• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F-ing lace on my Bayfield broke. Anger. Replaced them with a generic round (black!) hiking boot lace until proper replacements can be secured.

#AEproblems
The same thing happened to my Alden #8 boots on the 3rd wearing, it is frustrating I hear you! I ended up ordering flat boot laces from TZ Laces in several different colors. They also sell round boot laces. Not cheap, but they have held up well so far.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I've worked out my size in the Dundee. Now have questions on AE shell which I've heard dubious things about. In particular I'm looking at the dark brown and wanted to get an idea of how people rated AE shell compared to Alden and C&J? Cheers in advance.

I have a pair of AE Townleys in Brown shell. I also have cigar LHS from Alden. I can't peak for C&J.

I will say the AE shell tends to have more of a matte finish while the Alden is quite shinny. I like both, so I have both. You can see also the pair I just had recrafted is quite shiny.

The fact that you can get almost anything you want via a MTO with AE is something else!
There is nothing dubious about AE shell, at least to me. I have shell from AE, Alden, and RL Marlow which are made by C&J. As tampatravel said AE can be more of a matte finish out of the box but with time and work they can and will look like the others. Some differences in colors between them but overall I consider them to be the same quality shell.

Great choice on the Dundee's. I prefer them over the Alden 2 eye chukka on the Barrie last by far.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE doesn't currently make a PTB in suede, which, as far as I am concerned, is a serious gap in their product range. Your option is likely an MTO, but keep in mind that the design of the eyestays on AE differs from that of Alden, so you won't be able to perfectly replicate the look. If you are set for Aldens, keep an eye on the Shoemart's seconds: I've routinely seen suede PTB on the lists Ive been getting.

On a related note, I do have AE navy suede PTB (Stewart for Lands End Canvas) and I think they are great. I also had a similar looking Paul Stuart suede PTB on a crepe sole and I didn't like it nearly as much as navy suede PTB. I think color does add a nice touch to the otherwise fairly plain shoe and elevates it on to a next level.

This is a great idea to look for seconds but I checked it out and the Shoemart does not ship Alden outside of the US and I am in Canada. I might have to look into a MTO or maybe just bite the bullet and grab the Alden PTB next time I see them on sale.

cincikid

Reaction score
Black CXL Leeds on the Dainite sole have arrived this morning--just in time for the wintry weather here in NJ (can't rotate the damn picture).

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Wow, they look great! They actually look navy in those pics!

cincikid

Reaction score
Wow, they look great! They actually look navy in those pics!
Thanks, Tifosi. They actually turned out pretty great; in a sense, better than I had expected. There's a bit of a navy shade, but it probably depends on the angle that you look at them.

tampatravel

Reaction score
Black CXL Leeds on the Dainite sole have arrived this morning--just in time for the wintry weather here in NJ (can't rotate the damn picture).
Those are AWESOME. Like tifosi said, I thought they were Navy at first glance. I'd love a pair in NAVY come to think of it.... I have to stop looking on here - ssssseriously.

Subutai

Reaction score
^just got the email. Looks like select styles only, may need to call in for the full list

TheSizzle

Reaction score
^^ Number? No outlet's here in Toronto
angry.gif
Technically, you could order seconds through a regular retail AE location.

However, if you wish to deal directly with the outlet/factory store branch of the company, which seems logical for such purposes, you don't necessarily have to call the Port Washington ShoeBank. You could call any of these. They should have access to the same inventory, and many of them are open as late as 9pm during the week (but some close as early as 5-6pm some days). I'll list some of them here for future reference, but the information, with hours, is on the Allen Edmonds website.

-ShoeBank in Port Washington, WI (262-284-7158, [email protected])

-ShoeBank 2 in Brookfield, WI (262-785-6666, [email protected])

-Tanger Outlets of Mebane, NC (919-563-2446, [email protected])

-Tanger Outlets of Jeffersonville, OH (740-948-9033, [email protected])

-Tanger Outlets of Charleston, SC (843-747-4002, [email protected])

-Tanger Outlets of Riverhead, NY (631-369-0947, [email protected])

-The Outlet Shops of Grand River in Leeds, AL (205-699-6566, [email protected])

-Outlet in Freeport, ME (207-865-6222, [email protected])

-Silver Sands Outlets in Destin, FL (850-654-4790, [email protected])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads