• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mreams99 I was sort of in the same boat as you regarding wanting that style, but didn't want to deal with the 65 fit of the McGregor. Ultimately got the player 1.0 in walnut and Larchmont in brown. The Player is outstanding - fits me like a glove, looks great. Don't get me wrong - I love the Larchmont, it fits roomy but very comfortably, just something about the long length and squared off toe just turns me off. So id say my top choices would be the Madison Park and/or the player 2, followed by the Larchmont. I actually did try the bourbon a while ago - if you feel like rolling the dice and potentially getting a pair with that striping, the bourbon looked better to me, but the walnut's probably less risky. Based on the 65 blucher fit, no way id want a McGregor.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another dead day on campus, and my last day of work for the week, so its casual Tuesday for me. Light denim (AE says they must be rolled "this spring"), brown CXL kirkwood and no-show socks. This pair is a little loose on me, as I went with my 5-last size. For my other Kirks/Maris I went down from D to B. Wonder if they make the Sea Island in C?

Now, back to work... on my bracket!

Those look pristine! I'm beating the hell out of my kirkwoods. No shoe trees and prolly brushed them once. Trying to see how CXL ages with some serious abuse.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Taking the Lauderdales out after working them over with VSC.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look pristine! I'm beating the hell out of my kirkwoods. No shoe trees and prolly brushed them once. Trying to see how CXL ages with some serious abuse.

Thanks, @coolarrow . These are relatively new AND had about 5 minutes of brushing last night.
I tend to treat mine like crap too. Its amazing how nicely the CXL bounces back with a damp cloth and light brushing. I did learn the hard way that they are worth treeing. Luckily the liner came out in both feet, so they were shipped back for replacements. Trees from now on!

I like them so much, I have my eye on the Sea Island. Though I am seriously considering the red Kirk 2nds - with the intention of darkening them like crazy to resemble a dark chili. Not even sure if that is possible with CXL, but at that low price...

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man those Players 2.0 in brown grain are terrific. It's excellent they are planning on returning a shortwing (Player 2.0) to the mainstream as it seems that has been a gaping hole in their offerings, unless you were to go with the Dalton or Long Branch boots. The Daltons have never tempted me until I saw them in store and tried them on - very difficult to say no to them as they were only $200 on clearance locally!

By the way, I am impressed with the Madison Parks at Nordstrom for less that $250. Solid. Limited sizing, so act quickly! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/madison-park-oxford/4185531 Anybody know what last they are on?

Unfortunate creasing on your walnut McGregors there, I would return them if the leather doesn't even out. I am real happy with my Dainite McGregor seconds, best of luck on finding an acceptable pair! As for the Larchmont, I would say no unless you are into the fashion-forward contemporary style of the squared toe. I don't even like the Leiden honestly, the McGregor earns my vote any day.

Last edited:

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maiden voyage for my dark chili PAs today. Picked up a slightly used matching AE belt on eBay for $40.

I love the color of these shoes.

barto78

Reaction score

Maiden voyage for my dark chili PAs today. Picked up a slightly used matching AE belt on eBay for $40.

I love the color of these shoes.

Like a Bawse! Those are sweet for $40. Were they 2nd's?

barto78

Reaction score
Belt was $40. PAs are firsts that were replacements for an ill fitting bourbon pair I picked up during the RDA sale last year.

Ahh...reading malfunction on my part. I was super jealous of you if you picked those shoes up for $40 on eBay. Either way, looking good.

DapperDriver

Reaction score

Got to watch my son during my lunch while the wife got her hair done. New (to me) Fairfax in chili.

I've avoided the temptation to buy used shoes from eBay, but I've had an infatuation with this model, and seeing that it's out of production I took a chance. So far the previous owner seems to have made impressions in the footbeds that agree with me. Already got a compliment on them.

Thought this might warrant a photo. It's a shoe valet that my grandfather made for my father when he was a boy. Obviously too small for my 11.5D's, but it'll make a nice supply caddy until my son is using it.

gjdgjdgjd

Reaction score
Not sure if already mentioned, but other lasts have been added in the search feature on the Shoe Bank site.

Last edited:

catlettsl

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...

AI hate to mention it but since I can't cop these why not pass it on. Walnut Players in 13 on the Bank.
6754525137cf8c5f670dbbbb26c4f83a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to head to the gym when I get that all too familiar quick knock/followed by steps leaving. First up, Patriot in brown, keeper. Second Ascher in oxblood, keeper. Third (and my favorite color sadly) Cavanaugh in chocolate suede. The 9s in the non suede choked my feet something bad. So these are 9.5. Sadly too much heel slippage. These could be the first pair I send back to the bank. More sad is they don't have a 9 in chocolate suede, but they do have the stone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads