• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-banger

Reaction score
good news got trousers back from tailor - he tapered and cuffed my trousers to 1.5inch. Wow cuffed trousers have blown my mind, i dont know how i lived without this simple alteration.

btw messina special this week (salted caramel gelato with gianduia fudge, fresh meringue and amaretti biscuit)

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great - I've got a newfound addiction to salted caramel!

Jacket: Polo
Tie: High Tied
Pink Shirt: Ken Barrell
PS: Kent Wang
Trousers: Epaulet
Shoes: Vintage Florsheim Imperial Longwings a.k.a. v-cleat gunboats!
Laces: The Knottery

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herringbone still have a black loafer C&J in size UK9.... for $300. Should i get it? or is brown much better. they are sold out of brown :(

cciss

Reaction score
You either look fit or tailor well. Let's just say that it's lucky I found styleforum around the same time I found messina.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Mr Gerry Nelson and Journeyman,

Kicking goals all around the park, awesome get ups....

Sly when are you posting pics of your Elite number, otherwise 'it didn't happen'...

Happy Friday, a double shot to all!

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wearing jeans and sneakers today. Probably won't post a WIWT shot.

Salted caramel is so good. Love it. Gerry, you look splendid as always.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You either look fit or tailor well. Let's just say that it's lucky I found styleforum around the same time I found messina.

#Reasonstodresswell

How would one measure the correct height a cuff length pair of pants should be when wearing chelseas?

Also, if you could only own one black tie rig would it be in black or midnight blue?

The only black tie I own is a kilt and the standard jacket with that is black, I am not sure midnight blue would work, though if I ever get a Dinner Jacket it would be midnight blue.

Oli - here is how the chap from QualityXSprezzy wear his trousers for chelsea boots. I think he looks quite stylish (for his content, age and personality), though others may disagree.

Not really sure as high as that is suitable for your needs (unless it is only for weekend wear). I prefer my trousers a little shorter when wearing boots, but agree with PoP about not getting them altered to fit only one pair of shoes (if they are casual enough, ie jeans, cottons trousers you can just roll/cuff them when wearing boots).

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

MTO Carmina calf is on par with Vass shipped with lasted trees, so I'd honestly just go that route. Skab have a reasonable amount on Danite though, for RTW options, iirc.

romp - I have two pair of shoes/chukkas with Dainiate.
I must say I'm not a huge fan although its not a disaster.
It feels heavier and harder, less giving, than leather (+Topy {wink}) and on some surfaces its a bit treacherous. I'm not sure what makes it so - perhaps they aren't worn down enough and it seems to be worse on timber decking with a wet surface. I observe from seeing what our northern hemisphere brothers post that they are GOOD IN THE SNOW.

I suspect they are overkill for our conditions. Others have commented on this before.

Thanks for the advice guys

good news got trousers back from tailor - he tapered and cuffed my trousers to 1.5inch. Wow cuffed trousers have blown my mind, i dont know how i lived without this simple alteration.

btw messina special this week (salted caramel gelato with gianduia fudge, fresh meringue and amaretti biscuit)

Amaretto is one of my favourite things EVER

Ps cuffs are great. I feel like my pants are unfinished without them

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
My Homage to The Brownman

In these parts to use this accessory in public, may result in no less than a stomping...

Respect

streetminimal

Reaction score
DB I want to stomp you.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Essentially, to get away with the coin purse, DB, you need to be able to play the minority card. If them stomping you can constitute a hate crime, you're pretty much sweet. Otherwise...

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Essentially, to get away with the coin purse, DB, you need to be able to play the minority card. If them stomping you can constitute a hate crime, you're pretty much sweet. Otherwise...

DB I want to stomp you.

TBM - Being of Southern European descent the minority card could work in my favour!

SM - Ok, you can kick me in the ribs, just once though! It will be Fight Club style, ritualistic - with the Dust Brothers providing the wall of sound..... As long as the dimple in my tie is ample lm all good....

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TBM I never saw the coin purse when we had coffee in Canberra and as such I don't believe it exists I think you should post a picture as proof of its existence.

Marbles

Reaction score
TBM I never saw the coin purse when we had coffee in Canberra and as such I don't believe it exists I think you should post a picture as proof of its existence.

GF I can vouch for it's existance - I may even recall commenting on the vaunted if not troublesome coin purse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads