• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◕ ‿ ◕ July No Purchase Club - Delayed Gratification is the Name of the Game

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I came here to report your ass, but good to see you're taking your licks like a man! Still a bum for breaking the NPC!!!

Chorn, I demand the harshest sanctions be leveled at this rotten egg!

(kidding, love u betel
biggrin.gif
)

Hahaha!
lol8[1].gif

I tried to stay on board as hard as I could. Seriously there were a lot of things that I saw that without the NPC I would bought. So NPC save me a lot of money. Still I will not buy anything in the grace period.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. I know that answer. I mean theoretically he can gift you shoes if he buys them but that's not exactly in the heart of the NPC. You've only got a few days left. I'd say, if there's no rush, weigh your options until the end.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This

FidelCashFlow and I tried something similar (a gift exchange...I'd buy him what he needed and he I)...it was ruled out and rightly so.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel bad - I know you helped me out Betel but I think mine was rightfully argued (at the start, I just really wanted it but I got convinced it was truly in the heart of NPC, and encouraged by the ideals, to buy swatches) and I'm not sure I can put up a good argument with that. But if you find a great deal on something you need (emphasis), I'd do it too.

I'll be in next month I think. I've got a barrage of stuff to get between months but it's all stuff that will round out my wardrobe quite well. Taupe Linen, Grey Wool, Panta tie, another tie, 3-4 shirts from Luxire.

Next month, I will use the time to plan 1-2 sport coats. I only have two and, while Navy looks great, one can not live on navy alone. I've stalled on getting the green odd jacket due to getting necessities first (pants and shirts).

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still doing fine. I plan on being in next month as well.

The only thing I am considering buying during the grace period is a pink or purple casual linen shirt.

I strongly recommend Wolf vs Goat. Mauro's stuff is ridiculously high quality and right now most (if not all) pink shirts are half off. I was very tempted by the following:
http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/shirting-1/products/before-dinner-oxford-in-overdyed-blood-red

The promo code is "manly" and it's going on until the end of the month.

Last edited:

jacket

Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may not be in the spirit of NPC but it's in the spirit of saving time and money.

Just got a blind hem foot so I can alter all my own pants. $7.50. I know my way around a sewing machine and I'm always changing what I want in pants and the tailors can never get it right. Sucks to wait a week and not have what you want (they make it a week for adding cuffs and crap, they suck bad). So, widening pants and changing the hem and break is like $30. $30 per pair of pants, maybe 5 future pants in the rest of the year....

$150 in alterations.. and not getting what I want
vs
$7 and getting exactly what I want, right away

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Seems acceptable. I was in a similar situation....I used to always have my shoes polished instead of doing it myself. I purchased some polishing supplies so I could do it myself rather than paying someone else to do it. MoL ruled against me and I failed the club that month. If you can't wear it, I'd say it falls outside the purview of NPC and is fair game.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems acceptable. I was in a similar situation....I used to always have my shoes polished instead of doing it myself. I purchased some polishing supplies so I could do it myself rather than paying someone else to do it. MoL ruled against me and I failed the club that month. If you can't wear it, I'd say it falls outside the purview of NPC and is fair game.
Awesome!! I can't wear the foot so that works. Breaking out the girlfriends sewing machine.. a little different than my industrial strength (MAN'S) sewing machine;

This would tear linen to shreds. Make it look like tissue paper.

Last edited:

jacket

Reaction score
This may not be in the spirit of NPC but it's in the spirit of saving time and money.

Just got a blind hem foot so I can alter all my own pants. $7.50. I know my way around a sewing machine and I'm always changing what I want in pants and the tailors can never get it right. Sucks to wait a week and not have what you want (they make it a week for adding cuffs and crap, they suck bad). So, widening pants and changing the hem and break is like $30. $30 per pair of pants, maybe 5 future pants in the rest of the year....

$150 in alterations.. and not getting what I want
vs
$7 and getting exactly what I want, right away

I would put this in the non-urgent tailoring category. I would just donate 7.50 to wikimedia, Claggy you getting soft

In other news I am officially done buying for the rest of the year. Death of ToJ has taken a huge toll on my wallet.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
July has always been a brutal month for NPC apparently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads