Yeah, even if they're costumey, the application of dress isn't important in this case, it's the elements. I really dig those outfits, bar the epic tie knots and weird pocket seahorse.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2299post #34471 of 787218/8/12 at 3:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34472 of 787218/8/12 at 3:59pmQuote:
Maybe it was actually not a seahorse but a live silk worm spinning a custom square right into the pocket? I am pretty sure that Spoo and a few other dandies here have a few of those in their personal menagerie.post #34473 of 787218/8/12 at 10:10pmpost #34474 of 787218/8/12 at 10:14pmpost #34475 of 787218/8/12 at 10:23pm
Actually, I changed my mind on this. I think you're a retired carnival strongman. In the vain of something like this:Quote:Quote:
Never seen a full three piece with it before though. Fascinating.post #34476 of 787218/8/12 at 10:26pmpost #34477 of 787218/8/12 at 10:31pmI think you guys snarking at this are wrong; the suits are great! Yes there might be a very slight pull on a couple of the buttons, but maybe he just fucking ate lunch?! The very first picture looks a little strange. I think the armholes are too wide, and the gloves look creepy/garish! :Spost #34478 of 787218/8/12 at 11:07pmOriginally Posted by w. rabbit
That's an "action back" (in a half Norfolk style). Makes you feel more comfortable while shooting wild animals, so very useful on a safari suit. And yet ...
I think that was common (or at least not unknown) in the 20's to 40's. There were several styles of belt-backed jackets which incorporated pleats, bellows, vents and the like. Sort of sports/casual suits. Of course, at the time suit wearing was much more widespread, so no doubt such suits would be found adequate by those professionals with "field" ocupations too.
As mentioned, these features are found in Norfolk jackets too, which formed part of suits.
Here you have links to a few styles, offered by Magnoli, a vintage repro specialist tailor:
Edited by JakeGittes - 8/8/12 at 11:19pmpost #34479 of 787218/9/12 at 1:13ampost #34480 of 787218/9/12 at 3:15ampost #34481 of 787218/9/12 at 3:27ampost #34482 of 787218/9/12 at 3:36ampost #34483 of 787218/9/12 at 4:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
A carpet bomb of outfits I meant to post over the winter and one from yesterday. I'm sure you all will have fun with them.
Quick question for you camera experts: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I should probably read a book or take a class but i figured I would ask first: I am using a S95 with a tripod and am using the self timer, how do I get the camera to focus better?
Really Awesome look! I love the Three-Piece safari Look!
do you deliberately wear your jackets at this length? I would wear them a bit less long.post #34484 of 787218/9/12 at 4:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 1599 Active Users (363 Members and 1236 Guests)
- › What are you drinking right now? 11 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 13 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 33 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 6 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...