or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1137

post #17041 of 20267

The service over at Vass has been very lovely. I emailed to request a slight modification to one of my orders and Rezso and Eva responded in less than 24 hours later. On a Sunday in fact. I'm beginning to see why Vass gets a lot of love around here.

post #17042 of 20267

Not sure if @VRaivio 's boots/write-up was posted previously, but what a great simple design. The natural finish on top of the welt with white thread really pops with the black. Five eyelets is also a nice touch.  

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

http://www.keikari.com/english/?s=vass

post #17043 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post Subnav
 

Not sure if @VRaivio 's boots/write-up was posted previously, but what a great simple design. The natural finish on top of the welt with white thread really pops with the black. Five eyelets is also a nice touch.  

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

http://www.keikari.com/english/?s=vass


Love the semi-matte finish.


Edited by stylexchangemtl - 10/5/15 at 10:34am
post #17044 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Usual Vass Sunday.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

What color are these? Are they indeed shell?

post #17045 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

 

What color are these? Are they indeed shell?

Dark brown (cigar)

post #17046 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

 

What color are these? Are they indeed shell?

Cigar shell, but a lighter batch from awhile back.

post #17047 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

Dark brown (cigar)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Cigar shell, but a lighter batch from awhile back.

 

Wow, that is a light batch. Looks fantastic.

post #17048 of 20267

Greetings all.  New arrival from @jokb A bit of an unusual pair in that two different materials are used, but are superbly matched as to shade.  Bordeaux shell cordovan for the upper and Bordeaux calf for the shaft.  On the elegant F last.

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTime 

post #17049 of 20267
Spoiled them with the speed hooks Roger! Beautiful boots
post #17050 of 20267

These are a good snug fit throughout.  I would hate to deal with them without the speed hooks - I'd have to unlace several eyelets just to get them on.

post #17051 of 20267

Perfect Roger. Great way around "no shell oxford boots".

post #17052 of 20267

These are really nice Roger! Would be interesting to see if the calf and shell look different as the boots age!

post #17053 of 20267
Dear Vass Enthusiasts,

After already owning a couple of Carmina's and Church's, I would like to try something new.

I'm am looking for a solid boot for the upcoming colder, wetter winter days.

What do you guys think - would the Tanker Boot (Style 1090) suite these requirements?

Does Vass actually also do a fur lining?

Best Regards
Felix
post #17054 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebert View Post

What do you guys think - would the Tanker Boot (Style 1090) suite these requirements?

Does Vass actually also do a fur lining?

I wore my 1090 boot yesterday. It's a really fantastic boot and would be a great addition. I inquired a while ago, and at that time Vass did not do a fur lining nor a bellows tongue.
post #17055 of 20267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebert View Post

Dear Vass Enthusiasts,

After already owning a couple of Carmina's and Church's, I would like to try something new.

I'm am looking for a solid boot for the upcoming colder, wetter winter days.

What do you guys think - would the Tanker Boot (Style 1090) suite these requirements?

Does Vass actually also do a fur lining?

Best Regards
Felix

Unfortunately they don't do fur linings or coloured linings of any kind. I asked about this for last winter Haha.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)