• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

Reaction score

Should I be concerned about this creasing on my new Bayfields? Anything specific you guys recommend as far as treating the problematic side to avoid cracking as that is my main concern. One side of the right shoe is very creased/wrinkled (since day one before wearing) yet on the other side it is perfectly fine. Maybe just lesser quality leather on the bad side, got them from Lands End and I would say these probably should have been Seconds imo.
Heavily creased side: The other side with no issues:
Those are fine, IMO. Unless they look/feel sandpapery dry, they're not gonna crack. I would apply conditioner but that corrugated look probably won't go away. Those aren't dress boots and they're meant to be abused. Besides, no one is going to see that side of that boot.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's maybe a slight improvement, but the gap at the top is right at 1", which I feel is too much. Probably just wishful thinking on the sizing up thing. I may just have to do like tifosi and go with bluchers. A shame, since I really like this shoe.

medium.jpg

I think that's too much. An oxford shouldn't close fully when brand new, but splayed open an inch is not ideal, IMO.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/SPOILER]

Those are fine, IMO. Unless they look/feel sandpapery dry, they're not gonna crack. I would apply conditioner but that corrugated look probably won't go away. Those aren't dress boots and they're meant to be abused. Besides, no one is going to see that side of that boot.

Thanks! I love the boot so far and in no way concerned about the look of the side but just the possiblility of cracking, so I will keep an eye on them and keep them conditioned.

Tom Diginson

Reaction score
Hello, what are ally thoughts on the Allen Edmond Leeds ? I want a plain toe black pair of Bluchers that I can dress up (wear with a suit) or dress down (wear with chinos and jeans etc).

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Hello, what are ally thoughts on the Allen Edmond Leeds ? I want a plain toe black pair of  Bluchers that I can dress up (wear with a suit) or dress down (wear with chinos and jeans etc). 

The Leeds are perfect for that!

tjyoung

Reaction score
I believe 2003 is a code number for the leather color.

How long did it take for her to e-mail you a confirmation after you put in your order?
I put it in yesterday with her on the phone. She sent the email today.

Also, I imagine the color scheme to look like this for my order:

Merlot upper
Brown transparent edge
I also got some burnishing on the toe

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
So I came home today to see a brown AE shipping box on my front porch. You can imagine my excitement since Allison told me my new Burgundy Shell Franciscans were shipping yesterday. Happy to see they made it in 1 day. Here is a quick pic right out of the box. I will clean them up and take some more later.

Last edited:

mdavis534

Reaction score
So I came home today to see a brown AE shipping box on my front porch. You can imagine my excitement since Allison told me my new Burgundy Shell Franciscans were shipping yesterday. Happy to see they made it in 1 day. Here is a quick pic right out of the box. I will clean them up and take some more later.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! What color did you choose for the buckle?

ryansto

Reaction score
WOW! The brogueing really POPS on those. Well done!

fourspin

Reaction score
Outstanding!!! Very jealous.

cincikid

Reaction score
Does AE make a plain toe blucher in suede? or has anyone had one made up throught the MTO program/

I am looking for something like the Alden snuff suede PTB. Would it be maybe a Leeds or Kenilworth with a reverse split welt? I see that AE had a style called the Stewart on the 1 last so maybe that if it can still be made. I would want it in snuff. I prefer the plain look versus the Neumok in suede, I just have too may wingtips (I doubt that is a thing though lol)

Alden PTB in Snuff Suede:

AE Stewart in Navy Suede:
AE doesn't currently make a PTB in suede, which, as far as I am concerned, is a serious gap in their product range. Your option is likely an MTO, but keep in mind that the design of the eyestays on AE differs from that of Alden, so you won't be able to perfectly replicate the look. If you are set for Aldens, keep an eye on the Shoemart's seconds: I've routinely seen suede PTB on the lists Ive been getting.

On a related note, I do have AE navy suede PTB (Stewart for Lands End Canvas) and I think they are great. I also had a similar looking Paul Stuart suede PTB on a crepe sole and I didn't like it nearly as much as navy suede PTB. I think color does add a nice touch to the otherwise fairly plain shoe and elevates it on to a next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads