• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Carmina compare, in terms of leather quality and workmanship, to C&J benchgrade and C&J handgrade?

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going with in between the two in terms of craftsmanship and leather. Combine that with lower prices and better (to me!) lasting and Carmina is a winner.

Last edited:

kayjaybee

Reaction score
I'm going with in between the two in terms of craftsmanship and leather. Combine that with lower prices and better (to me!) lasting and Carmina is a winner.

This...value is fantastic, IMO. I'm hooked.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina is definitely a solid bet for the value. Not sure it beats out Vass for the top spot though. Alfred Sargent Exclusive is up there too.

kayjaybee

Reaction score
Carmina is definitely a solid bet for the value. Not sure it beats out Vass for the top spot though. Alfred Sargent Exclusive is up there too.

If Vass were more widely available I would definitely check out some of their models on the U and F lasts...just by looking at some pics the construction seems more robust than Carmina.

Last edited:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree

Carmina is definitely a solid bet for the value.  Not sure it beats out Vass for the top spot though.  Alfred Sargent Exclusive is up there too. 

Agree that Carmina is a solid value, I don't think AS Exclusive is in the same league as Carmina, much less Vass.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, the best prices and selection are still across the pond. I can't find any of the shoes I want in the US.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/ or carmina webstore

skoak is with USPS shipping so no duties
I love the customer service, too. And you can hop on our MTO groupbuy that's being set in stone over the next few hours if you want to buy from them and are craving a Burgundy Adelaide.

Skoaktiebolaget worked with me on returns, MTOs and standard orders with a total of four pairs so far. Patrik is VERY helpful. I ignored his sizing thread and it killed me financially and he was able to assist in making sure it doesn't happen again, as well as lessening the blow.
Unipair has free shipping. I haven't purchased from them but they are fantastic to talk to.
Epaulet, we all know is great. Prices a little higher but lower shipping.
Gentlemens Footwear is newer and had great customer service. I want to support them soon as they are local to the USA and are a newer company (contact info below). Smaller options so far but they open officially in May.

Young Yoo
714-865-5754
http://gentlemensfootwear.tumblr.com

Ultimately, no best price. They're all pretty close and the customer service is great at all of them. I guess you can look at it as.. they are all equally low in price and equally high in customer service :-D

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads