Yeah, even if they're costumey, the application of dress isn't important in this case, it's the elements. I really dig those outfits, bar the epic tie knots and weird pocket seahorse.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2299post #34471 of 787218/8/12 at 3:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34472 of 787218/8/12 at 3:59pmQuote:
Maybe it was actually not a seahorse but a live silk worm spinning a custom square right into the pocket? I am pretty sure that Spoo and a few other dandies here have a few of those in their personal menagerie.post #34473 of 787218/8/12 at 10:10pmpost #34474 of 787218/8/12 at 10:14pmpost #34475 of 787218/8/12 at 10:23pm
Actually, I changed my mind on this. I think you're a retired carnival strongman. In the vain of something like this:Quote:Quote:
Never seen a full three piece with it before though. Fascinating.post #34476 of 787218/8/12 at 10:26pmpost #34477 of 787218/8/12 at 10:31pmI think you guys snarking at this are wrong; the suits are great! Yes there might be a very slight pull on a couple of the buttons, but maybe he just fucking ate lunch?! The very first picture looks a little strange. I think the armholes are too wide, and the gloves look creepy/garish! :Spost #34478 of 787218/8/12 at 11:07pmOriginally Posted by w. rabbit
That's an "action back" (in a half Norfolk style). Makes you feel more comfortable while shooting wild animals, so very useful on a safari suit. And yet ...
I think that was common (or at least not unknown) in the 20's to 40's. There were several styles of belt-backed jackets which incorporated pleats, bellows, vents and the like. Sort of sports/casual suits. Of course, at the time suit wearing was much more widespread, so no doubt such suits would be found adequate by those professionals with "field" ocupations too.
As mentioned, these features are found in Norfolk jackets too, which formed part of suits.
Here you have links to a few styles, offered by Magnoli, a vintage repro specialist tailor:
Edited by JakeGittes - 8/8/12 at 11:19pmpost #34479 of 787218/9/12 at 1:13ampost #34480 of 787218/9/12 at 3:15ampost #34481 of 787218/9/12 at 3:27ampost #34482 of 787218/9/12 at 3:36ampost #34483 of 787218/9/12 at 4:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
A carpet bomb of outfits I meant to post over the winter and one from yesterday. I'm sure you all will have fun with them.
Quick question for you camera experts: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I should probably read a book or take a class but i figured I would ask first: I am using a S95 with a tripod and am using the self timer, how do I get the camera to focus better?
Really Awesome look! I love the Three-Piece safari Look!
do you deliberately wear your jackets at this length? I would wear them a bit less long.post #34484 of 787218/9/12 at 4:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 913 Active Users (144 Members and 769 Guests)
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 11 minutes ago
- › Red sole 14 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 27 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 33 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 39 minutes ago
- › Hook and Albert Garment Weekender Bag 40 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...