or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread - Page 5

post #61 of 1812
Fishball, Thanks for the info. You wouldn't know if either if them do unfused collars & cuffs?
post #62 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylomilo View Post
Fishball,
Thanks for the info. You wouldn't know if either if them do unfused collars & cuffs?

Yes, they both do the unfused collar and cuff if you asked for. AC without subcharge, PL charged for special request, but not much.
post #63 of 1812
Hi,

I am travelling to HK for 4 days on the 22nd of April,

I would like to get a suit as well as a couple of shirts made, could someone please recommend any tailor? I have done some research and the opinions seem to be very diverse ...

Thanks
post #64 of 1812
i just got a suit from lee baron. price was around 5000 HK$ - I am VERY satisfied with the result. he sure knows what he does, but i am not sure if he is able to make you a suit in only 4 days.

very easy to deal with and not annoying like some of the indian or pakistani tailors that try to sell you their BEST "loro piana" and "zegna" fabric for the cheapest price...

regards
eric
post #65 of 1812
+1 on Peter Lee (Lee Baron) But also: get ready to take a lot of flak for being a new member starting a thread for a question that has essentially been answered at least twenty times, which you could have easily found out with just one search.
post #66 of 1812
thanks for all the information, guys

currently narrowed down to pacific custom and Ascot Chang .... anyone had any experience with either of those two tailors ?

from reading the posts, I can see people like WW Chan as well ...
post #67 of 1812
AC is mainly a shirt tailor. Shirts are fantastic but expensive, I wouldn't know about suits. WW Chan is held on this forum to be the gold standard of Hong Kong Tailoring. No idea about Pacific Custom. Show us when you get back. Important: can they do full canvas?
post #68 of 1812
I think Ascot Chang outsources the suit to Gordon Yao. No experience with Pacific Custom but Taipan in Admiralty Center is able to construct fully canvassed suit. Haven't tried to commission suits but I used them for alteration and was satisfied with the end results (shorten sleeve from shoulders, cut chest, waist suppression and shorten the jacket).
post #69 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTA View Post
I think Ascot Chang outsources the suit to Gordon Yao.
No experience with Pacific Custom but Taipan in Admiralty Center is able to construct fully canvassed suit. Haven't tried to commission suits but I used them for alteration and was satisfied with the end results (shorten sleeve from shoulders, cut chest, waist suppression and shorten the jacket).

Gordon Yao no longer does suits for AC but does travel with them to the states. I believe AC uses a variety of tailors now.
post #70 of 1812
Does anyone know if tux&collar is still in business?
post #71 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTA View Post
I think Ascot Chang outsources the suit to Gordon Yao.
No experience with Pacific Custom but Taipan in Admiralty Center is able to construct fully canvassed suit. Haven't tried to commission suits but I used them for alteration and was satisfied with the end results (shorten sleeve from shoulders, cut chest, waist suppression and shorten the jacket).

BTW, were you referring to "Taipan Tailor Co." or "Taipan House Tailors"?

There are two tailors in Admiralty Centre with the name "Taipan".

Taipan Tailor (Paul Lee) is located at Shop 5&6, 1/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre.

Taipan House (Eric Lam) is located at Shop A, 1/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre.
post #72 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by moby.sp View Post
BTW, were you referring to "Taipan Tailor Co." or "Taipan House Tailors"?

There are two tailors in Admiralty Centre with the name "Taipan".

Taipan Tailor (Paul Lee) is located at Shop 5&6, 1/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre.

Taipan House (Eric Lam) is located at Shop A, 1/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre.

Which one is better?
post #73 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphrog View Post
Does anyone know if tux&collar is still in business?

I don't think so.
post #74 of 1812
Quote:
Originally Posted by moby.sp View Post
BTW, were you referring to "Taipan Tailor Co." or "Taipan House Tailors"?

There are two tailors in Admiralty Centre with the name "Taipan".

Taipan Tailor (Paul Lee) is located at Shop 5&6, 1/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre.

Taipan House (Eric Lam) is located at Shop A, 1/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre.

So I am going to be in Hong Kong for a few days in May, in particular looking for a few well fitting shirts. Are these places any good, because as it so happens I'll be working in the office which is in the Admiralty Centre.

Other recommendations for shirt makers in HK would be greatly appreciated!
post #75 of 1812
I use Peter Lee for shirts and suits. Ascot Chang is outside of my budget, and Peter Lee will do a nice everyday working shirt for about 300 HKD. He has some better (and more expensive) fabrics, but you'll have to ask for them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread