or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 4660  

post #69886 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

nah



You need a bigger/taller rack, man!
post #69887 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

nah



REALLY!? I want biggrin.gif

Shoe trees in all?

Do you guys recommend shoe trees in boots?
post #69888 of 122416
Just wanted to post this one more time, just incase...

Was looking for the "ALDEN X LEFFOT GREENWICH BOOT", unfortunately I didn't get in on the pre-order. If someone bought a 10E that would be willing to sell them please let me know.

Regards.

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/44687h-greenwich-boot-pre-order.html

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90
post #69889 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post


You need a bigger/taller rack, man!

 

I wish! no room to go up at this point. tossed a flat panel and soundbar there

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post


REALLY!? I want biggrin.gif

Shoe trees in all?

Do you guys recommend shoe trees in boots?

 

shoe trees in 99%. couple new pairs on the floor are missing them, but they haven't been worn yet so no biggie

post #69890 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Many on this thread, myself included, will tell you that you would be crazy not to buy something in Color 8, specifically the LWB (Model 975) or PTB (Model 990, or else the Brooks Bros version), given your needs and existing wardrobe.  I certainly like all the suggestions you have gotten thus far, but I'm not alone when I say that Color 8 is King.

If your only other pair is CXL then #8 would be a good move.
Very versatile, also easily available.
Maybe a version of a cap toe boot, or a PTB?
IMHO whisky is not great for casual wear, nor as your second (or third or fourth) pair of Aldens.
post #69891 of 122416
Whiskey is an advanced color - it is often hard to wear. However, it works best with casual outfits. Whiskey + raw denim is a great combo. I had the whiskey wingtips but sold them as they were too formal with how I wanted to wear whiskey. I anticipate wearing my PTB quite a bit in spring and summer. With whiskey, I would rank the models like this - LHS, longwing, PTB, chukka
post #69892 of 122416
post #69893 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

For me Whiskey is inherently casual.  My one pair of whiskey is a wingtip bal which I suppose makes it more dressy.  However, I have never worn these with a suit with the exception of seersucker.


Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

If your only other pair is CXL then #8 would be a good move.
Very versatile, also easily available.
Maybe a version of a cap toe boot, or a PTB?
IMHO whisky is not great for casual wear, nor as your second (or third or fourth) pair of Aldens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Whiskey is an advanced color - it is often hard to wear. However, it works best with casual outfits. Whiskey + raw denim is a great combo. I had the whiskey wingtips but sold them as they were too formal with how I wanted to wear whiskey. I anticipate wearing my PTB quite a bit in spring and summer. With whiskey, I would rank the models like this - LHS, longwing, PTB, chukka

Taking all the considerations I was thinking:



OR if I can find one



OR



and

post #69894 of 122416

^Depends of course :)

post #69895 of 122416
anyone have a promo code for jcrew that works on alders?

cause I'm thinking of going with these babies



One more thing if I wear an 8EE fro my Indy 403 CXL what size should I get for the JCREW Alden cap toe?
post #69896 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post

One more thing if I wear an 8EE fro my Indy 403 CXL what size should I get for the JCREW Alden cap toe?

 

Those boots are on the Barrie last. The Barrie is not as wide as the Trubalance. JCrew only stocks D widths on those boots, so they may be too narrow for you if you need an EE width on the Trubalance. 

post #69897 of 122416
Brown CXL dovers and raw denim today. Rainy day here in the NE.

post #69898 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-domino View Post

Those boots are on the Barrie last. The Barrie is not as wide as the Trubalance. JCrew only stocks D widths on those boots, so they may be too narrow for you if you need an EE width on the Trubalance. 

Hmm, maybe I'll give them a try if anything I can always return it to jcrew.
post #69899 of 122416
^ Good luck but I am virtually certain those will not work for you with an EE trubalance fit. Maybe size up 1/2 and hope it isn't too long.
post #69900 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

nah

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwhitela
 
Wow! 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.