whats the point of going to dc if you dont go to the white house? (Granted i always have a standing invite so ymmv irregardlessly)
View attachment 2134759 View attachment 2134761

id wanted to try dua fkr years. We walked past it serendipitously and knew we had a late night ahead so i had an espresso. Regret not buying the mug. Very good espresso.
View attachment 2134763 View attachment 2134765

View attachment 2134767

came home with these. The swings hits you with the lemon right off the bat. The dua is earthy but very floral too. If i didn't know better idve thought it wS a blend.
View attachment 2134769
Not pictured: stopped at a tatte by our hotel. They serve stumptown so it was fine. The spinach labneh pita was delicious. The fruit tart was dry and too thick.

Went to zekes downtown. No roast date on bags so i didnt buy any which was a shame. Good prices. Definitely not as lightly roasted as they think. There was a definite old school high quality roaster flavor profile. A bit toasty but the floral note came through. I think it was a kenyan drip that i had.

Blue Bottle. I gotta say. Ive had blue bottle all over the world. It is always good. It isnt my favorite nor do i think its the best but ill never be disappointed with it. It really is impressive their QC and consistency.

Reading all this made me think i was on home-barista, especially the part about zeke’s.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dc trip report!

View attachment 2134753

View attachment 2134755

View attachment 2134757

View attachment 2134759 View attachment 2134761

View attachment 2134763 View attachment 2134765

View attachment 2134767

View attachment 2134769

You can use a popcorn popper to mess around with roasting. I actually feel like I had better luck with those than the Behmor.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
You can use a popcorn popper to mess around with roasting. I actually feel like I had better luck with those than the Behmor.

The best coffee i ever had was a yirgacheffe i roasted in a cast iron skillet & run through a la pavoni. I hit all of Sweet Maria’s tasting notes (apricots & peanuts) and then some, and with a pleasing mellow sweetness to boot. All without the sourness of typical 3rd Wave coffee. I have never duplicated it myself, nor have i had any coffee quite as pleasing. Fortunately it was a big batch, which is one of the advantages of skillet roasting — if you hit everything right.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Received this Timemore 078 grinder about a week ago, ordered from a Kickstarter project. Delivery was around 8 months. Think they received more orders than expected and they had to wait for FDA approval and miscellaneous red tape issues.
This replaces a Breville Smart grinder pro. Wanted a flat burr grinder for pour overs.
It’s a great grinder! Coffee is much improved. Super quiet. At first I couldn’t hear the motor to be sure the motor was on.
0 retention. Has a unique knocker to clear out residual grinds and it works. It’s a bit messier than the old grinder but can live with that. Most criticisms have been about the hopper but have adopted to how it functions and not a big deal.
if you’ve been curious about this grinder, I recommend it.
1708910978625.jpeg

Last edited:

johndrobison

Reaction score
I was a Kickstarter backer of the 078, myself, and have been using it for about 2 weeks now. It replaced my Fellow Ode V2 and I'm happy with the change. I do love that it catches a lot of fines - and what it catches truly are the fines and some chaff - and how easily they clear out with the nifty knocker. The grind quality is very nice and consistent and I'm getting more clarity in the cup than I was with the Ode.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zeke's has some of the best beans in the DC area, imo.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I needed more beans. Couldn't remember if I had ordered from S&W before. Having now received the beans, I have a sense of de ja vu.

Irregardlessly. 300-gram bags for about 12 each and a sample for a penny is pretty good value.
The Congo one they say to let rest for a while and really extract it. I did neither. I wanted to get a baseline cup and this morning made a cup using the 6:4 pourover method. This was very vegetally. Highly recommend following the roaster's instructions.

Had the Guatemala and Rwanda and they were both excellent. The Rwanda was very African, lots of that berry and floral element. The Guatemala had some lemongrass, vaguely southeast asian flavor profile going. Both were incredibly aromatic with great texture.
20240306_065102.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue Bottle coffee in a Buc-ee’s mug? Sure, why not…

IMG_5553.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads