1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roboterkampf

roboterkampf Active Member

Wearing the Ravello longwings today. Always makes me grin.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Spatlese

Spatlese Well-Known Member

Hmm....not sure if you're referring to the La Paradeta chain. Counter service, right? It was really good though. Had five types of seafood (choose by quantity or weight), simply cooked, and a bottle of cava for ~50 Euros

Fckers changed the game day during my trip last year (we had tix) so I missed out on the full experience. I think they played Getafe, so it was a bushwacking anyways, but still....

Ok, that's it for my thread derailing.

3. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

^^ some crazy looking creases.

4. roboterkampf

On my shoes? How so? I don't get hung up on the creases, nicks, etc. They are, after all, shoes being worn on the mean streets of Baltimore!

5. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Well-Known Member

^ are you sure they aren't too big for you? my right foot is a bit smaller than my left foot, and my black fleece shell longwings have the same crazy creases on my smaller foot.

6. blue collar

blue collar Well-Known Member

Wow nice shot. The color look great!

7. roboterkampf

Interesting! There's no slippage, and I usually wear a 10.5 - these are a 10. I sit with one leg tucked under sometimes (half-indian style, I guess?), and I also will jam my right foot against an angled footrest, which puts the shoe through stress akin to crouching on the balls of the feet. So maybe that abuse explains something? I can't imagine a 9.5 fitting...

[​IMG]

8. roboterkampf

Also couldn't resist taking a pic with my favorite watch, since you guys started doing it. It's a 48 year old Bulova Accutron Spaceview Yellow Dot B, fully restored and paired with the era-appropriate Kreisler/Bulova coffin link bracelet.

[​IMG]

9. WhoKnewI

Does anyone else find that the plaza last just doesn't work for their feet. I tried on several different sizes of plaza lasted shoes, and none of them felt right to me. Kinda sucks because its a gorgeous last, but its like the shape of my foot simply won't accommodate it.

10. roboterkampf

I have a pair of these, and they fit well. I can see if you had a flatter arch, or maybe a wider foot along the center inner sides, it might be uncomfortable though. They are definitely more snug in that area unlike the Indy 405 boots, where my feet can swim around a little, by comparison.

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2010/12/25/alden-shoes-the-officer-dress-boot-lsw/

Makes me wonder about the Aberdeen or Modified lasts, though...

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  11. WhoKnewI

Aaaah that makes sense. you basically just described my foot. Barrie works well for me and so does trubalance. I have a pair of balmorals on the hampton last that fit well too. I think I'm going to have to try the modified last next. Damn, I really wanted to make these boots work.

Anyone looking for a pair of black cordo captoe plaza boots and would like to trade away something on the barrie/trubalance last in size 8d/8.5d?

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  12. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

Just looking to see if anyone can post pics of their Leather Soul Ultimate Jumpers in CXL. I am hoping to see how they look in the wild and with some wear on them. Just hoping pics can help me decide if I can live with the reddish tint they seem to have.

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

To wit:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Agreed - awesome look all around W...I'm really digging those sand suedes. I have the sand suede LWB on pre-order from LSW and I'm dying for it to get here, and as if I didn't want these bad enough already, this pic really makes me want to wear them now with the summer coming up so soon. Still probably got about another year to wait yet :cloud:

15. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Thanks, gents!

I've worn these so many times that the $300 spent on them has been well worth it.

In addition to a pair of Ravello, I will be on the look out for an irregular pair of snuff Chukkas.

16. roboterkampf

These are gorgeous.

17. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Keith: looks great, man!

Some more Alden related pictures from outfits from the last week.
    Indy 405.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NXL Indy Oxfords
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black shell LWBs
    [​IMG]

18. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

Interesting...I hated those pants in the first picture, but they work as part of a whole outfit.

19. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

GASP! Epualet's Digicamo pants!!! Don't go near the MC Casual thread or you'll get reamed :devil:

20. Edgein

Edgein Well-Known Member

Nice shoes/boots. Don't know if I could pull off the slacks, however cudo's to you for going for it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.