• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so calf is in the 650 range, good to know

That ought to have been with their previous pricing when RTW and MTO were the same, or just a RTW boot. For a MTO-boot now the price would be higher.

I noticed this when comparing Vass boots to Alden, the Vass boots looked significantly taller. Would be nice if Vass offered a price difference for their Ankle, mid range, and high boots. Would love some shell boots, but don't need them going up so high.

That's exactly what they do: http://pdfcast.org/pdf/vass-pricelist-2013

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant for the cordovan section, It seems to be only shoes, and boots/high boots combined into one. There's no price difference listed like the calf section.

They have it listed as special pricing, since both medium and high boots in cordovan need to be quoted each time. The cost then depends on how many pieces they need for the boots, if it's a medium high boot and they can use for example three pieces of cordovan for the hold pair, it will be differently priced compared to a high boot which they need four pieces for. But if they only have smaller cordovan hides, they might need four pieces for the same medium hight boots, and it will cost more.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Amazing how much the toe cap affects the appearance of the last, as someone commented above: it looks a lot more elegant with the "Budapester" brogued wingtip, IMHO.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There are these as well...
What size are these? They look much more svelte than my 45s.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question for my fellow Vass enthusiasts: can someone tell me the key difference(s) between the New Peter and F lasts? Trying to decide which one to go with for an Alt Wein shoe in Bordeaux shell. Thanks in advance.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quote:
I don't have direct experience with the New Peter, but from what I have read, I believe it has a lower instep than the F.
I don't have experience with the F last yet, in contrast, but I do think that the New Peter has a lower instep and perhaps a broader shape across the foot and in the toe. I think either last would make a fine Alt Wien, depending on your preference. I did not look to verify this, but I think that the Alt Wiens on the Vass site skew much more heavily toward the New Peter than the F. But the nice thing about Vass is that you can get what you want.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First pair of Vass. Dark brown River II. Beautiful shoes but a half size too big. :( I'm going to email Rezső to see if an exchange is possible. I might also see about getting them done in antique cognac instead. The dark brown might be a bit too dark.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads