Maybe it was actually not a seahorse but a live silk worm spinning a custom square right into the pocket? I am pretty sure that Spoo and a few other dandies here have a few of those in their personal menagerie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2299post #34471 of 787178/8/12 at 3:59pmpost #34472 of 787178/8/12 at 10:10pmpost #34473 of 787178/8/12 at 10:14pmpost #34474 of 787178/8/12 at 10:23pm
Actually, I changed my mind on this. I think you're a retired carnival strongman. In the vain of something like this:Quote:Quote:
Never seen a full three piece with it before though. Fascinating.post #34475 of 787178/8/12 at 10:26pmpost #34476 of 787178/8/12 at 10:31pmI think you guys snarking at this are wrong; the suits are great! Yes there might be a very slight pull on a couple of the buttons, but maybe he just fucking ate lunch?! The very first picture looks a little strange. I think the armholes are too wide, and the gloves look creepy/garish! :Spost #34477 of 787178/8/12 at 11:07pmOriginally Posted by w. rabbit
That's an "action back" (in a half Norfolk style). Makes you feel more comfortable while shooting wild animals, so very useful on a safari suit. And yet ...
I think that was common (or at least not unknown) in the 20's to 40's. There were several styles of belt-backed jackets which incorporated pleats, bellows, vents and the like. Sort of sports/casual suits. Of course, at the time suit wearing was much more widespread, so no doubt such suits would be found adequate by those professionals with "field" ocupations too.
As mentioned, these features are found in Norfolk jackets too, which formed part of suits.
Here you have links to a few styles, offered by Magnoli, a vintage repro specialist tailor:
Edited by JakeGittes - 8/8/12 at 11:19pmpost #34478 of 787178/9/12 at 1:13ampost #34479 of 787178/9/12 at 3:15ampost #34480 of 787178/9/12 at 3:27ampost #34481 of 787178/9/12 at 3:36ampost #34482 of 787178/9/12 at 4:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
A carpet bomb of outfits I meant to post over the winter and one from yesterday. I'm sure you all will have fun with them.
Quick question for you camera experts: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I should probably read a book or take a class but i figured I would ask first: I am using a S95 with a tripod and am using the self timer, how do I get the camera to focus better?
Really Awesome look! I love the Three-Piece safari Look!
do you deliberately wear your jackets at this length? I would wear them a bit less long.post #34483 of 787178/9/12 at 4:35ampost #34484 of 787178/9/12 at 4:40ampost #34485 of 787178/9/12 at 5:44am
upr, I have a few of that kind of closely-tesselated, geometric pattern, woven high-sheen ties. I like them in themselves, but they're tricky items to wear, and I find myself wearing them less frequently as a result. I think they work best at night-time, for going out to dinner somewhere nice.
Lovely warm sunny day, so out comes the linen...
Would appreciate suggestions for more combinations for this suit, please. It seems like it should be easy to co-ordinate being totally neutral, but that also has the flipside of being quite a large expanse of neutral to work against. Ideas would be gratefully received!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Barena styles and sizing thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 15 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 19 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 21 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 29 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...