Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- [SOLD] NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Italian CBD Last post on 11/17/14 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 75
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1112 of 15211/18/13 at 6:01pmQuote:
Certainly. I wore a buff double breasted odd vest and a single breasted navy suit for my wedding a month ago so it has to be correct!post #1113 of 15211/19/13 at 1:35amQuote:
Okay because that is my reason to buy one.Quote:
Okay, but i'm thinking of the same way like one in light blue under. Just wearing it for normal days no special reasons.post #1114 of 15211/19/13 at 1:23pmpost #1115 of 15211/19/13 at 2:09pmpost #1116 of 15211/19/13 at 2:25pmpost #1117 of 15211/19/13 at 2:31pmpost #1118 of 15211/19/13 at 3:10pmpost #1119 of 15211/19/13 at 3:15pmpost #1120 of 15211/19/13 at 4:50pmpost #1121 of 15211/20/13 at 9:29am
Part reposting a question already asked in the tailors thread, but I having this issue really getting on my nerves.
I have DB Suit A and DB Suit B, both made at a local MTO shop. I'm starting to feel that I made a bad misstake by lowering the button stance on Suit B.
It's 2cm lower then Suit A, top working button sits right at my bellybutton. Also don't like how the top two buttons have moved down from the widest part of my chest.
Personally I like A more, as long as B does not look completely silly, I'm willing to live with it. Does it?
Suit B:post #1122 of 15211/20/13 at 11:29amQuote:
There is a bit of 'drama' in those A&S lapels, part of the look which can be a bit much for some. They maybe willing to tame them a bit, Go in and have a chat, air your concerns and see how flexible they are willing to be.
Also consider, a more middle of the road style like Poole for example.post #1123 of 15211/20/13 at 2:03pmpost #1124 of 15211/20/13 at 2:09pmpost #1125 of 15211/20/13 at 3:05pm
Hi - sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. I'm new to this forum but as it's to do with the Double-Breasted style, I thought I'd get a more accurate response to my question here.
I'm currently having my tailor make a black double-breasted (6 buttons) suit and have the first fitting some time this week. I have accepted his suggestion of a button hole on each lapel and wondered what other people thought of this? The suit will become my standard suit for day-time events where one is needed (as I'm slowly replacing my wardrobe with bespoke), so wondered if having a button hole on each side is compromising on formality?
- Double Breasted Style.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 27 seconds ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 31 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 49 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Cigars 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...