Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on Today at 12:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on Today at 9:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Sicilian tailors Last post on 2/21/15 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear
- A suit to last me 10-20 years? Last post on 2/20/15 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Yesterday at 1:37 pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 75
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1112 of 19431/18/13 at 6:01pmQuote:
Certainly. I wore a buff double breasted odd vest and a single breasted navy suit for my wedding a month ago so it has to be correct!post #1113 of 19431/19/13 at 1:35amQuote:
Okay because that is my reason to buy one.Quote:
Okay, but i'm thinking of the same way like one in light blue under. Just wearing it for normal days no special reasons.post #1114 of 19431/19/13 at 1:23pmpost #1115 of 19431/19/13 at 2:09pmpost #1116 of 19431/19/13 at 2:25pmpost #1117 of 19431/19/13 at 2:31pmpost #1118 of 19431/19/13 at 3:10pmpost #1119 of 19431/19/13 at 3:15pmpost #1120 of 19431/19/13 at 4:50pmpost #1121 of 19431/20/13 at 9:29am
Part reposting a question already asked in the tailors thread, but I having this issue really getting on my nerves.
I have DB Suit A and DB Suit B, both made at a local MTO shop. I'm starting to feel that I made a bad misstake by lowering the button stance on Suit B.
It's 2cm lower then Suit A, top working button sits right at my bellybutton. Also don't like how the top two buttons have moved down from the widest part of my chest.
Personally I like A more, as long as B does not look completely silly, I'm willing to live with it. Does it?
Suit B:post #1122 of 19431/20/13 at 11:29amQuote:
There is a bit of 'drama' in those A&S lapels, part of the look which can be a bit much for some. They maybe willing to tame them a bit, Go in and have a chat, air your concerns and see how flexible they are willing to be.
Also consider, a more middle of the road style like Poole for example.post #1123 of 19431/20/13 at 2:03pmpost #1124 of 19431/20/13 at 2:09pmpost #1125 of 19431/20/13 at 3:05pm
Hi - sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. I'm new to this forum but as it's to do with the Double-Breasted style, I thought I'd get a more accurate response to my question here.
I'm currently having my tailor make a black double-breasted (6 buttons) suit and have the first fitting some time this week. I have accepted his suggestion of a button hole on each lapel and wondered what other people thought of this? The suit will become my standard suit for day-time events where one is needed (as I'm slowly replacing my wardrobe with bespoke), so wondered if having a button hole on each side is compromising on formality?
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 41 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy Suede Rider Jacket XS/44 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...