• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can You Recommend A Cologne For The "Sophisticated" Man

LeadSmall3BetAllIN

Reaction score
Many standards of sophistication. I find many of the recommendations in the "top 5" and "scent of the day" threads very noteworthy.

For a bridge between the sort you mentioned, try Bvlgari's parfum. The women's one, not por homme.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amar
BUMP!
Not sure how much CdG 2 Eau de Toilette to spray on. It seems to wear off really quickly on me, which is weird since several reviews consider it long lasting.

I´ve been using three sprays or so around the neck area. Not enough?

Don't spray it so close to your nose, you might be getting olfactory fatigue. Try it one day only on your wrists and see if the scent lingers.

L_Driver

Reaction score
Aqua Di Gio is a great one
1255100346_acqua-di-gio_1.jpg

But am a big fan of CUBA, plus it looks like a cigar:
cuba-blue.jpg

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acque di Gio was kind of fun back in 95 but not so much anymore. Plus the op specifically said he was looking for the oposite. My recommendations/current favorites: Every Day: Creed Aventus (or) Dior Homme (or) Tom Ford Grey Vetiver Winter: Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (or) Amouage Memoir Man Formal: Tom Ford Moss Breches (or) Richard James Seville Row (or) Channel por Monsieur <edit> it looks like this post is 3 years old so hopefully op found what he was looking for
smile.gif

mojper

Reaction score
What would you suggest right now? What about Hanae Mori (check here)? All you suggest here is from 2010, I am sure that we now have some better products... And sorry mods that I bump this old thread, but I must do that after I find it :D

Last edited:

MikeStyle49

Reaction score
I recommend Armani Code, also Armani Aqua di Gio

I find the Polo series to be all sophisticated. I wear Polo Black often. It has a complex smell and is also safe to wear. I do get compliments on it

for a nice clean and fresh scent I recommend Prada Luna Rossa.

Timmy Johnson

Reaction score
Take advantage of sample bottles. This allows you to try a scent without making a huge investment (usually you can get them free) and then you’ll be able to test them properly one by one. If you want to know more about them or if you need more recommendations, try checking at http://www.mensgroominglab.com/best-perfume-for-men/
I personally recommend Bvlgari Aqua. Hope this would help you. Good luck on choosing.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great resurrection!
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
WTF, you revived a 3 year old thread asking for personal rec's to say that? Sheet, I got about halfway through and then realized. Uh! jeez, learn how to internet people PS - my rec would have been to try some guerlain's
Does Guerlain make Drakkar Dynamik? If so, then I agree with your recommendation. If I had found this thread, I would have revived it just to make that recommendation. That's how good Guerlain Drakkar Dynamik is.
Do y'all have any recommendations for an alternative for Guerlain Drakkar Dynamik since the European Union has banned the used of apple bear claws?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads