Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on Yesterday at 1:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit fit Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:38am in Classic Menswear
- Understanding why half-canvassed suits are better than fully fused jackets Last post on 1/4/15 at 3:58pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Canali Suit - DB Wool Cashmere Navy ~36/38 US Last post on 12/8/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Canali Wool Suits - 54 44 L - 1 Left! Last post on 12/8/14 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 75
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1112 of 18701/18/13 at 6:01pmQuote:
Certainly. I wore a buff double breasted odd vest and a single breasted navy suit for my wedding a month ago so it has to be correct!post #1113 of 18701/19/13 at 1:35amQuote:
Okay because that is my reason to buy one.Quote:
Okay, but i'm thinking of the same way like one in light blue under. Just wearing it for normal days no special reasons.post #1114 of 18701/19/13 at 1:23pmpost #1115 of 18701/19/13 at 2:09pmpost #1116 of 18701/19/13 at 2:25pmpost #1117 of 18701/19/13 at 2:31pmpost #1118 of 18701/19/13 at 3:10pmpost #1119 of 18701/19/13 at 3:15pmpost #1120 of 18701/19/13 at 4:50pmpost #1121 of 18701/20/13 at 9:29am
Part reposting a question already asked in the tailors thread, but I having this issue really getting on my nerves.
I have DB Suit A and DB Suit B, both made at a local MTO shop. I'm starting to feel that I made a bad misstake by lowering the button stance on Suit B.
It's 2cm lower then Suit A, top working button sits right at my bellybutton. Also don't like how the top two buttons have moved down from the widest part of my chest.
Personally I like A more, as long as B does not look completely silly, I'm willing to live with it. Does it?
Suit B:post #1122 of 18701/20/13 at 11:29amQuote:
There is a bit of 'drama' in those A&S lapels, part of the look which can be a bit much for some. They maybe willing to tame them a bit, Go in and have a chat, air your concerns and see how flexible they are willing to be.
Also consider, a more middle of the road style like Poole for example.post #1123 of 18701/20/13 at 2:03pmpost #1124 of 18701/20/13 at 2:09pmpost #1125 of 18701/20/13 at 3:05pm
Hi - sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. I'm new to this forum but as it's to do with the Double-Breasted style, I thought I'd get a more accurate response to my question here.
I'm currently having my tailor make a black double-breasted (6 buttons) suit and have the first fitting some time this week. I have accepted his suggestion of a button hole on each lapel and wondered what other people thought of this? The suit will become my standard suit for day-time events where one is needed (as I'm slowly replacing my wardrobe with bespoke), so wondered if having a button hole on each side is compromising on formality?
- Double Breasted Style.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 12 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 36 seconds ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 1 minute ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 2 minutes ago
- › Made In USA (Streetwear & Denim American Style) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › NWOT WOLF VS GOAT LARGE AD BUTTON DOWN SHIRT INDIGO DOT SLIM 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays