or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5699  

post #85471 of 122416
Awesome Whiskey PTBs Waterloo. I have my name on the list for the next run of these with Alden SF, but who knows how long that will be from now. Hopefully whenever they are made they will look as good as your pair!

Also, I find it interesting that Ravello and Cigar seem to be getting darker and darker, yet Whiskey is still pretty much the same shade it has been for years. I wish there was some logical explanation behind this.
post #85472 of 122416
Waterloo, those look awesome!!! I get my pair tomorrow and now I can't be more excited!

-Mike
post #85473 of 122416
And, Cigar LWB today. These actually look like they're lightening up a bit already compared to when I first got them. It's only been a few months, but I've been wearing them weekly.

post #85474 of 122416
Beetle, those are looking great as well my friend. I am sporting my classic 975 today.
post #85475 of 122416

Awww crap, now I have to add a whiskey PTB to my want list. Thanks Waterloo, those look fantastic.

post #85476 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Waterloo, those look awesome!!! I get my pair tomorrow and now I can't be more excited!

-Mike

Mike doesn't have whiskey PTB? I'm a bit shocked, given his elaborate shell collection. 

post #85477 of 122416

blue suede to show some support for USA this afternoon.....

 

post #85478 of 122416

I have the Whiskey LWB, LHS and chukka, and PTBs in almost every color, but now I want these Whiskey PTBs too.  Dammit!

post #85479 of 122416

King LWB in need of a cleaning.  Worn 2 to 3 times a week -- always reaching for them over most other shoes.  I've almost considered buying another pair so I can wear them more often...

 

 

post #85480 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo 360T View Post
 

Thanks ryden and beeb, I couldn't be happier. I dare say they are perfect, consistent color, no blemishes and excellent stitching. I look forward to putting them in my rotation.

 

 

I have been wondering, semi-seriously, whether it ever has been or will be fashionable to wear two shoes of the same style but in different colors.  This photo makes me think it just might be pull-off-able.

 

:hide: 

post #85481 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

I have been wondering, semi-seriously, whether it ever has been or will be fashionable to wear two shoes of the same style but in different colors.  This photo makes me think it just might be pull-off-able.

peepwall%5B1%5D.gif 

HaHa. You apparently have a fashion trend to start. Sounds like a pretty expensive one though, as you need to spend 1400 to pull off with Shells...
post #85482 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Mike doesn't have whiskey PTB? I'm a bit shocked, given his elaborate shell collection. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

I have the Whiskey LWB, LHS and chukka, and PTBs in almost every color, but now I want these Whiskey PTBs too.  Dammit!

Jeze, I bought a pair a year or so ago from Alden DC, but it unfortunately had a line on the toe that ran from the tip of the toe to the laces, so I returned them. One of two pairs that I have ever returned.

Beebs, your decision is easy this time since I got the last one in your size. Alden DC does this design fairly frequently though, so give Kathy a call and you probably could get on her next run.

-Mike
post #85483 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

I have been wondering, semi-seriously, whether it ever has been or will be fashionable to wear two shoes of the same style but in different colors.  This photo makes me think it just might be pull-off-able.

peepwall%5B1%5D.gif 

HaHa. You apparently have a fashion trend to start. Sounds like a pretty expensive one though, as you need to spend 1400 to pull off with Shells...

 

That's the beauty of it.  I already have king/burgundy, black, and (various shades of) brown shell in PTBs, LWBs, and chukkas.  I wouldn't need to spend any more money.  All I need is the cojones to give it a shot.

post #85484 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

That's the beauty of it.  I already have king/burgundy, black, and (various shades of) brown shell in PTBs, LWBs, and chukkas.  I wouldn't need to spend any more money.  All I need is the cojones to give it a shot.

 

your handle suggest that you like to mix it up......half and half!

post #85485 of 122416
Loving how these for after a few wearings.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.