• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As I've said before, I think it's better if others than me do that.
so...someone else is making your shoes. How does this not make you a middleman? I am fine with your products/pricing/whatever. But it sure sounds like you are contracting out products to different producers, and that you are not the producer yourself.
Hello,

I want to explain that all of our teams are in house. Operations, marketing, social media, design and production, merchandising, finance, etc. you name it. We built and maintain our own website on custom technology that we own (so e-commerce is here too). We send a lot of messages back and forth as we’re all working on difference tasks - as is normal within most companies - and we download material into folders for the others to see and reference as needed.

We’re open to outside collaborations and have had outside partnerships, but it’s all handled through our label and subject to our final sign off in-house.

We do not own any of the facilities that make our product; we are not vertically integrated. Manufacturing is rarely handled in house at most companies, and even when a few categories might be vertically integrated within a company there are generally outlying categories that are still out-sourced.

Most of our items are designed, specced, and commissioned from scratch. There are a few items within our collection that are curated pieces and white labelled (for Archibald London), and there are a few that are co-branded with the manufacturer such as our copper pans.

As for not being a middleman, we are the only source where you can buy Archibald London product. Many brands sell their product through an intermediary (I.e. a retailer), and that third party is therefore a middleman. It’s just a choice that we made and there are others who do the same. We sell our product, that we’ve created, directly to the consumer.

I hope that helps :)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just love it if my shoelace journey would end.
I've been through 4 or 5 people, over the last year and a half-ish, and it's always "yeah, we'll take care of that no problem".....then crickets.
Last convo was I believe with Rohan, he said he would be back in London in a couple of days, and would get laces right out to me.
That was probably a month or two ago.

EDIT:
Such weird timing. Rohan messaged me and showed that he sent notice on WhatsApp ( I never look at that app ) yesterday that the laces are on the way.
I love the shoes I've purchased, and while I don't like that this issue was punted as many times as it was, it looks like he didn't forget.
Thank you...

Last edited:

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would just love it if my shoelace journey would end.
I've been through 4 or 5 people, over the last year and a half-ish, and it's always "yeah, we'll take care of that no problem".....then crickets.
Last convo was I believe with Rohan, he said he would be back in London in a couple of days, and would get laces right out to me.
That was probably a month or two ago.

EDIT:
Such weird timing. Rohan messaged me and showed that he sent notice on WhatsApp ( I never look at that app ) yesterday that the laces are on the way.
I love the shoes I've purchased, and while I don't like that this issue was punted as many times as it was, it looks like he didn't forget.
Thank you...
Not to worry. Trust me... We want to get the laces resolved for you too

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have anything to do with the tow ap Oxford also on offer?
Yes. That was the first piece of the project. Overview of the cap toe: It’s slightly more expensive because of a couple intentional decisions. The oxford has a seamless heel and the waist is hand sewn with a fiddleback whereas the Chukka is meant to be more casual and thus doesn’t feature the fiddleback or the hand sewing with the tighter waist. The stitch density on the outsole is also slightly higher. Part of the design decision process wasn’t just trying to make good looking shoes that would photograph well but to design things that were classic and wearable and make sense with how we envisioned people would wear them.

There’s another model that’s in the middle of the design phase and likely another coming after that.

I don’t have the final prototype of the oxford to take any comparison shots though. It was sent around to several friends whose size it was for feedback on sizing and I can’t remember who had it last. Feedback was take the same size as you’d take in EG. If you’ve got additional questions I can take a look back at notes, texts and emails and see if I can answer.

Rewiag

Reaction score
so...someone else is making your shoes. How does this not make you a middleman? I am fine with your products/pricing/whatever. But it sure sounds like you are contracting out products to different producers, and that you are not the producer yourself.
This might come as a surprise, but Intel does not manufacture their CPUs either, it is manufactured by a company called TSMC but still sold under Intel's brand.
A middleman is who buys Brand X and then sells Brand X on their website. Archibald gets to manufacture under their own brand or get heavily involved in a special production run with another brand.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh
Laces came today. Grazie mille, they're perfect.
Crazy difference.

Attachments

• IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 1,313
  • IMG_5808.jpeg
    IMG_5808.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 1,297
Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have review of their glasses? Wondering if worth the premium, alongside being at limited stock right now

Rewiag

Reaction score
I also need some replacement laces for the ultralights, as for whatever reason the ones that came with the two pairs I have are way too long... Did anyone manage to find a good alternative?

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I also need some replacement laces for the ultralights, as for whatever reason the ones that came with the two pairs I have are way too long... Did anyone manage to find a good alternative?
I know it was discussed before with other members of the team but go ahead and please DM me so I can it from here

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair. What would you want to know?
Just general quality and such compared to other acetate glasses. Never had handmade ones before, but have had acetate. Do you feel it was worth it over getting a pair from your optometrist?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the Archibald customer service e-mail change?

My friend (the one who bought a goodyear welted cordovan mid sneakers one in every color, one of every copper pan, etc.) disappeared for a few months and e-mailed them about a couple of things, they don't answer anymore.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuricG