• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mothball

Reaction score
Great pics lately, guys.

I ordered these black shell Dundees on the 12th & received them yesterday, which was a lot sooner than I expected.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want a pair of Dundees. Preferably the capp. ones we saw yesterday. I'm an addict.

horsey shoes

Reaction score
And I agree, they are gorgeous. Great job with the lighting. The artsy fartsy part of my brain is greatly lacking but here is a picture of my AE Walnut:

McAllister calf, Shell Daltons, Shell Strands. Love the walnut shell and looking forward to receiving the Walnut shell Dundee's.

It was 96 one day last week, 42 right now. Hard frost warning tomorrow with 28 forcasted, I have found living up here does have it's advantages for layering and wearing boots. Starting next weekend over the next 2 months I will be chasing birds with the dog most of the time, so I need to contact AE about the delivery dates of when I will be available to sign for my boots.

Beautiful walnuts, definitely want to see pics of your walnut dundees when they land... the plain toe should show off the shell well.
If they do bring back the cappuccino (truffle) shell or even the walnut, I would consider getting a more plain toe shoe. I think someone had mentioned a few pages back that the plain toe shows off the shell better and, based on all the recent pics, I am definitely starting to see that.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh Yeah! And worth another look IMO.

Discount codes don't work but with flat rate shipping figured I might as well get 2. Thanks.

Didn't see this posted and I got the flyer today for firsts. Don't have time to scan it in right now but there are 13 shoes (for the 13 colonies) that are on sale above the standard 14.92% discount.

Fifth Ave: $229
Patriot: $249
Jefferson: $379
Sanford: $249
Larchmont: $249
Jermyn $249
Haight $269
Long Branch: $269
McTavish: $229
Cronmok $219
Black Hills: $219
Norwich: $259
Delray: $249

Madison Belt: $69
Lamar Belt: $69
Dress Bridle Belt: $69
Sheyenne Belt: $69

For those that are thinking about seconds it doesn't hurt to send an email or call now (shoe discount list is different). I have had them honor the pricing several days in advance as someone else mentioned.

Damn, no Vernon this time? I was really banking on this sale to get a pair of Vernons on the cheap.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smflagg

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the prices listed are those that are on sale above the 14.92%. Every other shoe is on sale at ~15% off. Looking at the AE website will yield those prices.

Steve

ElDave

Reaction score

I have the best wife ever.  My birthday gift:

VERY happy with these.  Can't wait to wear them...

This is:
1) a huge ass shoe
2) a great gift

My girlfriend has basically refused to even acknowledge my shoe collection now.

ejomby

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a hold of the Norwichs? I tried them in store once and was smitten. But I couldn't bring myself to pay for them at full price. Plus, I'm not even sure when I'm supposed to wear monk straps.

zchen

Reaction score
Does anyone know what color truffle is?

just received a pair of dundees in truffle today. I think in AE color scheme truffle=cappuccino? just snapped 2 quickly and it doesn't do them justice, but hope this helps

with dark brown shell strand

Last edited:

bucksfan

Reaction score

just received a pair of dundees in truffle today. I think in AE color scheme truffle=cappuccino? just snapped 2 quickly, hope this helps

with dark brown shell strand

Nice! Were those a custom order?

Last edited:

horsey shoes

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a hold of the Norwichs? I tried them in store once and was smitten. But I couldn't bring myself to pay for them at full price. Plus, I'm not even sure when I'm supposed to wear monk straps.

I have the Norwich in burnish brown and confirm they are a great shoe.
Couple of things: 1. they do run a bit narrow, so you may consider going up a width, but try it on at the store first and 2. they sometimes squeak across where the strap crosses the shoe. I have not tried this, but one gentleman suggested using personal lubricant (can I say that on the web) to quiet the noise. Mine are not that squeaky, so I have not tried this.

I wear this shoe with a standard navy blazer and tan pants combo. They go very well from office to night out too since the burnish brown pairs well with jeans.
I got mine in calf a while ago, but may have opted for the shell had it been available back then... becoming more a fan of the shell plain toe by the min.

myk7000

Reaction score

Beautiful walnuts, definitely want to see pics of your walnut dundees when they land... the plain toe should show off the shell well.
If they do bring back the cappuccino (truffle) shell or even the walnut, I would consider getting a more plain toe shoe. I think someone had mentioned a few pages back that the plain toe shows off the shell better and, based on all the recent pics, I am definitely starting to see that.

Indeed, these are beautiful. I'm a huge fan of walnut color in Allen Edmonds. Accidentally ran dark brown polish over my walnut strands, and it hasn't been the same since.

zchen

Reaction score
Nice! Were those a custom order?

Got them from the shoe bank so I believe they were originally. I just recently returned a pair of neumok due to sizing issue and chose to apply the refund towards it.
It appears they were returned because a small area of the left shoe was significantly lighter in color than the rest of the shoe. I just took some AE cordovan care cream in dark brown and lightly rubbed over the affected area and it fixed up nicely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads