1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things you just can't understand...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fade to Black, Mar 14, 2008.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Anyone that drinks something in a martini glass.

That's all of gay America.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

There is just so many things I can't understand.

Why ass-hat parents feel it is "okay" to let their untamed three year old run around in an upscale restaurant. Further, why said parents would be offended when the manager tells them to get Cujo muzzled or leave.

Why when someone runs a stop sign or red light and you honk at them, they give you the finger. They are upset you avoided the impending accident with them? WTF?

Why someone doing 10 mph under the speed limit will suddenly speed up when you go to pass them.

Why we have a nail on our little toes.

3. Eason

Eason Senior member

I don't understand why this Zune my client gave to me can't read freaking unicode. 99% of my music shows up like goddamn heiroglyphics and there is no solution for the v2 zune yet. Why in god's name would you release an mp3 player, such a mainstream one, with no unicode support? It's unbelievable. I'm going to crush some microsoft employees this monday...

4. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Martinis sans gin.

Sportscars sans stick.

Sex in the dark.

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

6. hi-val

hi-val Senior member

Why someone doing 10 mph under the speed limit will suddenly speed up when you go to pass them.

Are you trying to pass people on the right? When I'm in the left lane, I box people in all the time who try to do this, as it's illegal in just about every place under the sun. Mind you, I'm going at a healthy clip myself, so I suppose I'm not exactly what your example points to...

7. Eason

Eason Senior member

Here is something you can't understand: How I could just kill a man
    Always thought the RATM was an original, shame on my hip hop knowledge.

8. username79

username79 Senior member

Are you trying to pass people on the right? When I'm in the left lane, I box people in all the time who try to do this, as it's illegal in just about every place under the sun. Mind you, I'm going at a healthy clip myself, so I suppose I'm not exactly what your example points to...
    If people are trying to pass you on the right and you're in the left lane, you should get the fuck out of the left lane and stop being a prick.

9. j

j Senior member Admin

10. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

Are you trying to pass people on the right? When I'm in the left lane, I box people in all the time who try to do this
    Sounds like you are blocking.
    ...it's illegal in just about every place under the sun...
    Assuming there is another lane to the right or there is adequate room, then not in California.

11. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Sounds like you are blocking.

+1. If you're going slower than someone else on the highway, get out of the way

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. If you're going slower than someone else on the highway, get out of the way
    Quickly

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

People that walk 3-4 wide on the sidewalk.

14. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

People who stop in the middle of a crowded walkway to talk on their cell phone. C'mon, Skippy, the legs can move independently of the mouth.

15. robin

robin Senior member

People that walk 3-4 wide on the sidewalk.
    That I don't understand either, but then again I have no qualms with cutting by right in the middle of them. I have also seen an elegant and small older woman in downtown Seattle use a well trained Doberman Pinscher to get people to stay out of her way as well. [​IMG]

16. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I don't understand why this Zune my client gave to me can't read freaking unicode. 99% of my music shows up like goddamn heiroglyphics and there is no solution for the v2 zune yet. Why in god's name would you release an mp3 player, such a mainstream one, with no unicode support? It's unbelievable. I'm going to crush some microsoft employees this monday...

Actually, for what language, Eason? I had issues initially with Greek characters but a lot of it was solved by sticking with only ID3v2.4 (iirc).

17. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

People who jaywalk 5 ft from a crosswalk, with kid in tow (or even a baby stroller as I've seen)

Why Fedex ground has to go thru their Memphis main hub...so a ground shipment from LA to Pasadena goes thru Memphis and takes 2-3 days for a 20 minute distance.

It's more efficient that way.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Legal passing, either by going into the oncoming lane on a two lane road or passing in either lane on a four lane road, or on a divided highway....all legal, they always speed up!

19. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

The desire to have children.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Someone that will stand in the cashier line for several minutes, watch their goods get wrung up, get told the total, then, as if in total surprise payment is expected, start to look for their money, CC, etc.