• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooter

Reaction score
Cordovan Dalton y'day. I couldnt stop looking down at my feet!

do want

g.michael

Reaction score

I thought I would also share some experience with a shoe care product for my AEs and other shoes. Well known around these boards, but Saphir Renovateur works....SO AMAZINGLY. I had read so many good things about it and was skeptical, but sweet jesus the product is incredible. Applied a thin layer of it on all of my AEs and then re-bulled the cap and OH MY what a difference in the mirror shine it made. Furthermore, I applied it to a scuffed pair of CXL bayfields (sorry i should've taken pics) that hadnt been treated at all in 8 months, and they look like new. Finally, after going to Oktoberfest this last weekend in my beeswax clark's DB, I woke up to find them completely beer stained and scuffed, but a quick application of Renovateur makes them look as good as new. Hell, BETTER than new, since they have some character to them from creasing :)

Agreed--it's amazing and smells great too. I have learned that a little goes a long way, and not to let it sit on the leather too long as it gets harder to buff off the longer you wait.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed--it's amazing and smells great too. I have learned that a little goes a long way, and not to let it sit on the leather too long as it gets harder to buff off the longer you wait.
Agree on all points. I learned the using too much and leaving it on too long lesson the hard way.

bucksfan

Reaction score

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it a lot better than the Allen Edmonds Conditioner Cleaner?

I would love to hear some realistic answers on this as well. I fully believe that Saphir has earned it's reputation, and is a fantastic product. That said, you pay almost 4.5 times more for Saphir Renovateur for 1/3 of the amount of product that you get in one bottle of AE cleaner/conditioner. Is it really worth that kind of difference? I would hesitate to ask this question on the Shoe Care thread or one of the English shoe threads because it will inevitably bring the "don't you want the best for your shoes!?" responses
peepwall[1].gif
. Hoping fellow AE fans can be a bit more objective.
nest.gif

itsmejson

Reaction score

I thought I would also share some experience with a shoe care product for my AEs and other shoes. Well known around these boards, but Saphir Renovateur works....SO AMAZINGLY. I had read so many good things about it and was skeptical, but sweet jesus the product is incredible. Applied a thin layer of it on all of my AEs and then re-bulled the cap and OH MY what a difference in the mirror shine it made. Furthermore, I applied it to a scuffed pair of CXL bayfields (sorry i should've taken pics) that hadnt been treated at all in 8 months, and they look like new. Finally, after going to Oktoberfest this last weekend in my beeswax clark's DB, I woke up to find them completely beer stained and scuffed, but a quick application of Renovateur makes them look as good as new. Hell, BETTER than new, since they have some character to them from creasing :)

Wow I would have never thought to put Reno on my beeswax DB. I just went to Oktoberfest this past weekend as well and they got all messed up as well. All I did was brushed off the dirt. Could you pm pics of your reno'd db's?

bucksfan

Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, I have and use both. I have also used AE polish (in the tubes) and kiwi (in the cans), as well as AE cordovan cream.

For new calfskin shoes, I use AE cleaner / conditioner to moisturize the leather. I also use AE polish (in the tubes) for the first few polishing sessions. After that, I switch to Renovateur and Kiwi if I need them to shine.

For my shell cordovan, I use Renovateur almost exclusively, though I usually also hit them with kiwi wax about 1x per year. If I want to get some of the burgundy coloring back, I use AE cordovan cream, but as stated a few pages back, you need to be really careful with this, and apply only a very little bit at a time.

I bought 2 glass tubs of Renovateur over a year ago - I am less than 1/4 of the way through my first one. You just don't use much of it....

Last edited:

kentyman

Reaction score

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cordovan Dalton y'day.  I couldnt stop looking down at my feet!

I sent in my moneys the week they became available to order and they still haven't made it to me yet (but I was told a size 14B would take a little extra time).

Photos like this make me really impatient.

Nice shoes!

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What, y'all don't have yours yet?

Kidding. But on a serious note, their online pics really don't do them justice.
Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads