or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4767

post #71491 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

#4 boot

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Very nice.

If you can snap them in the sunlight later, that would be great.

post #71492 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

Yesterday

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

today

 

 

 

Lusting after those NSTs.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Second round of breaking in my Leffot Tankers. Man do I love these!!

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Tighten those laces, Tif... Kidding

Breaking in nicely.

post #71493 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Tighten those laces, Tif... Kidding
Breaking in nicely.
I'm afraid to rip the speedhooks off!!!!! haha
post #71494 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

I think we're taking this all a bit too seriously.

Not all of us. Only one got so excited to call Obama a liar and use the description of BS.
post #71495 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Right... Deposits range from a percentage of the final price 20% to a fixed amount ($100 or $200) to full payment. Some retailers will waive these requirements for regular customers. I used to hate full prepayment, but more retailers are going that way now. As of right now I have 1 unpaid reservation, two partial payment reservations and 1 full prepay reservation.

I've been in on (and also gotten out of) lots of pre-orders and this is all true. For me, in the future I'm only going to put down a deposit or full payment on orders that have already been confirmed by Alden. Otherwise, you may wait years for an order to be confirmed. I wouldn't mind adding my name to a list like that, but I won't pay on it until the order is confirmed. Only possible exception is a $100 deposit with Leather Soul, with the reasons being that A) they have nice unique makeups, B) they will get the shoe made by Alden, even if it takes a while, and C) $100 deposit is not a huge amount of money.
post #71496 of 94411
"Lightly worn" can mean a lot of things. The photo clearly shows the wear. Shoe photos should show the front of the sole, the entire sole, both sides, etc. Let buyers determine if something is lightly worn or not. One man's lightly worn shoe is another man's heavily worn shoe.
post #71497 of 94411

Has anyone even been in the Alden factory? I'm just curious. I travel some for work...and when I do, I always try to get some shopping in or visit a factory that makes awesome things. From Louisville Slugger to Jack Daniels to Filson to Allen Edmonds - I usually end up buying something cool and it's made here in America. For Alden, I drove past it, but I didn't even try to stop in. That place is a lot like the Wonka Factory I have a feeling. Pretty nuts considering even Ferrari, if you own one, lets you get inside the factory in Maranello.

 

post #71498 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


That is probably exactly what it looks like!

I don't see why they wouldn't let you visit. I don't think there are any trade secrets going on there. I mean, they let video cameras in there. I've seen a video or two online.
post #71499 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


That is probably exactly what it looks like!

I don't see why they wouldn't let you visit. I don't think there are any trade secrets going on there. I mean, they let video cameras in there. I've seen a video or two online.

My understanding is that tours are no longer allowed.
post #71500 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


My understanding is that tours are no longer allowed.

 

Supposedly if you peal up the heel pad on recrafted shoes, there is sometimes a golden ticket under there - that in fact, can be used to arrange a tour of the factory.

post #71501 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Supposedly if you peal up the heel pad on recrafted shoes, there is sometimes a golden ticket under there - that in fact, can be used to arrange a tour of the factory.

rotflmao.gif
post #71502 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


I've been in on (and also gotten out of) lots of pre-orders and this is all true. For me, in the future I'm only going to put down a deposit or full payment on orders that have already been confirmed by Alden. Otherwise, you may wait years for an order to be confirmed. I wouldn't mind adding my name to a list like that, but I won't pay on it until the order is confirmed. Only possible exception is a $100 deposit with Leather Soul, with the reasons being that A) they have nice unique makeups, B) they will get the shoe made by Alden, even if it takes a while, and C) $100 deposit is not a huge amount of money.

How recent is the $100 deposit policy with Leather Soul?  

post #71503 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post

How recent is the $100 deposit policy with Leather Soul?  
That is a current practice for LS. At least as of about 9 months ago when I placed a deposit.
post #71504 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

That is a current practice for LS. At least as of about 9 months ago when I placed a deposit.

Yep, and this has been their policy for a while. My pre-order from 2 years ago required a $100 deposit.
post #71505 of 94411
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

#4 boot


Awesome looking boots. Whenever I see pics of these it makes me think I made the wrong choice with the #4 WT Boots instead of these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Second round of breaking in my Leffot Tankers. Man do I love these!!




These are great. I really need a NST boot in shell, are there any in the works?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***