^ I hope this gets some momentum. Beyond grenadines my spring/summer tie game is weak. I'm in the "no slubs" club, which doesn't help.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on 10/20/16 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 7:15 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Classic Menswear Lounge - Page 203post #3031 of 32274/26/16 at 9:20ampost #3032 of 32274/26/16 at 9:33amShitty picture quality, colors aren't exactly right (though close), and I would probably have preferred a light blue shirt, but I wore the Vanda chive matka TP posted to a wedding this past weekend. I have a few other new summer Vanda and Shibumi ties at home that I'll get around to photographing at some point - but the only non-slub is a navy hopsack Vanda. Very soft.
Gotta love the David Lynch tinsel.post #3033 of 32274/26/16 at 9:51amQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'll bite. While I agree that green is a great color, especially in its brighter forms during summer, I kind of feel like the green/brown combination often looks "too obvious". I often find myself looking at other colors when wearing brown jackets. As you can see below, I have no problem pairing a brown PS with a green tie though. This is, of course, a personal opinion.
My three favorites for this season and their uses:
A bright green silk knit with a navy blazer (unseen: brown horn buttons)
A royal blue silk with a light pattern and a bottle green sport coat (unseen: brown MoP buttons)
A cobalt-ish blue silk/linen blend with a brown sport coat (unseen: smoked MoP buttons)post #3034 of 32274/26/16 at 9:56amThread Starterpost #3035 of 32274/26/16 at 10:09am
If you want green summer ties you can buy now, i have these 2 green in process from a fellow known around here as Pat:
no link, the green with the X by it
The best looking summer tie i have seen in quite a while is this one - heartbroken Drake's has run out of the silk and can't do a MTM, which i need b/c i am tall and picky about knot size.post #3036 of 32274/26/16 at 10:46ampost #3037 of 32274/26/16 at 11:17amThread StarterQuote:
I realized after your post that my post was not clear on this.
Actually, favorites from S/S past are good too, just to see what people like.
But I'm interested in thoughts on what's out there now. I was a bit disappointed in Drake's overall offerings this season, but maybe because there's always a bit of repetition, and so it will seem when one's own tie collection reaches a certain state (and note, I limit myself to only 20 ties per season, which already seems like a lot). It's hard to find things that are both interesting and not repetition of what I already have now. I figure lots of people who post in this and other discussion threads are in the same boat.post #3038 of 32274/26/16 at 11:18amThread Starterpost #3039 of 32274/26/16 at 11:23amQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
But I'm interested in thoughts on what's out there now. I was a bit disappointed in Drake's overall offerings this season, but maybe because there's always a bit of repetition, and so it will seem when one's own tie collection reaches a certain state (and note, I limit myself to only 20 ties per season, which already seems like a lot). It's hard to find things that are both interesting and not repetition of what I already have now. I figure lots of people who post in this and other discussion threads are in the same boat.
I reach a point of critical mass on those things. I have bought 1 2 ties in the last year and 0 dress shoes. There are simply no obvious holes in my rotation and I don't have to have something new every season. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm currently working on more trouser diversity.post #3040 of 32274/26/16 at 2:42pmpost #3041 of 32274/26/16 at 6:17pmThread Starter
I've been slow to come round to paisley, even small scale like that. Have been tempted by this one which speaks to me because it is monochrome:
Also, this is quite nice:
Edit: One more I've seen before (perhaps reissued)
Edited by TweedyProf - 4/26/16 at 6:33pmpost #3042 of 32274/27/16 at 7:21amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jcmeyer
Shitty picture quality, colors aren't exactly right (though close), and I would probably have preferred a light blue shirt, but I wore the Vanda chive matka TP posted to a wedding this past weekend. I have a few other new summer Vanda and Shibumi ties at home that I'll get around to photographing at some point - but the only non-slub is a navy hopsack Vanda. Very soft.
Gotta love the David Lynch tinsel.
I like that combo @jcmeyer . It's clean and solid. I think tasteful green ties are a bit of a rarity that they always come off as an accent. I'm still thinking of a knit. Just sold @UrbanComposition my last shantung which I'm sure he will wear better than I, but here it is, a bit more saturated and darker, I think, than the chive matka:
One thing I've noted about Vanda silk ties is that given the lack of lining, the hand rolling impresses on the front blade. I think that's part of the charm of a Vanda, but it's noticeable. An interlining would abolish the effect. I don't have the same problem with the wool Vanda I own.
Hmmm...no other suggestions on possible spring buys, tie wise? Are we all saturated on the purchasing tie front?post #3043 of 32274/27/16 at 12:24pmQuote:
My only recent S/S tie purchase was a schappe silk from Wu which has now sold out. Mine is currently in the hands of Tie Crafters being shortened. Sorry.
Acpost #3044 of 32274/27/16 at 12:31pmpost #3045 of 32274/27/16 at 12:46pm
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 37 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Wearing A Tailored Jacket And Jeans Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...