• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any way you'd consider a hatch grain? I'm not sure that I like Shell yet. I have my first pair coming in a few months. So if it's shell, I'm out for now. But you need to post pics if the MTO goes through.
I am interested in doing dark brown hatch and simpson last. Would Carmina do the 2 eyelet ptb on simpson?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we should wait and see what Steve is going to do. He's got you and me asking for one thing on one last, a few asking for another on another last with other leather, etc. Let's see what Steve tallies up. Too bad there's no poll option.

Swede66

Reaction score

Wow. 11 for an MTO. Is that a record for an MTO not posted on a vendors site? If not, I'm sure it's a Carmina specific record.

What was it? If it was a boot, split toe or derby (other than the one posted above) that may be why I don't remember. 

There was exactly the same boot as a MTO last Autumn. 16 participants then, so 27 total on this jumper boot.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. 11 for an MTO. Is that a record for an MTO not posted on a vendors site? If not, I'm sure it's a Carmina specific record.

What was it? If it was a boot, split toe or derby (other than the one posted above) that may be why I don't remember.

The original back in October was this one:

The recent MTO will be almost exactly the same but in a dark brown shell like this:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only Carmina footwear:
9269544014_81d3311580.jpg
However, still thinking about loafers... anyone have pics of shoes in natural calf color in real life?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

speaking of black captoe, yanko, the other white meat (so to speak) has a black captoe for only $275 http://www.styleforum.net/t/354577/yanko-made-in-spain-shoes/0_50#post_6463387
Interesting, I just checked out that Yanko thread. Maybe if these Simpson captoes don't work for me I will give those a try.
I just kopped the lucky last pair of these, in size 10 (normally I'm a 9.5 so there's a chance this will not work out for me).
US$455 plus shipping. Exquisite shoes. Here's hoping they're not way too large.
That price is absolutely insane for brand new cordovan shoes. I hope they work out for you!

Junior

Reaction score
Got a package from Betty this week
bounce2.gif

The fit was great
smile.gif

However, they are going back to Spain since I had ordered boots with rubber sole
ffffuuuu.gif

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That price is absolutely insane for brand new cordovan shoes. I hope they work out for you!

Yep, here's hoping. Should get them in the mail next week.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score

How would people feel about a green shell wingtip boot? (Added 2 pics to try and capture the true color)
Didn't Epaulet just run something like this a few weeks ago?

aldenwear

Reaction score
yes, Epaulet did offer that and it did go into production; it is in production as we speak.

Obviously this is purely a matter of taste, but personally, I prefer the lower shaft of the wingtip boot posted by JL.
It was a jumper boot with brass eyelets, though not sure if it went into production or not.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score

It was a jumper boot with brass eyelets, though not sure if it went into production or not.
Ah, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks. The boots do look pretty damn nice. I just don't think I could get enough use out of them. This coming from a guy with navy shell captoes and ruby shell perf captoes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads