• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SushiOfTheGods

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Im not doubting or disagreeing with you at all. I work in service where I sell merchandise as well. Some customers will waste your time and have a history of it and thats when I know that I will still offer service but maybe not to the same degree as one who I know has bought before.

Like I said I have experienced good bad and ugly from the stores you listed above and have vented it out but now you know where to purchase from or atleast try and hopefully have some success.

Best of luck trying to get what you need sir. We on the forum are also happy to help with our personal experiences. Dont feel like you need to run away.

Thank you sir, and I agree, now I know where to buy from at the very least!

Very nice model

Thank you, I've always wanted a captoe and I was sure I wanted one for my first pair in brown! Hopefully they'll develop a nice patina.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Xim last? I picked up a pair on deal yesterday but have no idea if the size will work for me. I am 7.5 Rain and went 7 on the Xim

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today - first outing for the saddle derbies

standard.jpg

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought two suede loafers from carmina direct for the spring and summer. Odd that I can no longer access the site to check my order after I placed it and there is no forgotten password link. What's up with that :confused:? Hope my order gets shipped to me okay. Anyway, looking forward to getting my first carminas.

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought two suede loafers from carmina direct for the spring and summer. Odd that I can no longer access the site to check my order after I placed it and there is no forgotten password link. What's up with that
confused.gif
? Hope my order gets shipped to me okay. Anyway, looking forward to getting my first carminas.

Congrats on your purchases! Did you get a confirmation email? Was your credit card charged? When I order direct from Carmina both of those happen almost immediately.

agedashidofu

Reaction score
Today - first outing for the saddle derbies

standard.jpg

Fantastic colors!!!
Saddle has got to be one of my favorite Shell Cordovan colors (after Ravello - which is pretty much impossible to get these days.)
One of these days, you have to line up all your shoes collection & take a group shot!!!

Cheers.

stgrim

Reaction score
Gents,

I wear US 9D in the 341-last Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 shoes, an 8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last and 9D in the AE 1-last and EU42 on the Edetal Last.
Do you think a UK8 in the Rain last would fit me well?

Thank you.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hope you gents had a great Easter Sunday :)

X-post from our thread about our current MTOs / Pre Orders!

MTO #1. 973 Perforated Cap Toe Boots in Dark Brown Calf - Rain Last
(Picture shown in cognac shell, the new MTO will feature dark brown calf)

Pre Order #1. 954 Swan Neck Cap Toe in Burgundy Calf - Rain Last

Pre Order #2. Style 80189 Split Toe in Dark Burgundy Calf - Simpson Last

Pre Order #3. 907 Two Eyelet Derby in black calf - Rain Last
Pre Order #4. 732 Cap Toe in black calf - Rain Last

Last but not least I've been getting few interest emails/inquiries about these these two MTOs. Let me know if you are interested ;)

Interest Check #1. String TIe Loafer in Navy Suede - Uetam Last
Interest Check #2. Double Monk in Loden Suede - Rain Last

Please send me a PM for more info & details!
Thank you gents as always & Cheers!
Steve

Epicurus

Reaction score
Gents,

I wear US 9D in the 341-last Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 shoes, an 8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last and 9D in the AE 1-last and EU42 on the Edetal Last.
Do you think a UK8 in the Rain last would fit me well?

Thank you.
I wear an 8.5E in the 5-65 last as well, and when trying on the Rain last a size UK7.5 was the best fit for me.

I hope that helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads