• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ncdobson

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous - but that scratch!
uhoh.gif

I don't think it's a scratch, just a line in the factory finish polish that's highlighted by the direct sun. I'll brush it & post a pic later along w/ my new navy bridle leather belt from Equus.

These are from the eboutique: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3857025. After seeing Namor's MTO boots I really wanted something in navy shell. I never got any response to emails about MTO possibilities, so these were a good fallback.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a scratch, just a line in the factory finish polish that's highlighted by the direct sun. I'll brush it & post a pic later along w/ my new navy bridle leather belt from Equus.
It looks like it's just on the surface to me as well. You should be able to buff it out with just a brush or a cloth. If that doesn't work, then a very slightly damp cloth. And if that still doesn't work, then some Renovateur. And if that doesn't work (but it looks so superficial that I'm sure it will), you can use a spoon or a bone.

ncdobson

Reaction score
Here're 2 pix of the navy newbies, 1 to show that what looked like a scratch was just a surface polish phenomenon & the other to show the navy belt from Equus that I also just received. The belt doesn't really match the color of the shoes, but I bet nobody will notice.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i doubt anyone will notice especially since the boots look darker indoors

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here're 2 pix of the navy newbies, 1 to show that what looked like a scratch was just a surface polish phenomenon & the other to show the navy belt from Equus that I also just received. The belt doesn't really match the color of the shoes, but I bet nobody will notice. 

[FLOAT=LEFT] [/FLOAT]

how much was the belt? and how long did it take to ship?

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i doubt anyone will notice especially since the boots look darker indoors
Plus it really doesn't need to be a perfect match...in fact I prefer a little tonal separation between belt and shoes, otherwise it looks... well, too matchy
tounge.gif

diglett

Reaction score
New pair of wingtips on the Rain last.

Question for you guys--there are (chalk? ink?) marks on the shoes as shown below. I'm a little concerned about trying to remove them since they're so close to the suede. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Gorgeous. MTO, or are they this pair: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640211

The last seems a lot more square-like in the factory photos than it does on yours; I might be interested in the Rain, after all. Now, for those Rain lasted wholecuts on Carmina's site...

ncdobson

Reaction score

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the Sinclair wingtip boot in saddle shell and the RL Marlow wingtip by Crockett and Jones in a darker brown shell. I find the darker brown a more versatile colour although the saddle shell is beautiful - I'm actually wearing my Sinclair boots now.

I would love to get the Sinclair in cognac shell though.

radrodant

Reaction score
Updates on the deia last. It's a very narrow last. I should have sized up .5 from my 'normal' uk size of 6.
I can't even fit xs shoe trees in these things.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads