• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just can't understand...

hi-val

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Legal passing, either by going into the oncoming lane on a two lane road or passing in either lane on a four lane road, or on a divided highway....all legal, they always speed up!

I only am in the left lane to pass, or alternately, when the density of traffic necessitates it. If I am in the process of passing four cars with a semi trailer at the front, I will be getting over to the right lane as soon as I reach a time when I can maintain my speed in that lane without getting over again. Impatient people are going to whip into the right lane, always without a turn signal, and try to pass between me, a car and a semi in front of them. It's incredibly dangerous and illegal where I am.

I guess it's just impatience in general; I look several cars down the road when I drive so I know what's coming up. When people whip around me, they aren't seeing that they'll just have to slow down anyway because of the car in front of me. They just have to play Fast and Furious and be dangerous on the road. People who you are passing on a 2-lane highway that speed up when you're on the oncoming lane are dangerous and irresponsible; I slow down when I'm being passed in those situations so people can get over quickly.

And for the record, whenever I am in the left lane and see a car approaching at a higher speed behind me, I try as soon as possible to get into the right lane and let them pass me.

ikemen

Reaction score
why the main stream hip hop is so full of bull **** gangster rap and why groups like ATCQ, de la, organized konfusion are not richer, more famous, more powerful than mediocre kids like $.50

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
+1. If you're going slower than someone else on the highway, get out of the way

+10000. I hate when people do that. You're not the police, so saying that it's illegal is pretty lame in my opinion. You were probably going to slow in the first place, so don't box me out when I have to pass you on the wrong side.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why someone doing 10 mph under the speed limit will suddenly speed up when you go to pass them.

I think I have a reasonable explanation for this one. When this has happened to me (as the slow-poke who then speeds up) each time, it is accompanied by me thinking to myself "oh ****, look at how slow I'm driving."

Mine:

Why does my wife insist on using the ladle that has to be hand-washed? Why not the plastic dishwasher-safe one? Every time.

b

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone that will stand in the cashier line for several minutes, watch their goods get wrung up, get told the total, then, as if in total surprise payment is expected, start to look for their money, CC, etc.

People do this on the bus too and it drives me up a ******* wall. Excuse my language but it's the stupist ******* thing I've ever seen. Did you not expect to get on the bus? Was it a surprise to you? Argh.

b

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone that will stand in the cashier line for several minutes, watch their goods get wrung up, get told the total, then, as if in total surprise payment is expected, start to look for their money, CC, etc.
That's the absolute worst. Having been a cashier at CVS for a couple of years (never again, I would rather go hungry), I'm well acquainted with idiots of this strain. I once had a woman throw away two checks before she liked her signature enough to make payment.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
If people are trying to pass you on the right and you're in the left lane, you should get the **** out of the left lane and stop being a prick.

+1. if somebody is trying to pass you, let them. don't use your ******* car as a toy to try to get into a pissing match with somebody.

and, if somebody is trying to pass you on the right, it means you are an asshole - you shouldn't be in the ******* left lane, anyway.

hi-val

Reaction score
23 items in the U-scan line. I am buying a bottle of wine and some potato chips in this line because it's the only one with a cashier over 21 to ring me up. I feel like enough of a prole already, having to ring my stuff up. Now I have to watch you fail efficiency.

Cashiers are REALLY GOOD at scanning your stuff quickly. You are not. Usually, I'll stand in the line with folks lugging overloaded carts because it's faster than the U-scan line.

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
I am buying a bottle of wine and some potato chips in this line because it's the only one with a cashier over 21 to ring me up.

21 to handle a bottle of wine at a checkout? This is a law somewhere?!

Mustapha

Reaction score
Old folks who jaywalk with walkers. With wheelchairs. There is an old folks home near my place. One man died. Groceries, blood and one sneaker left on the ground after they took him away. Next day - more jaywalkers from the same home.
confused.gif

mink31

Reaction score
The fact that so few young people have any interest in or are ignorant about classical music. But when their hair turns gray it's as if a switch flips on and they're at the opera!

It's not that I have a problem with those who've listened to Beethoven and just like Biggy Smalls instead, it's those that refuse to even try--it's not like there's no reason the music's been popular for 150+ years!
That I don't understand.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll still be listening to hip hop when i'm Quincy Jones' age.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
+1. if somebody is trying to pass you, let them. don't use your ******* car as a toy to try to get into a pissing match with somebody. and, if somebody is trying to pass you on the right, it means you are an asshole - you shouldn't be in the ******* left lane, anyway.
Something similar happened to me yesterday with some yokel's large SUV where he tried to speed up when I signaled to pass into his lane. Then he gave me the finger, the whore.

hi-val

Reaction score
Originally Posted by B1FF
21 to handle a bottle of wine at a checkout? This is a law somewhere?!

Welcome to Ohio.

In Indiana, you cannot sell cold pop if you also sell liquor. Warm pop is fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads