• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
900x900px-LL-5a073caf_tumblr_n1n285dk8v1rhsa86o3_1280.jpeg

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I rarely see anything too exciting downtown, but to be fair I work just outside of the financial district and rarely venture that way.

I'm contemplating going into Leatherfoot to get my first pair of Carmina's - those penny loafers they have on sale have caught my eye.

Like Roger, I have no idea where the guys who buy all the outstanding Leatherfoot MTO's run around. The shoe scene here is pretty bland. I have been fairly loyal to Alden but having examined Carmina in person at LF I think a Navy Boot or Ruby wing tip might be in my future.

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! How does the uetam last fit btw? I've only worn Simpson and Rain, and wonder if I have to size down 0.5 for the Uetam loafers or just order the same size

I find it to be very tight (compared to Rain, Forest and Soller) and perhaps a little longer than other lasts of the same size.

andrel42

Reaction score
Having recently acquired a beautiful pair of Carmina loafers on the Uetam last, I can confirm that it is very tight on the instep (at least for me) whereas I am very conformable in the other lasts you mention (Rain, Forest, Simpson) . Not sure that sizing down would be a good option!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the theory that spring will eventually arrive, I've started to look over a few seasonal items that have been put away for the winter. I gave these a quick buff in the hope that I might actually get to wear them in a few weeks time. A bit funky for some but I get a lot of wear out of them as a fun / casual boot mixed with my spring / summer wardrobe. Cognac shell and tan grain calf.

orig.jpg

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having recently acquired a beautiful pair of Carmina loafers on the Uetam last, I can confirm that it is very tight on the instep (at least for me) whereas I am very conformable in the other lasts you mention (Rain, Forest, Simpson) . Not sure that sizing down would be a good option!

I have a bit of a high instep. Do you size down on Rain from Forest?

wqvong

Reaction score
If i wear size 9.5D or E in barrie last what size do you recommend I get for soller last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads