• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Strand should be available as a normal stock item. The Jefferson is a now-or-never deal, with the exception of a MTO.

Yes and who knows how long the SF MTO offer will stand...

newbiealden

Reaction score
I have a pair of cordovan bradley's that have always been too tight in the toe box. Despite that i have worn them on occasion and it is ready for a recraft. Has anyone ever had their shoe widened to an E during recrafting? (is it possible?)

ryansto

Reaction score
I have a pair of cordovan bradley's that have always been too tight in the toe box. Despite that i have worn them on occasion and it is ready for a recraft. Has anyone ever had their shoe widened to an E during recrafting? (is it possible?)

I don't think you can. The concern would be, when a shoe is recrafted, It is put on the original size last, and new leather is pulled down so that a new welt can be stitched on to leather that has not been perforated, previously. If the shoe was to be made wider, you would be stitching the welt to leather that was originally below the welt line, exposing the original, perforated leather.

Hope that makes sense..?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A good cobbler can stretch a shoe up to a half size. You want to be very careful and ensure they have worked with cordovan but it certainly is possible

newbiealden

Reaction score
I wonder if i have them stretch the shoe first than recraft|relast it. i wanna try a local cobbler for some of this work - so this might be a good test of their capabiltiies.

BIGBERTHA

Reaction score
I should clarify. I bought a pair of Parkway in 7D and a pair of McTavish in 7E while doing some shopping in Portland. They were both crazy cheap so I overlooked their shortcomings with respect to fit. When I got home I realized that the Parkways 7D were unwearable...way to tight...toe crushing tight. Have since sold them. The McTavish 7E fit a little sloppy, but with the right socks are relatively comfortably. I am now looking at the Strands and wonder what size might work...I'm leaning towards 7.5D. Also, I wear a 7D in Alden Barrie.

Dillardiv

Reaction score
I guess then the question is if I already have walnut Strands and don't have any full wings, should I go with the Jefferson? Wait for the sale and get Cambridge? I seem to like the brown better than the burgundy.

Strand should be available as a normal stock item. The Jefferson is a now-or-never deal, with the exception of a MTO.

ryansto

Reaction score
I should clarify. I bought a pair of Parkway in 7D and a pair of McTavish in 7E while doing some shopping in Portland. They were both crazy cheap so I overlooked their shortcomings with respect to fit. When I got home I realized that the Parkways 7D were unwearable...way to tight...toe crushing tight. Have since sold them. The McTavish 7E fit a little sloppy, but with the right socks are relatively comfortably. I am now looking at the Strands and wonder what size might work...I'm leaning towards 7.5D. Also, I wear a 7D in Alden Barrie.

I would stick with the 7E in the Strand, if the McTavish is big in that size. It seems like the McTavish runs a width, if not a half size larger than most other 5 lasted styles, so I would caution against going up a half size in length.

ryansto

Reaction score
I guess then the question is if I already have walnut Strands and don't have any full wings, should I go with the Jefferson? Wait for the sale and get Cambridge? I seem to like the brown better than the burgundy.

I would go for the Jefferson now.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
The Brooks Brothers football leather chukka arrived today from the seconds sale. No deal breakers in terms of flaws I can see, and they fit fine, so they are keepers. I didn't know that these are unlined, but that's not a problem for me. Still not sure how they came up with an MSRP of $498, as there isn't anything I can see that warrant the higher than normal price. Kind of makes me wonder how many pairs BB is selling even with their normal 15~25% discounts. At $125 though, I think they are very nice, as I really like shoes made with the football leather.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of cordovan bradley's that have always been too tight in the toe box.  Despite that i have worn them on occasion and it is ready for a recraft.  Has anyone ever had their shoe widened to an E during recrafting?  (is it possible?)

I'm not sure AE will do this for their recraft, but I'd guess B. Nelson might give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads