• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Amoks, where can you get them?

They were clearanced out a few weeks back. I think they're gone now but I got them for $110. I had a brown and tan but returned them yesterday and the only color in my size available in the country was the green

bucksfan

Reaction score
#8 Shell Banchory order placed with Allison
smile.gif
I like the toe shape on it way better than the MacNeil or Larchmont, and the unlined aspect of it is going to be great! Specs, #8 shell, unstructured, unlined, exposed brass eyelets, chili welt, light brown edge, double JR sole.

So that's two MTO shell orders, both things I've wanted in unlined for a long while now. Lots of discussion of Alden vs. AE, but I'll say that being able to get a pair of shell cordovan unlined, unstructured wingtips and longwings at $500? That's something that Alden just can't come even close to competing with.

Also, just talked with Allison, because of something I didn't notice the first time on my invoices... the 1/2 in sole sock liner on the Neumok (and I got that on the Banchory instead of Poron) is always made of the same material as the shoe... so, that's going to be a shell cordovan innersole.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Those are going to be great. Wearing my unlined shell Kenwoods today, I am reminded of how great unlined shell cordovan is as a material for casual shoes.

Ok thanks! What is the advantage of "unlined" when it comes to cordovan? Is it just so you can feel the cordovan more?

Also please get off the phone with Allison so she'll call me back
biggrin.gif

Benefits: softer and forms to your foot faster, more patina, breathes more, more of that shell cordovan smell!

Go to Shell Friday!

AE POLO finally makes its debut today!

Love it! nice shoes! Here's my submission: (forgive the lack of socks - wasn't planning to take a pic today).

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Benefits: softer and forms to your foot faster, more patina, breathes more, more of that shell cordovan smell!
^^ Shoes look amazing btw!! Nice work!

Good to know. Maybe I'll try unlined for my second cordovan purchase. I've already called Allison once for an adjustment to my order.
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started planning my MTO - shell strands, then I thought it was too much and I have a pair of calf strands. Then I saw the townleys and was diggin those but my fifth aves just came in and I thought they were a little too quiet and I was searching and searching and really liked the blucher look but AE didn't have what I wanted. I came across the Marlows in the rock your socks thread and fell in love with that look but not so much the price. So I started my hunt for that look in shell in other brands. By luck I saw a pic (google image searching) that said AE players and it was spot on but it was walnut calf. Moments after I found that picture I was conjuring ideas, I knew I wanted brown shell but the rest I relied on what I liked about my rutledges. Minutes later I saw your post.
fistbump.gif
Haha, pretty much a similar pattern to how I arrived at player's shoe MTO. I deliberated, but I'm going to get both the Marlows and an AE MTO. Just have to wait on the Marlows so I don't have too many new shoes at once :).

Now I'm going to pull the trigger on the Strands. I'm pretty sure I'm not a true AE enthusiast until I have a pair of strands.

Brown Shell Strands
Independence lining
Wheeled Edges
Chili or brown sole edge. This one I'm debating. Not sure how the Chili would look. Anyone have thoughts?

bucksfan

Reaction score
^^ the standard ones have a brown sole edge - I would definitely go with a transparent chili or transparent brown.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just so y'all know, Amazon does a 20% off coupon for first-time shoe buyers from their website, and they also honor Allen Edmonds' sale prices. Rediscovering America sale + 20% off = Win. I don't even need any more shoes right now but at $160 for a pair of Neumok firsts... my credit card is looking at me very nervously right now.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5637565011
How do you get them to honor AE's sale prices?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I may have already asked you this but when did you order the Leeds that shipped a couple of days ago? I ordered mine on 9.6.13 (or thats the day I received my invoice/confirmation from Allison) and am hoping that I'm not that far behind you in the queue.

Patrick, I got my invoice on 8/21/13 for the Leeds. I ordered my Dundees at the same time and got them in 4 weeks. So it'll be about 6 weekd for the Leeds. Still not bad.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks tifosi for the heads up. I ordered 5 pair. I think I'm going to try to cutomize my shoe trees.....

You can take off the metal piece and flip it over. I'm going to do it one better though ....I'm going to have the metal piece engraved. A couple of my buddies at work are just gettin started on shoes...a pair of shoe trees with their name on it would be a nice Christmas gift I think.

Thanks for the idea of flipping the plate over. I was just thinking about removing it, haha.

Sweetchuck

Reaction score
I'm looking at placing an order for a pair of Chili Strands. Just a few questions for you guys:

What color edge/welt do you think would look best?

And is it a no brainer to get the Independence lining?

Thanks,

Last edited:

WICaniac

Reaction score
I emailed Allison and an MTO calf Dundee can be had for $297 during the RDA sale.
I searched for her contact info on the forum and found lots of people striking out and requesting a PM, so here I go....
Will someone please PM Allison's contact info to me?

Thanks to those who have offered advice regarding the torn dogtail on the back of my black cordovan Leeds. The consensus seems to be that it's no big deal, but I have to ask which seems like the better investment for $300:

MTO Dundees in black calf
or
Factory second Leeds in black cordovan with the aforementioned flaw?

Last edited:

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
I stopped in to my local AE store for a size check today. I'm glad I did because I needed to size down 1/2 size on my ordered cordovan Jeffersons and Daltons. Crisis averted!

The only "bad" thing is that I left the store with a pair brown fifth avenues that I didn't own when I initially arrived!

That's 4 pairs of shoes in the last two weeks! I'm going to have some real explaining to do on this one! At least I plan to sell off some parts of my rotation in the near future since they were purchased before my weightloss and now no longer fit me.

SBear

Reaction score
I searched for her contact info on the forum and found lots of people striking out and requesting a PM, so here I go....
Will someone please PM Allison's contact info to me?

Thanks to those who have offered advice regarding the torn dogtail on the back of my black cordovan Leeds. The consensus seems to be that it's no big deal, but I have to ask which seems like the better investment for $300:

MTO Dundees in black calf
or
Factory second Leeds in black cordovan with the aforementioned flaw?
If it were me with this choice, I'd ignore the flaw and ignore the price and imagine both shoes sitting next to my other shoes and make the decision based on which one I a) want most and b) 'need' most.

SBear

Reaction score
Quote:Here is Allison's phone number as posted at the end of August. Good luck!
edit: seems that 262 235-6428 also works to reach her

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads