• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get your all's opinion. I am a relatively new attorney and have just recently started an AE Collection with a pair of Black Park Avenues. I was hoping to take advantage of the merlot sale and was wondering which you would recommend in that color. I do wear suits most days, so formality is somewhat of a concern.
I second the 5th Avenue advice, or the Strand if that fits your style better.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for the First Avenue :)

Ha! Shows to go you that I shouldn't read and respond to SF first thing after waking up in the morning (is THAT a warning sign of some sort??)

The first Abe will probably go on sale in October as part of the Rediscover America Sale.

Though there is usually a big "tent sale" at the Shoebank in July on factory seconds as well.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score

Ha! Shows to go you that I shouldn't read and respond to SF first thing after waking up in the morning (is THAT a warning sign of some sort??)

The first Abe will probably go on sale in October as part of the Rediscover America Sale.

Though there is usually a big "tent sale" at the Shoebank in July on factory seconds as well.

Last edited:

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of on a suede kick over the past couple days. Saturday night, chocolate Strands at my brother's rehearsal dinner:

And 1st run of the navy Cavanaughs yesterday:

The suede Cavanaughs seem to slip in the heel a bit more than my other pair, but I imagine once the sole breaks in enough it'll be fine.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't follow this thread too closely anymore, because damn there's so much of it to keep up with, but as far as I know, you can only browse what's available as seconds. You can't actually purchase from the Shoebank site. You still need to call a sales associate to purchase.

Last edited:

gm928

Reaction score
I don't follow this thread too closely anymore, because damn there's so much of it to keep up with, but as far as I know, you can only browse what's available as seconds. You can't actually purchase from the Shoebank site. You still need to call a sales associate to purchase.

You're right, but Mr. Brooklyn was referring to a one-time event that happened last year where they actually moved all of the seconds inventory over to the main AE website and allowed online purchases. I picked up several pairs during that sale.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on your instep. The 201 is basically the 65 with more room in the instep of the shoe. I have a somewhat shallow instep, so in the 65, my v-gaps don't touch on my balmorals, but on the 201 they come together nicely.

Given that you are between a C and a B in the 65, I would probably go with a B first in the 201 and I think you'll be happy with the results.

@lachyzee - I think the advice by Matt et. al was spot on. I'm basically a 9.5D Brannock, with a very low instep/flat feet. I'm on the slightly shorter and narrower side of 9D in 5-last bals. I went with 9D in my First Aves and Freiburg. They fit OK, but have a decent amount of volume. I may have been able to get away with 9.5C too.

I'd start with 10.5B. Then maybe try the 10.5C and maybe even 11B. That is... assuming they make those sizes AND you can find them stocked anywhere to actually try on.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Tavish Tuesday.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of on a suede kick over the past couple days. Saturday night, chocolate Strands at my brother's rehearsal dinner:

And 1st run of the navy Cavanaughs yesterday:

The suede Cavanaughs seem to slip in the heel a bit more than my other pair, but I imagine once the sole breaks in enough it'll be fine.

Both of those look great! Funny, I initially thought of suede as a late fall-winter option. Basically cold and dry only. My tan Amoks helped me break out of this. Now, I love all my suede variants, regardless of the color, year round - but especially spring and summer time.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of suede, @orange fury ...

Snuff suede Fullerton (511 last, double oak sole, natural edge) and light blue/grey chinos today. Laces swapped out for a slightly more casual look.

Last edited:

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Agreed. I may have posted this previously, but I am considering my 'bitter chocolate' suede Fifth Avenues and matching belt to go with a khaki-colored chino suit, white shirt, and many tie for a friend's wedding next weekend, whereas until a year or so ago I would only have considered dark brown suede shoes in the fall.

Both of those look great! Funny, I initially thought of suede as a late fall-winter option. Basically cold and dry only. My tan Amoks helped me break out of this. Now, I love all my suede variants, regardless of the color, year round - but especially spring and summer time.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Getting a jump start on walnut Wednesday. But seeing the suede on the site today makes me wish I had gone that direction. Maybe tomorrow.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back BB 5As from recraft and they did a pretty good job. I'll probably go over it with some black cream polish and a black wax on the cap but otherwise look good. They appear refinished but I don't think they were hand polished (at least not how they look when I polish them but that is another story). Soles look great and ready for wear. Future recrafts might go to B. Nelson though at least for my non-BB shoes to get JR soles and dovetail. The giftcard is a nice bonus hopefully I can use it before its expiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads