or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2825

post #42361 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpo View Post

Well ive fallen for the shortwing as my first love in an Alden. Can anyone offer some direction in getting a pair of shortwings in #8? LeatherSole is doing another run sometime in 2014. I cannot have an unrequited love for that long. Any advice for hookijg a pair in 2013 would be greatly appreciated.

I earlier gave you a link to a shortwing blucher at AoC. Mac has referenced the shortwing balmoral. Which one were you referring to?

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #42362 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc44 View Post

Mr. Mac,I know that you have the #8 nst . Are they on the plaza? Thanks

nephew,
they are on the plaza last. presently, this makeup is on the aberdeen last
post #42363 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Black shell LWBs:


nephew,
looking good in your black lwb
post #42364 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Black shell LWBs:


For a black shell shoe, this one is very close to the top of the list. Easy to dress up or down.
post #42365 of 91824
J Gilbert is getting them in the plaza,I think that last looks good on them. Thanks
post #42366 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

 

  Guys who buy shell as their first foray into higher-end footwear amaze me.  Going from $100-150 shoes to $700 shoes in one leap is incredible.

 

 

I don't think I'd ever paid more than about $70 for a pair of shoes before I bought my first pair of Alden PTBs which were shell.  I now have another shell pair on the way (LWBs).

 

The most expensive pair of shoes I've ever owned were a pair of high end Nike running shoes which I got on sale for about $70.  I got all my dress shoes at places like SYMS.

 

The most I'd ever paid for any pair of shoes ever was a pair of really nice running shoes for my GF for about $90.

post #42367 of 91824
I need advice from who I consider the professionals (you guys).

Headed to Paris on Sunday for a week and the weather is looking less than ideal. I want to pack two of my cordovan shoes (Ravello and #8) and they're both untreated. The rain seems light, but I want something nice to wear out to dinner. Do you suggest it or will it ruin my otherwise favorite shoes? Should I just bring beaters?

Thanks,
Pat
post #42368 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfurey View Post

I need advice from who I consider the professionals (you guys).

Headed to Paris on Sunday for a week and the weather is looking less than ideal. I want to pack two of my cordovan shoes (Ravello and #8) and they're both untreated. The rain seems light, but I want something nice to wear out to dinner. Do you suggest it or will it ruin my otherwise favorite shoes? Should I just bring beaters?

Thanks,
Pat

nephew,
overshoes will provide the protection from the elements
post #42369 of 91824
Anyone 11D looking for Cigar? This is a STEAL if you can buy it now before a bid.

http://bit.ly/WzixC5

And they are not mine. Just a PSA. Even if you wanted to send them in for a recraft you are saving 300 bucks.
post #42370 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRoyal View Post

Anyone 11D looking for Cigar? This is a STEAL if you can buy it now before a bid.

http://bit.ly/WzixC5

And they are not mine. Just a PSA. Even if you wanted to send them in for a recraft you are saving 300 bucks.

listing says they're #8.. regardless if they're 8 or cigar, they're beautiful

post #42371 of 91824
what color LWB should I get as my first LWB? such a tough choice!

I currently have color8 Jcrew cap toe boots and 405 indys.
post #42372 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

what color LWB should I get as my first LWB? such a tough choice!

I currently have color8 Jcrew cap toe boots and 405 indys.

my first lwb will be ravello or cigar, purely due to the rarity of both colors. I figure I can grab #8 whenever I feel the need

post #42373 of 91824
what color LWB should I get as my first LWB? such a tough choice!

I currently have color8 Jcrew cap toe boots and 405 indys.[/quote]. I would say, as a new forum subscriber, to do as I just did and order the "holy grail" of shell cordovan colours-RAVELLO,
post #42374 of 91824
my first lwb was ravello.
post #42375 of 91824
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

what color LWB should I get as my first LWB? such a tough choice!

I currently have color8 Jcrew cap toe boots and 405 indys.


If you can find ravello LWBs (I think Alden DC may still have some), that would be my recommendation.  If not, color 8 would be next (can never have too much color 8, imho).  Although, I remember reading several pages back that there may be a 14 week wait for color 8 LWBs.

 

Aslo, my recommendation may change based on what you plan to wear with these.  Color 8 would probably be the most versatile.  The ravello with the antique edge would be primarily a casual shoe; with the dark brown edge it's more versatile.

 

Good luck...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***