• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

RitchieBro

Reaction score

McClain Monday (that's a thing, right?):

I thought it was MacNeil Monday!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That cat reminds me of the female acquaintance of Dr. Thackery that shows up halfway season 1 of The Knick.  Sorry - that was mean, but also funny.

I had to look this up, but when I found it on google images, I spewed coffee laughing.

Thank you for this lol

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sheltons to start out the week. (This is the 1.0 version):

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

New member here. I've seen some great shots of your collections so far, thought I'd share mine. Got some great deals on them too:

- Black Park Aves ($269 firsts on Amazon)
- Walnut Strands ($239 seconds on Shoebank)
- Merlot McAllisters ($197 firsts on Amazon)
- AE Tan Suede Maritimes ($87 from AE Store in Natick, MA)

I'm sure this collection will grow quickly
wink.gif

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

New member here. I've seen some great shots of your collections so far, thought I'd share mine. Got some great deals on them too:

- Black Park Aves ($269 firsts on Amazon)
- Walnut Strands ($239 seconds on Shoebank)
- Merlot McAllisters ($197 firsts on Amazon)
- AE Tan Suede Maritimes ($87 from AE Store in Natick, MA)

I'm sure this collection will grow quickly
wink.gif

I must say that I can admire a man who builds a collection of something so intelligently. I think If i was to explain to someone what 4 shoes you should start a collection with, I would say some combo of black captoe for formal occasions, merlot/burgundy brogue for a solid non-black business shoe, a walnut/british tan brogue shoe for a more casual look and finally a casual shoe like a boat shoe or loafer.

Well done, sir. Welcome to SF and good luck keeping your money in your wallet.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MrFlux Were you the guy who was asking James about shoe care for the maritime? Just curious.

whodey14

Reaction score

Oxblood Dainite Strands today, long time no post but I have a lot of things yet to post. Have a pair of Merlot Jeffersons being made for me as well as a Shelton I believe. I look forward to the Jefferson quite a bit, my Merlot McAllisters were one of my favorites however after having some issues will become Merlot Jeffersons in my rotation. I look forward to my first Independence collection shoe. Now all I need to do is get on the Shell Cordovan bandwagon.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, I thought it was Madison Park Monday. The heat has returned, so short sleeves. Been a month since I wore this exact combo, so I felt it was safe to repeat.

Last edited:

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these AE messenger bags have a properly padded compartment to store a laptop computer? $199 is a pretty nice price and it would be a serious improvement compared to what I'm currently using. Of course, it will mean deferring a shoe purchase so the decision cannot be made without appropriate consideration.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avast, ye filthy deckweasels! Ye olde McTavishes are shiverin' me timbers during this monsoon.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these AE messenger bags have a properly padded compartment to store a laptop computer? $199 is a pretty nice price and it would be a serious improvement compared to what I'm currently using. Of course, it will mean deferring a shoe purchase so the decision cannot be made without appropriate consideration.

I've never handled this particular bag, might want to call AE to ask about it. I'm assuming it does considering everyone who carries a bag these days also carries a laptop. I can say that their other bags are made with exceptional quality.

My current bag is a leather messenger bag made of much inferior quality, yet it gets so many compliments. I would purchase it and return if it doesn't meet your needs.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, I thought it was McTavish Monday?!? (@peppercorn78 has the right idea)

Gun metal chinos and rare black McT sighting for me today.

bkdc

Reaction score
I guess I'm a messenger bag snob. Or not. I've sold all my other bags except a large work-horse briefcase after I obtained my Norm Cahn mailbag and my Moose heirloom messenger bags. Nothing else seems up to snuff.

200 bucks is hard to beat for a vegetable tanned full-grain messenger bag. Just based on the photo, the AE messenger bag doesn't seem built to survive 20 years of abuse. And I don't think the compartment is padded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads