• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Yeah, I was gonna ask for recommendations on AE belts so I have something that matches really well.

Also, I just realized that I'll have the right polish, so I might polish a belt for the first time in my life. Then again, that might stain my pants, huh? Maybe just use Conditioner/Cleaner.

If AE doesn't come out with a bourbon belt, I think the next best option is to take your shoes to a local Nordstrom and find a matching belt. Nordstrom has a nice selection of high quality leather belts.

kentyman

Reaction score
If AE doesn't come out with a bourbon belt, I think the next best option is to take your shoes to a local Nordstrom and find a matching belt. Nordstrom has a nice selection of high quality leather belts.
That's a good recommendation, thanks.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a little deflated today. I ordered a pair of walnut dalton seconds last week.
I figured they would arrive today but nothing came so I called the shoe bank.
Apparently 2 orders were placed for the same pair and so when when my
order was placed their system was not updated yet. They said they had to
do more research and would call me back, since my original rep was off today.
There was only 1 pair left showing up in their system.

I'm afraid they might refund me my $ since they might not have another pair
in my size and not have a a new pair of boots.

Let them know how "deflated" you are. They may very well give you a pair of firsts for the seconds sales price to make up for this mistake.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Novelty Shoe Repair on Yonge street (just north of Adelaide) carries Collonil polish, as well as some other brands. IIRC, they were selling it for $10 a tube, compared to $16 for the AE stuff at Harry Rosen. You can order the AE stuff for $9 on the AE website, but the minimum shipping charge is $30, so you'd have to order a lot of shoe polish to make it worth it. Even with a strong Canadian dollar, I find that shipping charges from U.S. retailers are often prohibitive.

Rego Bespoke (main floor of the Exchange Tower) had a good AE deal a couple of weeks ago; not sure if it's still on or not. They were offering to match all discount prices on the AE website but waive any shipping costs.

Also, I should point out that Novelty has a very good reputation for shoe repairs. I had them put topys on my Park Avenues, and to my untrained eye, they appeared to do an excellent job.

Thanks. I'm in Mississauga though, do you know any other places that carry Collonil closer to me?

Wow I hope Rego Bespoke does that again this year for the next sale of AE. What models do they carry? Can definitely make a trip to downtown for that! :slayer:

Last edited:

adsmith4

Reaction score
I keep seeing people post about this shoebank. Can someone please let me know what this is? I ordered a pair of Cronmok's last Monday but they had to be made so they won't ship until the end of this week. What are the discounts on seconds at the shoebank? If the prices are really good, I might grab a pair of Westchesters or McGraws.

kentyman

Reaction score
I keep seeing people post about this shoebank. Can someone please let me know what this is? [...] What are the discounts on seconds at the shoebank? [...]
And while you're answering adsmith4, can you comment on your experience with seconds? What's the smallest defect you've found? The biggest? If it's too bad, can you return them?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I keep seeing people post about this shoebank.  Can someone please let me know what this is?  I ordered a pair of Cronmok's last Monday but they had to be made so they won't ship until the end of this week.  What are the discounts on seconds at the shoebank?  If the prices are really good, I might grab a pair of Westchesters or McGraws.

Search up Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank on Google their number should be there. You can email them too. [email protected] I think.

So far I have two shoes from them. On one of them I cannot tell anything wrong. The other I believe has a slight scuff on the cap toe but I haven't polished yet so might go away.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was gonna ask for recommendations on AE belts so I have something that matches really well.

Also, I just realized that I'll have the right polish, so I might polish a belt for the first time in my life. Then again, that might stain my pants, huh? Maybe just use Conditioner/Cleaner.

Pics of pants after this ^^^^

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If AE doesn't come out with a bourbon belt, I think the next best option is to take your shoes to a local Nordstrom and find a matching belt.  Nordstrom has a nice selection of high quality leather belts.

By all means, they should eventually come out with a basic wide belt in bourbon, but you might have to wait. Although there is always the option of ordering the belt special makeup, but it would mean retail price + $15.

I did this for a navy basic wide belt, since I did not see them coming out with one soon, but wanted something to use with my navy Moras.

kentyman

Reaction score
After reading the reviews of the Wide Basic belt, and comparing with the perfed Manistee, I hoping to hold out for the latter in bourbon. Granted it's a little loud, but so are heavily-brogued medallion cap toes.

Edit: Embedded links sure don't show up well with this stylesheet.

Last edited:

ajmanouk

Reaction score
I can attest to Novelty's Topy-ing abilities. Had em put Topys on a pair of Alfred Sargents and they did a really great job. Can't quite remember the price but it was somewhere in the ballpark of $30-35, which isn't too bad! (at least, by Canadian standards :))

Last edited:

ajmanouk

Reaction score
I thought I would also share some experience with a shoe care product for my AEs and other shoes. Well known around these boards, but Saphir Renovateur works....SO AMAZINGLY. I had read so many good things about it and was skeptical, but sweet jesus the product is incredible. Applied a thin layer of it on all of my AEs and then re-bulled the cap and OH MY what a difference in the mirror shine it made. Furthermore, I applied it to a scuffed pair of CXL bayfields (sorry i should've taken pics) that hadnt been treated at all in 8 months, and they look like new. Finally, after going to Oktoberfest this last weekend in my beeswax clark's DB, I woke up to find them completely beer stained and scuffed, but a quick application of Renovateur makes them look as good as new. Hell, BETTER than new, since they have some character to them from creasing :)

apeatapple

Reaction score
Hi all, I just have a general question about shoe care. I have a pair of dark brown McTavish. What shoe care from AE I should be applied to protect the leather and keep it as new as possible? And how often should I apply those shoe care? 1 month ? 2 month? I got a bottle of condition cleaner (in natural color) and leather lotion. But i have never applied any shoe care on my leather shoes before. Do I get the right color condition cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads