• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Edward Green is back....at GVH

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merckx
Love my Grants.
inlove.gif

Grant001.jpg

Grant002.jpg

Grant003.jpg

Damn, Merckx, those are just spectacular! Surely, they didn't come that way. You must have done some serious augmentation to the antiquing already present when you got them. Yes? What EG color are those? They're beautiful!
smile.gif

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the grants are beautiful...I'm having a hard time getting past paying more for a pair of shoes than a semester of my college tuition.

louky

Reaction score
Missed out on this by a mile. If anyone ends up with a pair of grants in 10.5 that don't work, send me pm - I'll be happy to take them off of your hands.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
were the grants available in a 9.5 ? despite it being unhealthy for my mental health, i need to know if I missed out on these or not.

if any one who got the grant in 9.5 finds them not to their liking or would prefer them in dark oak, please pm me!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'm not a jodhpur guy, but I'm surprised the black ones in size 9 are still there. Don't see that type of thing often at this price point.

Also, the listing for the Polo chelseas in 9 says they're made in England, and they look like C&Js to me. The final style on my immediate "want list" is a pair of black chelseas, but I'm being pretty picky.

Could be but gvh has a bad record with that kind of thing and often uses stock pictures. I don't trust it and I don't recognize the model name

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Woo! Picked up one of the last two styles I really want (at least until I find something new and shiny):

harrington.jpg

Is the Harrington on 89?

Doc,
I have always thought you have great taste,
those boots are lovely, by the time I got through this thread there was "diddely squat " in my size.

great score! Congrats.

MikeF

Reaction score
I will pay $560 plus shipping for Grants in either black or brown, size 11. PM me if you are interested.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
were the grants available in a 9.5 ? despite it being unhealthy for my mental health, i need to know if I missed out on these or not.

if any one who got the grant in 9.5 finds them not to their liking or would prefer them in dark oak, please pm me!

_Every_ size was available.

Albert60

Reaction score

Albert60

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
Doc,
I have always thought you have great taste,
those boots are lovely, by the time I got through this thread there was "diddely squat " in my size.

great score! Congrats.

Ditto

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeF
I will pay $560 plus shipping for Grants in either black or brown, size 11. PM me if you are interested.

Mike, I have ordered the Brown/Chestnut Grant in an 11 and an 11.5 as i was not sure if it was an 89 or 888 last at the moment and didnt want to miss out on the shoe. The shoe is a 888 last, so i will very likely keep the 11.5 and would be happy to give you the 11 at my cost $469 plus shipping.

Regards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics