• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitshine123

Reaction score
The Brooks Brothers football leather chukka arrived today from the seconds sale. No deal breakers in terms of flaws I can see, and they fit fine, so they are keepers. I didn't know that these are unlined, but that's not a problem for me. Still not sure how they came up with an MSRP of $498, as there isn't anything I can see that warrant the higher than normal price. Kind of makes me wonder how many pairs BB is selling even with their normal 15~25% discounts. At $125 though, I think they are very nice, as I really like shoes made with the football leather.

I really like the shape of those. What were the names of these on the seconds list? I'm wondering if I missed them because I didn't recognize the model name

Last edited:

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks who have been getting seconds of the #8 shells in this past sale: Which version of the shell did you get? The dark brown/eggplant #8, or the much lighter, redder #8? I have a pair of shell MacNeil seconds on their way, and I'm hoping they are the lighter, redder version (though I'll take either, of course, especially as I plan on beating this pair up).

SBear

Reaction score
My 2 for $250 arrived.
Black Hills grey calf. Just some superficial scuffs, OK.

Saunders tan calf,blemish on right shoe medial. Then a mess on inside of right shoe at heel.
Is this a structural problem that will reduce the life of the shoe? Looks like the insole is positioned off, medially, and there is a space with some cork bits at the lateral edge. Thoughts please?

Last edited:

dusttruffle

Reaction score
My guess is that they will be $505 @ 15% off.

I was just thinking if there was anything I should get to take advantage. Norwich sounds good. I would prefer something brown, but there isn't much in brown stock that isn't a bal. In fact I don't think there is anything besides the Dundee (which I already have coming in cappuccino)

interested to know how you size in the Dundee, and how it fit. Also pix!

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Brooks Brothers football leather chukka arrived today from the seconds sale. No deal breakers in terms of flaws I can see, and they fit fine, so they are keepers. I didn't know that these are unlined, but that's not a problem for me. Still not sure how they came up with an MSRP of $498, as there isn't anything I can see that warrant the higher than normal price. Kind of makes me wonder how many pairs BB is selling even with their normal 15~25% discounts. At $125 though, I think they are very nice, as I really like shoes made with the football leather.

$125 huh? That is really tempting. What last are these on?

ryansto

Reaction score
My 2 for $250 arrived.
Black Hills grey calf. Just some superficial scuffs, OK.

Saunders tan calf,blemish on right shoe medial. Then a mess on inside of right shoe at heel.
Is this a structural problem that will reduce the life of the shoe? Looks like the insole is positioned off, medically, and there is a space with some cork bits at the lateral edge. Thoughts please?

It looks like only the sockliner is misaligned, and not the structurally integral insole, itself. I wouldn't expect any major issues. They look stellar, by the way!!

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks who have been getting seconds of the #8 shells in this past sale: Which version of the shell did you get? The dark brown/eggplant #8, or the much lighter, redder #8? I have a pair of shell MacNeil seconds on their way, and I'm hoping they are the lighter, redder version (though I'll take either, of course, especially as I plan on beating this pair up).

These are my shell daltons in burgundy I got during the $299 sale.

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/962298/

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
interested to know how you size in the Dundee, and how it fit. Also pix!

Most go TTS up up .5 from their Barrie size. In 1 lasted boots I actually prefer same size but one width out. So for me 8D Barrie = 8E 1 last boots. I go 8.5D in 1 lasted shoes like the Leeds.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Most go TTS up up .5 from their Barrie size. In 1 lasted boots I actually prefer same size but one width out. So for me 8D Barrie = 8E 1 last boots. I go 8.5D in 1 lasted shoes like the Leeds.

I tried on the Leeds and went 8D (same as Barrie). I went with the same size in the Dundee. We'll see...

cincikid

Reaction score
I wonder what's the reason a V-tread tap sole can not be applied to the MTO MacNeil on a double sole? I do see on AE website that it can be added to a regular MacNeil for an upcharge. Is this an idiosyncrasy of the J&R sole?

On an unrelated note, did someone ever opt for the blue or/and red leather lining on his shoes or boots? I'd love to see the pictures.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with how Parkway fit compared to Strand or McTavish?

I wear a 12D in Strand. Have it in Shell and Calf Leather. I also have a 12D Parkway in calf. It is a bit narrower and longer. However, I have no issue with either of them. At first I worried the Parkway would be to narrow. After a few wears it fits great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads