• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown grain First Aves and denim sans cuffs today (looking at you @St Hubbins). Headed on quick work trip where rain and possibly some snow is expected. These will have to do with coat and trousers, considering.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: I really think the flat laces improve the looks of those tremendously. Are those the Guarded Goods laces? Now I'm thinking I want a pair of flat laces for mine as an option.

swigginton

Reaction score

No hookers, no problem.

It is ASU so a good time can be found sans hookers. The hotel even loans out bikes, but I feared wearing the most expensive shoes on campus and riding around on a black and pink bike would give SF members epileptic shock, so for everyone's safety I'm walking it out.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shakers rock! I've given up coffee, so I dig the banana too.

Thanks! I've been gradually burnishing this pair into a merlot.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote: I really think the flat laces improve the looks of those tremendously. Are those the Guarded Goods laces? Now I'm thinking I want a pair of flat laces for mine as an option.
Yes, sir, Guarded Goods.

amphillips79

Reaction score

Interesting.
There are people who hate Mr. Rogers and Dolly Parton, so I guess nothing should surprise me.
Edit: Getting back to shoes (and speaking of Presidents) the gal I spoke to at the Riverhead store said that there will be a President's Day sale coming up. I need some more shoe trees, so I'll be on it.

Any other deets?

Shaker heights:

I want a pair of these so effing bad I can't stand it! I have brown but missed out on the chili. I need them!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called dibs on a pair of 8.5D bourbon Dalton seconds I spotted on the Shoe Bank for $159. They're on their way from the CAC to an outlet for inspection. If my Shoe Consigliere likes the looks of them... I have no idea how I'll resist for that price. I would say if that deal goes down, I am 100% set on AE boots for a while. At least until next fall/winter.

My head is spinning from how many shoes I've got in play right now. An intervention may be in order.

I hear ya. I sold two of my shoes this last week that just don't get much wear. So now, I'm down to 18 AE shoes. If you told me in 2015 that I would own 18 AE shoes two years later, I would have laughed.

Good luck with the bourbon second. Bourbon seconds are risky.

I was planning to go to the KC AE store today, but some coughing train riders gave me their nasty virus. Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday I will get down there. I'm mostly curious if they have any bourbon shoes in stock and how much the prices are.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double cuff to make up for @middlepP sans cuff. #Ididntchoosethecufflife #thecufflifechoseme

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
Let's bring up the bourbon question again.

Say a fella has a pair of bourbon Mora 2.0's. And they got a turrible (at least in his mind) scratch in the toe. Enough that a fingernail catches when lightly drug across it. It's clearly visible and much lighter in color than the rest of the shoe.

How does one go about disappearing this as much as possible?

Your sempersadfaced meme guy,
Das Frettchen

It depends on how bad the scuff is and to what level you want to effect a repair. If it's not too bad and you just want to even out the color, then cream polish that matches the shoes is all you really need. If it's more like a cut, you might want to work down any sharp edges with something like a dremel tool or strategic use of fine grit sandpaper which will make it less noticeable after polishing. Another approach is to use a renovating repair cream which is more like a filler. Saphir and a few others sell versions of this which you'll need to match to the color of your shoe. You might have to buy more than one and mix them to get the color you need. After filling it in you'll follow up with a cream polish to even out the color. The result will be kinda like a bondo job on a car, so how well it turns out depends on how well you match the color and how smooth the surface is when you're done.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called dibs on a pair of 8.5D bourbon Dalton seconds I spotted on the Shoe Bank for $159. They're on their way from the CAC to an outlet for inspection. If my Shoe Consigliere likes the looks of them... I have no idea how I'll resist for that price. I would say if that deal goes down, I am 100% set on AE boots for a while. At least until next fall/winter.

My head is spinning from how many shoes I've got in play right now. An intervention may be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members