• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has AE ever made some minimalist mocs that are: unlined. leather soled (pref. thin leather sole). Basically looking for a high-quality slip on house shoe. Camp moc or eyelet style. Made in DR ok.

RichieP

Reaction score

About to head to the gym when I get that all too familiar quick knock/followed by steps leaving. First up, Patriot in brown, keeper. Second Ascher in oxblood, keeper. Third (and my favorite color sadly) Cavanaugh in chocolate suede. The 9s in the non suede choked my feet something bad. So these are 9.5. Sadly too much heel slippage. These could be the first pair I send back to the bank. More sad is they don't have a 9 in chocolate suede, but they do have the stone...
Tongue pad for the Cavanaughs? I couldn't get my foot into a 9.5 Randolph and 10 gave me heel slip. My SA showed me the tongue pad trick and voila they stay in place!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@peppercorn78 As promised, I tracked down the first usage of "filthy barnweasels" on the forum.

Here's the first post.

Here's the first example of someone embracing it.

Everything after that is from the barnweasels running with it.

And, as always, I thank all of you filthy barnweasels for enabling me in my pursuit of shoes-I-don't-need-but-really-want.

I keep waiting for something really awesome to pull the trigger on, but it just hasn't popped up yet.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@peppercorn78
 As promised, I tracked down the first usage of "filthy barnweasels" on the forum.

Here's the first post.

Here's the first example of someone embracing it.

Everything after that is from the barnweasels running with it.

And, as always, I thank all of you filthy barnweasels for enabling me in my pursuit of shoes-I-don't-need-but-really-want.

I keep waiting for something really awesome to pull the trigger on, but it just hasn't popped up yet.

For the love of all that's good and pure, keep your virgin eyes off of the Vass or Enzo Bonafe threads. Those weasels will eat ALL the eggs in your henhouse...

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an email update about my Hinsdale loafers being recrafted. Unfortunately they didnt change the sole type (or the pic they sent isnt my shoe). Either way :fu:

BL70

Reaction score
End of the day in hotel. Thought I'd post a gratuitous shoe/watch shot.

Last edited:

BL70

Reaction score
Got oddly excited when noticed someone wearing walnut strands at a bar earlier. I think I need therapy.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The dalton in your own pics are oxblood, not dark chili.

They're actually dark chili, I have the oxblood haha (they're both great, but I need something other than brown in my life). The oxblood and dark chili are very similar, the dark chili has more dark brown in it though. It's actually hard to distinguish with an iPhone 5S camera haha

tharkun

Reaction score

Got oddly excited when noticed someone wearing walnut strands at a bar earlier. I think I need therapy.

You're in good company. I got oddly excited when someone at work mentioned that he knows my shoes are AE. Oddly enough thats all he said on that topic lol

He does wear Wolverines a lot.

harlequin782

Reaction score

They're actually dark chili, I have the oxblood haha (they're both great, but I need something other than brown in my life). The oxblood and dark chili are very similar, the dark chili has more dark brown in it though. It's actually hard to distinguish with an iPhone 5S camera haha

Dark Chili with a black welt, black eyelets, and black laces?...thats a first...would this have been an MTO?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads