• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatravel

Reaction score

PSA: Shoe trees on sale at Jos A Bank for $8.50 with free shipping. :cheers:

Thanks tifosi for the heads up. I ordered 5 pair. I think I'm going to try to cutomize my shoe trees.....

You can take off the metal piece and flip it over. I'm going to do it one better though ....I'm going to have the metal piece engraved. A couple of my buddies at work are just gettin started on shoes...a pair of shoe trees with their name on it would be a nice Christmas gift I think.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Amoks today. I got two on clearance but the 4 last ran a half size smaller than my 5 lasts so I had to exchange them and there were only this color left in the country. Not my pic but I'm loving the mossy suede

BWV988

Reaction score

Careful...many of the ones they are clearing out have sub par leather...finally got a good pair and they have developed a squeaky heel after ~8 wears...trying to decide on returning them

Good to know. Lucky for me they were out of my size.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always believed that this was the reason that the lighter colors were in shorter supply from Horoween and why AE has ample supply of #8, black and dark brown. The paste that AE applies would be in addition to the dye that Horoween uses...ie the color should already account for the visibility of these flaws. Perhaps there are still visible flaws that AE is attempting to cover up, but I bet it is more than likely due to the tendency of shell cordovan to scratch easy and them wanting to protect the surface of the shoe for the customer. Most of the customer base wouldn't know the intricacies of maintaining cordovan to the extent of many of the members here, so it's much easier for AE to simply apply a base layer to keep the shoe from getting too dinged up before it makes it to the foot of the wearer.

On the same note, it's very possible that they apply the paste/creme/polish early on to protect the shell during manufacturing. I would assume that most buyers wouldn't want a slightly scratched or scarred shoe when they are spending nearly double the price of the perfectly finished calf models.
I wasnt sure if AE got the shells with much base color or not. I thought I read that Carmina and Rancourt both buy a more undyed shell and dye it themselves. This is how they can get create some of the more unique colors.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Others can chime in but here are some models that are shortwing bluchers that AE no longer offers. In particular, I wish they would offer any of these shoes in brown. Also, I prefer singled soled versions with sleek lasts rather than blobby old mannish ones.

Players: never was a fan of the walnut color. It never came in burgundy or bwn
Hinsdale: I actually own this shoe and think it looks great but the last doesn't work for me
Bel air: discontinued
Concord: discontinued
Lombard: discontinued and it only came with comfort vibram soles, I think.

Thanks for the mention of the Auburn. I had not heard of this model, but a quick google image search shows only black colored models.

Yes, AE could stand to introduce, or reintroduce, a sleek shortwing blucher. Paul?

I was on the same quest (an AE version of the RL Marlow) for a long time. The problem is that AE manufactured the shoe (Player's shoe) that would best fit the bill on its worst fitting last (the 2 last). I've always said that if AE could introduce a shoe version of its Dalton boot, it would be the perfect AE version of the RL Marlow and a huge seller. I ended up giving up on AE for this shoe and went to Carmina. I think you'll agree they are not old-mannish, despite the double leather sole and round toe:

tampatravel

Reaction score
Go to Shell Friday!

AE POLO finally makes its debut today!

AZsundevil

Reaction score
Just so y'all know, Amazon does a 20% off coupon for first-time shoe buyers from their website, and they also honor Allen Edmonds' sale prices. Rediscovering America sale + 20% off = Win. I don't even need any more shoes right now but at $160 for a pair of Neumok firsts... my credit card is looking at me very nervously right now.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5637565011

Last edited:

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Just so y'all know, Amazon does a 20% off coupon for first-time shoe buyers from their website, and they also honor Allen Edmonds' sale prices. Rediscovering America sale + 20% off = Win. I don't even need any more shoes right now but at $160 for a pair of Neumok firsts... my credit card is looking at me very nervously right now.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5637565011

That's great, thanks!!

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I didnt order a pair of shell MacNeils or else I'd be discussing a MTO Strand in Shell.

I started planning my MTO - shell strands, then I thought it was too much and I have a pair of calf strands. Then I saw the townleys and was diggin those but my fifth aves just came in and I thought they were a little too quiet and I was searching and searching and really liked the blucher look but AE didn't have what I wanted. I came across the Marlows in the rock your socks thread and fell in love with that look but not so much the price. So I started my hunt for that look in shell in other brands. By luck I saw a pic (google image searching) that said AE players and it was spot on but it was walnut calf. Moments after I found that picture I was conjuring ideas, I knew I wanted brown shell but the rest I relied on what I liked about my rutledges. Minutes later I saw your post.
fistbump.gif

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes! My cappuccino Leeds are shipping today!

I may have already asked you this but when did you order the Leeds that shipped a couple of days ago? I ordered mine on 9.6.13 (or thats the day I received my invoice/confirmation from Allison) and am hoping that I'm not that far behind you in the queue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads