Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Double Breasted Style. - Page 75post #1112 of 29371/18/13 at 6:01pmQuote:
Certainly. I wore a buff double breasted odd vest and a single breasted navy suit for my wedding a month ago so it has to be correct!post #1113 of 29371/19/13 at 1:35amQuote:
Okay because that is my reason to buy one.Quote:
Okay, but i'm thinking of the same way like one in light blue under. Just wearing it for normal days no special reasons.post #1114 of 29371/19/13 at 1:23pmpost #1115 of 29371/19/13 at 2:09pmpost #1116 of 29371/19/13 at 2:25pmpost #1117 of 29371/19/13 at 2:31pmpost #1118 of 29371/19/13 at 3:10pmpost #1119 of 29371/19/13 at 3:15pmpost #1120 of 29371/19/13 at 4:50pmpost #1121 of 29371/20/13 at 9:29am
Part reposting a question already asked in the tailors thread, but I having this issue really getting on my nerves.
I have DB Suit A and DB Suit B, both made at a local MTO shop. I'm starting to feel that I made a bad misstake by lowering the button stance on Suit B.
It's 2cm lower then Suit A, top working button sits right at my bellybutton. Also don't like how the top two buttons have moved down from the widest part of my chest.
Personally I like A more, as long as B does not look completely silly, I'm willing to live with it. Does it?
Suit B:post #1122 of 29371/20/13 at 11:29amQuote:
There is a bit of 'drama' in those A&S lapels, part of the look which can be a bit much for some. They maybe willing to tame them a bit, Go in and have a chat, air your concerns and see how flexible they are willing to be.
Also consider, a more middle of the road style like Poole for example.post #1123 of 29371/20/13 at 2:03pmpost #1124 of 29371/20/13 at 2:09pmpost #1125 of 29371/20/13 at 3:05pm
Hi - sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. I'm new to this forum but as it's to do with the Double-Breasted style, I thought I'd get a more accurate response to my question here.
I'm currently having my tailor make a black double-breasted (6 buttons) suit and have the first fitting some time this week. I have accepted his suggestion of a button hole on each lapel and wondered what other people thought of this? The suit will become my standard suit for day-time events where one is needed (as I'm slowly replacing my wardrobe with bespoke), so wondered if having a button hole on each side is compromising on formality?
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 4 minutes ago
- › Take all of the guns. All of them. 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › FS: Carmina Shoemaker Three Pairs 6.5UK 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...