or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Canon S95 vs. Canon S100
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Canon S95 vs. Canon S100 - Page 3

post #31 of 39
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q311waterproofcompactgrouptest

the waterproof/rugged point & shoots are pretty neat.
Edited by aizan - 3/16/12 at 7:32pm
post #32 of 39
most of the upgrades to s100 has to do with video. maybe many of you shoot video on a digicam, but i personally dont. the wide angle improvement is marginal... zoom.. not something i care about (shot s90 in wide mode literally 90% of the time).

honestly speaking the s90 is plenty good
post #33 of 39
Do you guys think I should upgrade my current P&S? I've been using the Canon PowerShot SD750 for almost 4 years now. I love the quality of my pictures, but I'd prefer to get a camera that is really slim and pocketable instead (that takes equally as nice if not nicer pictures at the same time).
post #34 of 39
Geotagging would be good on the s100
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

Do you guys think I should upgrade my current P&S? I've been using the Canon PowerShot SD750 for almost 4 years now. I love the quality of my pictures, but I'd prefer to get a camera that is really slim and pocketable instead (that takes equally as nice if not nicer pictures at the same time).

depends, do you have a problem with your current camera's functionality or picture quality? because it is already at the same dimensions as current ultra-compact models...
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

depends, do you have a problem with your current camera's functionality or picture quality? because it is already at the same dimensions as current ultra-compact models...

No problems or gripes at all. Only thing that spurred a potential move to a new P&S is getting a camera that is thinner and more pocketable. I was under the impression that there were quality P&S currently in the market that were substantially slimmer, no?
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

No problems or gripes at all. Only thing that spurred a potential move to a new P&S is getting a camera that is thinner and more pocketable. I was under the impression that there were quality P&S currently in the market that were substantially slimmer, no?

most of the camera specs i saw were ~90x55mm which is in same ballpark as yours.

the company that makes very slim camera is casio but i think most of their product is junk.

for compacts and ultracompacts i think canon is still the way to go, so if indeed they have new smaller ixus line then that may be worth pursuing otherwise i dont think theres a real gain
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

most of the camera specs i saw were ~90x55mm which is in same ballpark as yours.
the company that makes very slim camera is casio but i think most of their product is junk.
for compacts and ultracompacts i think canon is still the way to go, so if indeed they have new smaller ixus line then that may be worth pursuing otherwise i dont think theres a real gain

I like Canon a great deal and it appears they don't have any slim P&S. I think the model I saw that I liked some time back was Sony. I'll probably just stick with what I have. It would be nice to have something super slim that snaps killer photos like my current Canon.
post #39 of 39
i know current model sonys are much improved but the stuff they pushed out in the early-mid 2000s was straight embarassing in how poor they were
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Canon S95 vs. Canon S100