• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zomg I just kopped a new brown/white stripe shirt! Kind of a wide stripe too!

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zomg I just kopped a new brown/white stripe shirt! Kind of a wide stripe too!

8480374.gif

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For real? I think they're unfuckuppable factor is pretty high. They're basically the only patterned shirt like that, and all the others are way harder. Tattersall and gingham I like only occasionally, PoW and graph check shirts almost never. Then there's pindot, paisley, and other p-words that require more cool than I have managed to accumulate.

This. As already noted I do like them a lot and find that they're actually quite easy to combine. Of course, instead of a neutral canvas your shirt becomes a focus of attention, so adjust the rest of the outfit accordingly. And you're done.
smile.gif

(BTW, I LOL-ed at "Then there's pindot, paisley, and other p-words that require more cool than I have managed to accumulate.")

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm inclined to try a wide gray/silver striped (I think that's what' worn in fit 6). Neutral first one.

There's also this one that is continuously on the SF page (I take it that's Unbel on the right). Prefer to invert the stripes so it is blue on white ground, but that's bolder (thicker striped) than any of K's picks.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This. As already noted I do like them a lot and find that they're actually quite easy to combine. Of course, instead of a neutral canvas your shirt becomes a focus of attention, so adjust the rest of the outfit accordingly. And you're done.
smile.gif

(BTW, I LOL-ed at "Then there's pindot, paisley, and other p-words that require more cool than I have managed to accumulate.")

Why don't you give us a taste of the old fits, for reminder...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do not want Luca's shirt. Of the bold stripes posted above, I like all but the second last to varying degrees. For me, it's vital that the color not be too saturated/vivid, though.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And, thanks, unbel. Nice of you to say.

For the record, Murl, it was this righteous ******* piece of headwear:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What can I say? I likes the Giants. I likes Bumgarner. I likes camo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads